ADVERTISEMENT

Thank you Notre Dame fans

Aug 3, 2004
Long time Nole fan here and went to your great stadium this weekend to knock off a bucket list item. Other then watching my team get smacked around(which I knew was coming) it was amazing.

We unknowingly stayed at the ND team hotel and most of the players were actually on our floor. It was a little awkward walking around them(especially riding on the elevator with them) with Nole gear on but they were cool and even told us to have a great time.

Every fan we encountered was very hospitable and welcomed us to tailgate with them. The campus was so beautiful as well as the stadium. This Florida boy didn’t even mind the snow/cold conditions. Loved the Linebacker bar.

Only conplaint and it’s all on me is I don’t understand the seating row numbers. The beginning of a row has a number right in front of the bench but it apparently doesn’t match up. For example, what appeared to be row 10 was actually row 9.

Kind of funny story, I actually convinced long time season ticket holders they were in the wrong row(I was actually in the wrong section anyway) and had rows of people moving around. Really embarrassing to find out not only was I in the wrong row but also the wrong section. It was section 110 and I was in section 118.

We had South Club tickets too. If you haven’t been up there give it a try. It was awesome!

Anyways, thanks again for the great time and good luck the rest of your season.

Long time Nole fan here and went to your great stadium this weekend to knock off a bucket list item. Other then watching my team get smacked around(which I knew was coming) it was amazing.

We unknowingly stayed at the ND team hotel and most of the players were actually on our floor. It was a little awkward walking around them(especially riding on the elevator with them) with Nole gear on but they were cool and even told us to have a great time.

Every fan we encountered was very hospitable and welcomed us to tailgate with them. The campus was so beautiful as well as the stadium. This Florida boy didn’t even mind the snow/cold conditions. Loved the Linebacker bar.

Only conplaint and it’s all on me is I don’t understand the seating row numbers. The beginning of a row has a number right in front of the bench but it apparently doesn’t match up. For example, what appeared to be row 10 was actually row 9.

Kind of funny story, I actually convinced long time season ticket holders they were in the wrong row(I was actually in the wrong section anyway) and had rows of people moving around. Really embarrassing to find out not only was I in the wrong row but also the wrong section. It was section 110 and I was in section 118.

We had South Club tickets too. If you haven’t been up there give it a try. It was awesome!

Thank you for taking time out to post something positive. I used to go to church with your new DC Harlon Barnett when he coached at MSU. Great, great guy. Always took the time to work with young people in the community. He knows his stuff. I know it's been a struggle this season but this coaching staff will get FSU right again. Next season will be night and day.

Glad you had a great time. I didn't even realize they took the players to hotel for the home games. About the seating, don't sweat it, I've been going to home games for the last 40 years and still get confused. But then again I'm usually pretty drunk lol!

Glad you had a great time. I didn't even realize they took the players to hotel for the home games. About the seating, don't sweat it, I've been going to home games for the last 40 years and still get confused. But then again I'm usually pretty drunk lol!
Most colleges, if not all take their players to a hotel even when playing at home. Good way to keep players out of trouble I guess.

Reactions: NIN Irish
I had the privilege of chatting with more than a few FSU fans and they were terrific. Extremely friendly. Very sociable. I took a few pics of them in front of different campus landmarks. One couple I was chatting with outside the stadium, about 3PM, were shivering and telling me how cold it was. I told them if they think it's cold now, wait until game time when the sun goes down. I hope it all worked out for them. I talked to one neutral fan from Arkansas who was on campus for business, but was also attending the game. He was great.

Thanks for the gracious post, Cribbs, and glad to hear you enjoyed yourself despite the dreadful outcome of the game for FSU. I suppose a loss is a little easier to swallow when you expect it is coming, and you are there mainly to soak in the experience.

If you love college football and are someone who appreciates the history and tradition of the sport--and it sounds like you are one of those people--Notre Dame Stadium truly is an iconic place. By and large most ND fans are good hosts and go out of their way to make opposing fans feel welcomed when they visit. I've never understood going to an opposing stadium only to be subjected to opposing fans yelling and screaming vile things at you, and sometimes worse, simply because you happen to be rooting for the other team. I have to say, however, having attended several away games at various places in the South, by and large most fan bases there are very hospitable. I guess a lot of that is just southern culture and good manners. (I've never attended a game at The U, however, which I understand from many Domer fans on this board is more often than not a truly awful experience.)

Good luck with the rest of your season.

Thank you for visiting and stopping by this board to share.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT