ADVERTISEMENT

Texas and ND

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
Watching the Texas Bama game and a few things become clear and directly relate to ND

Quarterback play. Evers has transformed himself physically n mentally into a very good qb. ND finally has a good qb. What a difference it makes. We were solid for many years but had garbage at qb. It is the difference maker

Protection. Texas has great protection for Ewers. Today vs bc state our O line was not very good in pass protect. This must improve quickly

PLay calling. Texas is not afraid to open it up. I hope Parker gives Hartman the green light more often

Reactions: NDinNJ
Watching the Texas Bama game and a few things become clear and directly relate to ND

Quarterback play. Evers has transformed himself physically n mentally into a very good qb. ND finally has a good qb. What a difference it makes. We were solid for many years but had garbage at qb. It is the difference maker

Protection. Texas has great protection for Ewers. Today vs bc state our O line was not very good in pass protect. This must improve quickly

PLay calling. Texas is not afraid to open it up. I hope Parker gives Hartman the green light more often
Agree with most of what your posted, however Hartman is no Ewers. Ewers is only going to get better as the season continues. With Hartman, you've got what you got, you'll see very little improvement the rest of the way.

The future with Angeli, Minchey, and Carr has me excited!

Swarbrick needs to continue to make the schedule as bottom of the barrel as possible in the first month of the season.

Apparently all it takes is big point differential win vs some of the worst teams in the FBS to get the ND fan base thinking ND is suddenly the 1999-2001 st louis rams.

Swarbrick needs to continue to make the schedule as bottom of the basement as possible in the first month of the season.

Apparently all it takes is big point differential win vs some of the worst teams in the FBS to get the ND fan base thinking ND is suddenly the 1999-2001 st louis rams.
Just when you think you've seen the dumbest post by chaseball, he goes and tops it. What a dope!

Reactions: francade
Swarbrick needs to continue to make the schedule as bottom of the barrel as possible in the first month of the season.

will take him some time to water it down as much as Michigan's

But you love F-, what's their ranking on there?

Reactions: BGI User 756

Do you mean like Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State and Michigan ?

Reactions: NDinNJ

Ewers is more talented than Hartman and their WRs are better than ours. We have to win a little differently than they do

Reactions: ivan brunetti

Not much different than SEC schedules

Who did Georgia, FSU, Ohio St, LSU, Michigan, Washington, and Clemson play today? No way it could be teams at the bottom of the barrel eh?

Agree with most of what your posted, however Hartman is no Ewers. Ewers is only going to get better as the season continues. With Hartman, you've got what you got, you'll see very little improvement the rest of the way.

Hartmann may not get better!!! BUT he is really good right now!!! If plays this way every week.. ND will be in the mix in the end! 11-1 or 12-0....

Reactions: bizzybecknd

Yea but Tom Brady wasn’t as talented as Aaron Rodgers, Stafford, Peyton. Arm talent is important but not the most important attribute at that position.

Reactions: theskibro
Hartmann may not get better!!! BUT he is really good right now!!! If plays this way every week.. ND will be in the mix in the end! 11-1 or 12-0....
I will take 75 percent completion rate, four TD’s a game and over 300 yards in passing a game from Sam. I highly doubt Ewers is going to get better during the year

I will take 75 percent completion rate, four TD’s a game and over 300 yards in passing a game from Sam. I highly doubt Ewers is going to get better during the year
Ewers is a stud and uber talented. He's a first round type QB

Watching this Texas/Alabama game and have been noticing that Alabama’s big left OT holds on almost every play … not just grabbing but giving his opponent a bear hug and riding him down… yet has never been called for holding

Reactions: NotreDomer1
Ewers is a stud and uber talented. He's a first round type QB

Doesn’t really have a powerful arm, but he throws a very catchable ball. His WR’s have made some tremendous adjustments to the long balls he’s thrown. I think Hartman and Ewers are pretty comparable. We will see how Ewers progresses over the years.

Reactions: Pennick4
Love you, skibro, & I agree w/ most of your post, but book wasn’t garbage, he was very good.
Francade
Garbage was harsh of me. But Book was not anywhere near Hartman or ewers level. A good gutsy game manager, yes. A threat to find the open man and throw downfield? No

Reactions: francade
Ewers is more talented than Hartman and their WRs are better than ours. We have to win a little differently than they do
I do not agree. Hartman is very good. I like ewers putting air under his ball. But who is better? I’m happy with Sam

Doesn’t really have a powerful arm, but he throws a very catchable ball. His WR’s have made some tremendous adjustments to the long balls he’s thrown. I think Hartman and Ewers are pretty comparable. We will see how Ewers progresses over the years.
Your underrating his arm. It's bigger than Hartmans. I dont really think they ate comparable in NFL terms. Ewers is a top 10 guy. Hartman is a mid to late draft pick

Your underrating his arm. It's bigger than Hartmans. I dont really think they ate comparable in NFL terms. Ewers is a top 10 guy. Hartman is a mid to late draft pick

Maybe. I don’t see it “yet” though with Ewers

Yeah, i just don’t see that at all. He’s a lot like Jake Fromm to me. I’ve been wrong before though
What lol. Not even close

This is a 5 star number 1 recruit. Hes 20 years old

Jake fromm was limited. This kid can make every throw

“Francade
Garbage was harsh of me. But Book was not anywhere near Hartman or ewers level. A good gutsy game manager, yes. A threat to find the open man and throw downfield? No”

Well, he was better than most think w/ the deep ball %wise and won a few games w/ deep ball dimes (usc, Pitt, nwstrn & Clemson come to mind)but I agree he played a very conservative game. But he was elite in the 4th and played within his game. I agree that Hartman and Ewers are better though.

What lol. Not even close

This is a 5 star number 1 recruit. Hes 20 years old

Jake fromm was limited. This kid can make every throw

Um, no he can’t make every throw. No way. Show me him throwing a 40 yard frozen rope and I’ll believe you. He has average arm strength based on the game i just watched

His recruiting ranking really doesn’t matter anymore.

Reactions: Pennick4
Um, no he can’t make every throw. No way. Show me him throwing a 40 yard frozen rope and I’ll believe you. He has average arm strength based on the game i just watched

His recruiting ranking really doesn’t matter anymore.
He absolutely can. Hes a top 10 pick. You need to watch more

He absolutely can. Hes a top 10 pick. You need to watch more

Will do. My opinion definitely has a limited sample size of evidence. I definitely don’t see him throwing a 15 yard out pass across the field with any real velocity though. Not based on this game at least

The ball he threw today went like 57 yards in the air and he didnt put much into it. Flicked his wrost

He has an extra year on Williams. If he stays in college next year, he would be on track to be the number one pick.
Caleb Williams and Quin Ewers are both class of 2021, and both are in their third year of college.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT