ADVERTISEMENT

Take Purdue off the schedule

Im die hard as in i dont miss games, ever, and usually watch every snap (haven't in recent times because of the bad product).

I follow ND 24/7 365 days a year. The fact that im this die hard and bored half the time im watching ND these days (because of the low competition schedule week in and week out going back to about 2016) is a problem for the brand long-term IMO. If a die hard like me is not tuned in, I can only imagine other fans or potential new fans out there.
What are recent times to you? For anybody under the age of 40 the past 7 years have been pretty much the most consistently good teams we’ve had. Important to keep in mind for actual fans which I know you aren’t.

It has already happened. You simply don't know it yet. You domers are in deep denial.
Oh, and you do? ND and the ND football nation is totally in the dark, ignorant and clueless, but some random Purdue fan has the 411, now that USC is in the Big Ten fans like you are privy to all this stuff, and you're on the confidential email list, but ND fans don't know shit?

Like I said, we'll see about that. Again, you're just sore and snippy on account of the serious thrashing your guys had to endure.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Oh, and you do? ND and the ND football nation is totally in the dark, ignorant and clueless,
ND nation is not in the dark. The USC head coach openly says he wants the rivalry to end, the USC AD talks around the issue but does NOT proclaim that the rivalry will continue (first two links), and the 2027 football schedule has eleven teams but no Notre Dame (third link).

So yes, I understand what is happening even if you do not. There isn't going to be a public announcement that USC is not longer scheduling ND. They're simply not contracting to put ND on the schedule after 2026.

Last edited:
ND nation is not in the dark. The USC head coach openly says he wants the rivalry to end, the USC AD talks around the issue but does NOT proclaim that the rivalry will continue (first two links), and the 2027 football schedule has eleven teams but no Notre Dame (third link).

So yes, I understand what is happening even if you do not. There isn't going to be a public announcement that USC is not longer scheduling ND. They're simply not contracting to put ND on the schedule after 2026.

Who cares. You care more than we do about this

66 to 7

Hot damn, I was just giving you a hard time. But thanks for the links to the fan site blog posts. And I only see eleven games on USC's '27 schedule with a big fat vacancy saved for ND.

Lastly, wtf do you even care? Purdue is a non-entity in big time CFB as evidenced by Saturday's beatdown. If things continue to consolidate as they inevitably, presumably will, people will move heaven and earth and do whatever it takes to accommodate ND. While the continued existence of a program like Purdue is and will be a nuisance and an albatross to a Big Ten superconference. I'd be more worried about your sorry-ass program being de-emphasized and jettisoned against their will a la Oregon St., then I would be drinking schadenfreude about how you're gonna be replacing ND on USC's schedule.

And I only see eleven games on USC's '27 schedule with a big fat vacancy saved for ND.
That's exactly the point. If USC intends to play ND in 2027, why aren't the Irish on the schedule right now? They had plenty of time to schedule UNLV and Nevada. Why not ND too? Especially amid all of the current controversy and doubt. As I said previously, USC has dropped ND from its schedule. You domers just haven't figured it out yet.

And please don't worry about Purdue. Purdue is not only a charter member of the Big Ten, it is the founding member. Actually, Purdue President James Smart invented college athletic conferences in 1895. There were none at that time and he started the first one:

"On January 11, 1895 he (Smart) organized a gathering of the presidents of seven Midwestern universities (Purdue, Michigan, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago) with the purpose of cracking down on many of the improprieties happening in football at the time. It was a monumental step, as the idea of an organized conference of collegiate athletics was almost laughable. Even the closely associated Ivy League did not form a formal conference until 1954."

"On February 8, 1896, one faculty member from each of those seven universities met at the same Palmer House (in Chicago) and officially established the mechanics of the "Intercollegiate Conference of Faculty Representatives" or "Western Conference."

Last edited:
That's exactly the point. If USC intends to play ND in 2027, why aren't the Irish on the schedule right now? They had plenty of time to schedule UNLV and Nevada. Why not ND too? Especially amid all of the current controversy and doubt. As I said previously, USC has dropped ND from its schedule. You domers just haven't figured it out yet.

And please don't worry about Purdue. Purdue is not only a charter member of the Big Ten, it is the founding member. Actually, Purdue President James Smart invented college athletic conferences in 1895. There were none at that time and he started the first one:

"On January 11, 1895 he (Smart) organized a gathering of the presidents of seven Midwestern universities (Purdue, Michigan, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Chicago) with the purpose of cracking down on many of the improprieties happening in football at the time. It was a monumental step, as the idea of an organized conference of collegiate athletics was almost laughable. Even the closely associated Ivy League did not form a formal conference until 1954."

"On February 8, 1896, one faculty member from each of those seven universities met at the same Palmer House (in Chicago) and officially established the mechanics of the "Intercollegiate Conference of Faculty Representatives" or "Western Conference."
The 12th game is not on the 2027 schedule because it's assumed that it is and always will be Notre Dame.

Now you are bragging that Purdue has a faculty member back in 1896 that met at the Palmer House? Quite the tangent….

2027 has 14 open Saturdays. USC has 3 open dates to fly to ND. And they need that game, as their schedule has bottom feeders Illinois, Indy, MD…plus Wisky and Iowa…

I'm not worried about Purdue, you should be worried about Purdue. You'd be the only one. And for what's left of your dignity as a lowly Purdue fan, just drop the subject about USC ending its storied rivalry with ND. It doesn't concern you. ND>>>Purdue. By orders and orders of magnitude. If ND was ready to join the Big Ten on the condition that Purdue is kicked out, you'd be gone. And if there was some preexisting contractual obligation to keep Purdue on, they'd figure out a way to break it. And your Big Ten charter member status would count for next to nothing. In fact if anything, ND's own historical rivalry with Purdue, one-sided as it is, would be the sort of fortuitous circumstance that might allow you to hang on in uncertain times.

Seriously, the shakeout is definitely not over yet, and I would be a little bit worried if I were you. While ND fans have nothing to worry about, other than losing our cherished 'independence', which I am not terribly sympathetic towards, but that's just me. And in a 40 team two superconference duopoly, space will be at a premium. And you bring little to no value, other than maybe of the sentimental sort, to the equation. And we will ultimately keep our rivalry with USC hook or by crook. And that may well be by virtue of ND joining the Big Ten when it can no longer be put off, while Purdue will take the hindmost.

And we will ultimately keep our rivalry with USC hook or by crook. And that may well be by virtue of ND joining the Big Ten when it can no longer be put off, while Purdue will take the hindmost.
Thanks for the chuckle and you nailed it: The only way that USC will continue playing ND is for the Irish to join the Big Ten.

Thanks for the chuckle and you nailed it: The only way that USC will continue playing ND is for the Irish to join the Big Ten.
Fair enough, I guess we're done here. That's probably the only way a Purdue fan can save face. After a true ass-walloping like Saturday, gloating over ND grudgingly joining the Big Ten at some point against their own better aspirations, crossing their fingers and riding their luck that Purdue gets grandfathered into the big leagues, where they can at least assume their usual position as whipping boy and doormat for the big boy programs to enjoy a break on an otherwise packed schedule. Everyone has their role to play...

That's probably the only way a Purdue fan can save face. After a true ass-walloping like Saturday, gloating over ND grudgingly joining the Big Ten at some point against their own better aspirations,
Well, it was an ass-whipping of Biblical proportions but my comments were not meant to 'save face." If you read through some of my previous posts here, I have been saying that the writing is on the wall for USC dropping ND for several weeks.

Insofar as ". . . ND grudgingly joining the Big Ten . . ." it would seem to be a welcome relief compared to this quasi-independent deal that you have with the badly-troubled ACC. With USC dropping ND and Stanford joining the ACC, the only annual rival you'll have left is Navy.

Well, it was an ass-whipping of Biblical proportions but my comments were not meant to 'save face." If you read through some of my previous posts here, I have been saying that the writing is on the wall for USC dropping ND for several weeks.

Insofar as ". . . ND grudgingly joining the Big Ten . . ." it would seem to be a welcome relief compared to this quasi-independent deal that you have with the badly-troubled ACC. With USC dropping ND and Stanford joining the ACC, the only annual rival you'll have left is Navy.
We're not joining the Big 10. We don't need to. We don't want to.

Hey Purdoesn't fan---When did USC drop Notre Dame from their schedule? You have written this countless times.

Notre Dame does not want to join the Big 10. Never have.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT