ADVERTISEMENT

Switching to Wake

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Did not see the Clemson game, saw they put up 13.....Then 42 on NC State. I did catch NC State, their offense is fun to watch. Very creative and innovative with lots of play action with the QB runs where they dump out.

There defense looks like it has decent athletes but letting 100 pts go up in the first 2 means something can be exploited.

Assuming NC State has say a top 5 D in the ACC maybe, and that Clemson is at a different level. I would also say they are very much a timing offense and like ND needed that one game to get it moving.

I'm going to guess you will be hard pressed to hold them under 20. I'd guess ND will try to shorten the game with heavy run packages and maybe this becomes a 38 -41 to 24-31 game...ND

Anyone see what Clemson did to shut them down? Was it timing or just that much better.

Did not see the Clemson game, saw they put up 13.....Then 42 on NC State. I did catch NC State, their offense is fun to watch. Very creative and innovative with lots of play action with the QB runs where they dump out.

There defense looks like it has decent athletes but letting 100 pts go up in the first 2 means something can be exploited.

Assuming NC State has say a top 5 D in the ACC maybe, and that Clemson is at a different level. I would also say they are very much a timing offense and like ND needed that one game to get it moving.

I'm going to guess you will be hard pressed to hold them under 20. I'd guess ND will try to shorten the game with heavy run packages and maybe this becomes a 38 -41 to 24-31 game...ND

Anyone see what Clemson did to shut them down? Was it timing or just that much better.

To me, this is another team that we should be looking to score 50+ on.

Clemson basically played 2.5 Quarters against Wake (got up 37-3) and then pulled almost everyone.....which allowed Wake to keep the loss to ~25 pts....instead of the 50+ pt loss it was heading for. Only real take away from that game is that Wake doesn't have the talent to stay on the field with Clemson (not shocking...and not really all that useful).

Their NC State game last week was more telling.

NC State is a middling (at best) ACC team...and Wake allowed them to rush for 270+ yards at 5.5 YPC.
Given that, ND should be able to pound the ball, much like we did against USF. That alone should basically obviate any limitations that exist in our passing game.

On offense, Wake has a decent quick-strike passing attack, but I wouldn't call it "dangerous" at all....especially now that Sage Surratt has opted out. We probably won't shut them out entirely, but I'd expect us to hold them below 20....during meaningful minutes.

I'd look for the score to be ~ 45-18 ND....before the starters all begin to get pulled.

Last edited:
ND should physically dominate both lines similar to USF.

Wake has a good short quick passer in hartman, but he's not the biggest running threat, capable, but not dynamic. Like IP said they've lost their best receivers and don't really have anyone with size or that can beat you deep easily. Wake does a lot of slow developing run plays that ND line should be able to stuff a lot.

I'm looking for ND to improve on it's passing game more. If ND improves on it's passing game and dominates both lines it should be a good day.

ND should physically dominate both lines similar to USF.

Wake has a good short quick passer in hartman, but he's not the biggest running threat, capable, but not dynamic. Like IP said they've lost their best receivers and don't really have anyone with size or that can beat you deep easily. Wake does a lot of slow developing run plays that ND line should be able to stuff a lot.

I'm looking for ND to improve on it's passing game more. If ND improves on it's passing game and dominates both lines it should be a good day.

Man, I can't wait to see Jordan Johnson get some targets !

Reactions: ftnfan62

They arent putting up 31 points on our D

Reactions: Bodizephax
RB Walker is a good player.

That long ride option they run is a PIA

WR's all seem 6'4 or taller----hope Hamilton healthy enough to play.

Reactions: ftnfan62

I suffered through a few drives of that. I though WFU qb missed a lot of targets that could have changed the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT