ADVERTISEMENT

Stick it Roger

I hate Tom Brady and Michigan.
You can hate Brady but he is now the best ever without question. And UM has gone from dumpster to a program we wish we had all because of a coach. Their coach. And ours. Night and day. Swimsuit model and troll.

I really despise the Patriots and Belichick. Mostly because of envy, I guess.
I do not care for Brady either. Again, probably envy.

All that aside - Brady is clearly the best quarterback in NFL history. I used to be a Montana-man all the way, and as Joe is still one of the very best - I feel now that Brady has overtaken him as best ever.

Pains me to say it, but it's true. All Patriot haters can choke on that.

Montana was undefeated in 4 SB appearances.

the Montana argument is a lost cause. Sorry boys. 7 Super Bowls to 4. By your logic the Detroit Lions are a better team than the Atlanta Falcons because their Super Bowl record is 0-0 while Atlanta's is 0-2. Hell, if you go back to late 1980's and 1990, Bill Walsh didn't even think Montana was the best QB on the 49ers. In 2 of his last 3 years at SF Montana had a QB rating in the 80's. No doubt Joe was great but the comparisons with Brady are long since over. Will be interesting to see how history views Montana relative to other greats like Bradshaw, Elway, Manning, etc.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
the Montana argument is a lost cause. Sorry boys. 7 Super Bowls to 4. By your logic the Detroit Lions are a better team than the Atlanta Falcons because their Super Bowl record is 0-0 while Atlanta's is 0-2. Hell, if you go back to late 1980's and 1990, Bill Walsh didn't even think Montana was the best QB on the 49ers. In 2 of his last 3 years at SF Montana had a QB rating in the 80's. No doubt Joe was great but the comparisons with Brady are long since over. Will be interesting to see how history views Montana relative to other greats like Bradshaw, Elway, Manning, etc.

For me it's about the eye test. The greatest Qb I've ever seen was Peyton Manning. Brady is undoubtedly great in his own right. Its all about personal preference imo. What makes the patriots so great is Bill even when Brady missed a season they won double digit games. That sealed it for me.

For me it's about the eye test. The greatest Qb I've ever seen was Peyton Manning. Brady is undoubtedly great in his own right. Its all about personal preference imo. What makes the patriots so great is Bill even when Brady missed a season they won double digit games. That sealed it for me.
I don't know what Roger Ailes could have done after an independent investigation confirmed cheating by the Patriots who had been accused of cheating in the past

While I agree that Brady should be considered best ever, I certainly don't think it's a foregone conclusion. Montana was masterful in his own right and I will argue that he played in a more competitive conference & NFL than Brady has. The AFC east has been atrocious for a long time and the AFC hasn't been loaded w/ multiple great defensive teams like the 80s bears, giants & eagles and even redskins. They're both 1 & 2 in my eyes and after last night, I will put Brady at #1 but it's no slam dunk, imo. Montana brought the chiefs farther than they've been in a long time when he was practically on his football deathbed pushing 40 years old and dealing w/ multiple debilitating injuries. Remember Montana has 5 rings too (one w/ Our Lady). Let's not forget how truly great he was. Can't argue w/ Brady best ever but it's no slam dunk is all I'm saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT