ADVERTISEMENT

Should ND Ever Be Allowed In Playoffs Again?

Only way will be if ND is 12-0 and have beaten their opponents by 40 points and we all know that is not going to happen.

I’m sure you’ll get your coveted national title before you die of old age. Not! At what point do we realize ND will never win it again?

Clown? Really? At least that statement can be backed up with what ND has done in BCS/Playoff/New Year’s Six games. Barring a miracle comeback in the 2nd half that statement is correct. ND has no credibility based on what it has done in these situations.

Clown? Really? At least that statement can be backed up with what ND has done in BCS/Playoff/New Year’s Six games. Barring a miracle comeback in the 2nd half that statement is correct. ND has no credibility based on what it has done in these situations.

Don't be a sore loser we getting kicked in the mouth.

No, we would be better off in the Fiesta bowl. Getting pansed in big games does nothing for the program, it's a flat out embarrassment.

You guys are at each other like a pack of hyenas. I am at peace now with what the future holds for this program. I am OK with my expectations. I can breath easy, enjoy life, and not get all stressed about something that is now a reality. This program can compete with the best of the rest but not with the best of the best. We have to deal with it.

Don't be a sore loser we getting kicked in the mouth.

Not a sore loser. But the OP has a point. ND gets their ass handed to them in every one of these games and really has no credibility and is called a clown for it. It is the truth. Don’t call someone a clown for stating a fact that is now being backed up with even more evidence.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
You guys are at each other like a pack of hyenas. I am at peace now with what the future holds for this program. I am OK with my expectations. I can breath easy, enjoy life, and not get all stressed about something that is now a reality. This program can compete with the best of the rest but not with the best of the best. We have to deal with it.
I thought I was. I really thought that. When People were complaining earlier in the year due to close games, I was the voice of reason. Obviously, I am not in acceptance mode. I am so pissed. Probably more pissed at myself for being fooled again.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Not a sore loser. But the OP has a point. ND gets their ass handed to them in every one of these games and really has no credibility and is called a clown for it. It is the truth. Don’t call someone a clown for stating a fact that is now being backed up with even more evidence.

I'm pissed like the rest of us fans. We weren't ready to play and that's evident from top to bottom.

Dumb, dumb thread. Each season is different. One should and doesn't have anything to with another.
I'm curious now if our guys will consider this season a failure? They might say all the right things, but behind closed doors, the way the season finished against Clemson as the experts joyfully predicted, would they consider this season a failure? I know many of the fans would, but they aren't the ones investing their blood, sweat, and tears into this program.

The answer to OP's question is never until ND joins a conference fully. This game against Clemson should have been the ACC title game.

I think they should go to playoff. After reflection they are third best. Georgia probably deserves a shot but ND took third. Someone has to do it. In any tournament someone that takes third could be outmatches by a lot. There’s quite a large gap between Clemson and Bama and the rest.

Reactions: ruronny
Not true.

“Time” is “a” if not “the” critical factor.

Lawrence had all the time in the world

Book had none
The problem with Book was evident early in the 1st quarter. Every time he sensed pressure he stopped looking down field and looked for a place to run. He never let the plays develop. You're playing the best defensive front in the country. Did you not think there would be pressure ? You have to hang in there and take the hit. He ran on a few occasions way,way before it was necessary. When he did run he never looked down field. He left a lot of plays out there in my opinion. Really shocked at how he looked and performed. The biggest difference in the game to me.

I thought I was. I really thought that. When People were complaining earlier in the year due to close games, I was the voice of reason. Obviously, I am not in acceptance mode. I am so pissed. Probably more pissed at myself for being fooled again.

I couldn’t agree more. I was calming down but like The Godfather classic, Just when I thought I was out ...........They pulled me back in.

The problem with Book was evident early in the 1st quarter. Every time he sensed pressure he stopped looking down field and looked for a place to run. He never let the plays develop. You're playing the best defensive front in the country. Did you not think there would be pressure ? You have to hang in there and take the hit. He ran on a few occasions way,way before it was necessary. When he did run he never looked down field. He left a lot of plays out there in my opinion. Really shocked at how he looked and performed. The biggest difference in the game to me.

Weeks leading up to the game it was hinted that until Book faced that kind of pressure, he was somewhat unknown or unproven.

In order for a play to develop, it needs TIME to develop.

You can’t let a play develop when you’re on your back or out of time.

While Book didn’t have his best game, dropped passes and a no-call PI near the goal line that would have put the ball deep in Clemson’s territory didn’t help.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT