ADVERTISEMENT

Same Story

Disappointment, to me, implies surprise. I don't know why anyone would be surprised at this point. We should have been surprised if they actually showed up and played a close game, as that would be a change from the last 23 years of bowl games against good teams.

Until they prove on the field that they're good enough to hang with good teams in the post season, no one should be surprised at a result like this. It's become normal.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Disappointment, to me, implies surprise. I don't know why anyone would be surprised at this point. We should have been surprised if they actually showed up and played a close game, as that would be a change from the last 23 years of bowl games against good teams.

Until they prove on the field that they're good enough to hang with good teams in the post season, no one should be surprised at a result like this. It's become normal.
The true surprise is how Clemson can even get some of their players academically eligible for the game.

Reactions: chitown sot
If we had the lead at the half...I would be surprised. If we didn't have a huge drop off when the back ups have to play ....I would be surprised. If the ND powers actually cared about winning more than $$….I would be surprised. The result of this game....no surprise.

Reactions: NDIRISH53
Kelly has the worst trait of all time.....he never shows up in big games. His teams continually get stomped on the biggest stages. We will have to suffer through this until he is chooses to leave. Sad realization but it’s true. Does Clemson have better talent? Sure. But the gap between teams is not as big as the games shows. It comes down to coaching. They have a far better coaching staff and this will continue for many years to come.

Reactions: chitown sot
Kelly has the worst trait of all time.....he never shows up in big games. His teams continually get stomped on the biggest stages. We will have to suffer through this until he is chooses to leave. Sad realization but it’s true. Does Clemson have better talent? Sure. But the gap between teams is not as big as the games shows. It comes down to coaching. They have a far better coaching staff and this will continue for many years to come.

He never shows up in the big games cause he doesn’t have the same talent As these football factory schools. ND cares about the cash and that’s it. As long as that flows nothing changes.

He never shows up in the big games cause he doesn’t have the same talent As these football factory schools. ND cares about the cash and that’s it. As long as that flows nothing changes.

I was never a big Kelly fan, but he deserves a ton of credit for a great regular season. One can readily see
That Clemson has superior talent at the Qb and receiver positions, and as far as this game goes, we just
Are overmatched.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Very Disappointed
This performance along with 2012 could hurt a future 12 -0 team without a conference affiliation.
I'm not calling for ND to join as conference but the Herbstreets of the world voice will be louder

We have lost big games because we’re not as talented. Plain and simple. ND will go 12-1 this year feeling the same way.

The talent gap is not that big.

Yeah, it’s “Kelly not showing up” and not the fact that they’re faster, bigger, more talented athletes. We can’t block them at all. There’s someone in the backfield on every other play.

Clemson was a 12.5 point favorite—we were basically given a 17% to 18% chance to win meaning if we played perfectly and they made mistake. Why do you think was the case? It was becuse they are more talented than we are.

Look at each play. You EXPECT Clemson to make a big play, to win the battle at the LOS...it’s just apparent.

Yeah, it’s “Kelly not showing up” and not the fact that they’re faster, bigger, more talented athletes. We can’t block them at all. There’s someone in the backfield on every other play.

Clemson was a 12.5 point favorite—we were basically given a 17% to 18% chance to win meaning if we played perfectly and they made mistake. Why do you think was the case? It was becuse they are more talented than we are.

Look at each play. You EXPECT Clemson to make a big play, to win the battle at the LOS...it’s just apparent.
Talent gap is not 30-3. Just saying.

For us to win we had to play our best game and get some breaks.

We dropped balls, fumbled and missed open receivers.

We also never had a single ball bounce our way. Not the one inside the 10, not the TD that got batted down to the receiver or anything. We get one or two of them and don’t play badly this is a 10 point game.

We need some speed at receivers.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Anybody else want to make fun of Purdue? Nothing was expected out of the Boilers so no surprise other than a beat down of OSU.

Bottom line is Clemson made the adjustments. ND had no anwers, poorly coached game on all fronts.

Stupid ass post. The point is not ND losing but rather getting blown out as usual in a big game. I figured a 28-24 or 27-20 game not this kind of blow out. They are not 30 points better than ND. We played them tough for a quarter, and than they made adjustments, ND didn't. Completely out coached.

Reactions: kev2225
Stupid ass post. The point is not ND losing but rather getting blown out as usual in a big game. I figured a 28-24 or 27-20 game not this kind of blow out. They are not 30 points better than ND. We played them tough for a quarter, and than they made adjustments, ND didn't. Completely out coached.

Being a 12 to 14 point dog means that if you play 10 times, you’re probably going lose by 4 TDs a few times—that’s why you’re a 12-14 point dog (15%—17% chance to win). Being a 14 point under dog doesn’t mean Vegas thinks you’ll lose by 14 every time, but if you played a 100 times, you’d mostly likely have an average loss of 14 points. You get blown out, you might lose a close one, but over a stretch of games, you’re going to lose by an average of 14points.

We were a massive underdog.

Now, it’s bad how we lost, but you saw just a more talented team that became more and more healthy with the time off and had 4 and 5 Stars two deep fresh, coming off of extra practices, young players becoming even better.

I think this last thing is underrated when we play these top teams. They have young 5 star talent that improves over all the extra practices, and can contribute, we have to rely on player to 5 years. There’s not going to be as much of an improvement for older players.

To understand all this, you need to have at least a modicum of intelligence, which is something you don’t have given the content of your posts.

Being a 12 to 14 point dog means that if you play 10 times, you’re probably going lose by 4 TDs a few times—that’s why you’re a 12-14 point dog (15%—17% chance to win). Being a 14 point under dog doesn’t mean Vegas thinks you’ll lose by 14 every time, but if you played a 100 times, you’d mostly likely have an average loss of 14 points. You get blown out, you might lose a close one, but over a stretch of games, you’re going to lose by an average of 14points.

We were a massive underdog.

Now, it’s bad how we lost, but you saw just a more talented team that became more and more healthy with the time off and had 4 and 5 Stars two deep fresh, coming off of extra practices, young players becoming even better.

I think this last thing is underrated when we play these top teams. They have young 5 star talent that improves over all the extra practices, and can contribute, we have to rely on player to 5 years. There’s not going to be as much of an improvement for older players.

To understand all this, you need to have at least a modicum of intelligence, which is something you don’t have given the content of your posts.
So we agree not ready for primetime

I was never a big Kelly fan, but he deserves a ton of credit for a great regular season. One can readily see
That Clemson has superior talent at the Qb and receiver positions, and as far as this game goes, we just
Are overmatched.

Ralph, Todays game proved ND is a level below the echelon. What gets me is the premium board reporters. They either are turning a blind eye to real reporting which is the norm in America. Worse is they know We have inferior product but are afraid to report because it’s the proverbial cash cow

It was a football game, not debate club. You basically stated that they won because their players are dumber than yours. Awesome excuse.
Well. I think true college football fans see and believe these kids should br student-athletes. The fact they aren't students anymore is the reason ND is irrelevant. They can't, won't and shouldn't do what it takes to recruit and compete with the 3-5 teams who dominate college football.

This performance along with 2012 could hurt a future 12 -0 team without a conference affiliation.
I'm not calling for ND to join as conference but the Herbstreets of the world voice will be louder

I stridently agree.

This loss will have far reaching consequences.

In addition, take a look at our schedules through 2037.

Unless they go to 8 teams I don’t see us back in the NC picture.

Our defense played well when Love was in there. But the offense couldn’t get anything going. I was hoping for a more creative game plan. But we just seemed to be running our normal offense, which wasn’t good enough against a defense like that one.

I stridently agree.

This loss will have far reaching consequences.

In addition, take a look at our schedules through 2037.

Unless they go to 8 teams I don’t see us back in the NC picture.
I do. Just not with BK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT