ADVERTISEMENT

Saban and Tua

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Tua looked like he was in really bad shape. Seemed strange to have him playing. Even last week you could tell he was not 100%

Not mobile enough last two weeks to get away.

Seems like a poor decision in hindsight for Saban.

Tua looked like he was in really bad shape. Seemed strange to have him playing. Even last week you could tell he was not 100% Not mobile enough last two weeks to get away. Seems like a poor decision in hindsight for Saban.

Another sad example of how the NCAA is an evil corrupt organization. Tua could have made millions in college. He could of had an insurance policy for a career ending injury. Now he will zero dollars & have a lifetime of medical bills. Pay the fvcking players.

Another sad example of how the NCAA is an evil corrupt organization. Tua could have made millions in college. He could of had an insurance policy for a career ending injury. Now he will zero dollars & have a lifetime of medical bills. Pay the fvcking players.
How do you know he doesn’t have insurance?
Loss of value (LOV) coverage is insurance that protects a student-athlete's future contract value from decreasing below a predetermined amount due to a significant injury or illness suffered during the policy's designated coverage period.

What should every player be paid ?

Lloyd’s of London insures against injuries

Reactions: rgc7
Prior to the game, many questioned the decision to play him.

Tua wanted to play but it shouldn’t have been his decision
This is a team Alabama was going to beat easily no matter who the QB was. Saban is regretting that decision now big time.

Agree, many on the board have coached. You have a responsibility to the parents of the kids you control. I don’t think Saban has the best for Tua in mind. Hope he heals quickly. Seems like a great kid.

Prior to the game, many questioned the decision to play him.

Tua wanted to play but it shouldn’t have been his decision
A kid like Tua would be worth alot. Endorsements local & National at least 7 figures per year. Another 6 figures in personal appearances & signing fees a year. And id say a hesiman contender is worth 7 figures a year. So by my crude calc. 5-6 million over the last 2 years.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Tua looked like he was in really bad shape. Seemed strange to have him playing. Even last week you could tell he was not 100%

Not mobile enough last two weeks to get away.

Seems like a poor decision in hindsight for Saban.
Why was he even playing?

I guarantee he has a big insurance policy.

Hes still going to be a first round pick. Calm down

Reactions: echowaker
I guarantee he has a big insurance policy.

Hes still going to be a first round pick. Calm down

Listening to Mike Francesa in NYC. He had a scout on who said Tua was one of the greatest QB prospects BUT can’t seem to stay healthy. I don’t think he’s a first rounder. I hope he recovers like CJ Mosley but I would be leery taking him as a franchise QB.

Listening to Mike Francesa in NYC. He had a scout on who said Tua was one of the greatest QB prospects BUT can’t seem to stay healthy. I don’t think he’s a first rounder. I hope he recovers like CJ Mosley but I would be leery taking him as a franchise QB.
I never thought he was the best prospect in this draft, I think that scout is losing it. Either way, I still think he ends up being a first rounder

This is an overreaction akin to Brian Kelly yelling at players. Every coach risks serious injury by playing his players. Belichek does it every year.

Reactions: jcswoopnh
Can you imagine if brian kelly did this? 1. The board would explode. 2. The rhetoric on espn would not be kind.

This is just plain dumb. What do you think he's not going to the NFL?

First rd pick. Sit all next year. Jaylon smith was early 2nd. But Tua is a qb

Gotta stay healthy. How many games has he missed prior to yesterday? Jaylon Smith was pretty much injury free before Taylor Dever.

Quarterbacks from Hawaii have an odd tendency of frequently being hurt and missing games.

I remember Bo Jackson had a hip injury against the Bungles in the coliseum back in the early 90's. ended his career. I am hoping Tua doesn't have the same thing happen to him.

Tua would have an insurance policy. Why wouldn't you play him if he was cleared. You would want to get back into it against a easy team and get his wind and shake off the rust. I hate Saban but I can't see where he was wrong here.

He's got a Bo Jackson type injury he's not going to be playing in the NFL
Bo played in MLB after his injury. Science and medicine is more advanced. Hes younger than Bo was. Hes not a running back. He'll be playing in the NFL.

CJ Mosley had same injury. He’s playing on Sundays. Nuts but also from Bama. Same team DR
His was not the same type of dislocation. He was out six weeks. Tua is having surgery, has an additional fracture and is out at least 10-12 months if not longer.

This is an overreaction akin to Brian Kelly yelling at players. Every coach risks serious injury by playing his players. Belichek does it every year.

There’s a difference between risking injury and putting an already injured player on the field, especially when it’s the most important player on the team.

And, when you were going to win the game without him.

Bad decision !

The Tua injury was bad for him and college football but in the long run it might work out for him.
Now he can rest and heal and enter the draft and make big money.

*** Alabama is good enough that they could have Mr. Furley at quarterback and still win.

Most players don't have such coverage due to cost.

Not true, almost all of the top players have it.

Matt Leinert and Reggie Bush were on TV this morning stating that they had injury/loss of value insurance in college.

Agents and/or friends and family members have paid for it.

In addition, NCAA rules allow colleges to pay for these policies under the “student assistance” category.

Bodi,

If the injury is the Bo Jackson injury, recovery will be difficult to impossible.

Tua is not a first rounder at this point. There are legitimate questions whether he will ever take a snap in the NFL.

Such a serious injury, just walking normally would seem to be a ‘every man’s’ goal. But let’s hope he makes a full recovery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT