ADVERTISEMENT

RIP: Hit King #14

Did Pete Rose sleep with your wife or something? MLB players have done a lot worse. Beating their wives and girlfriends, and habitual drug use. Steroid use impacted the game and record books far more than one guy gambling on his team to win.
You raise an interesting point, steroid use.

So who cheated and tainted the integrity of the game more, the steroid users or Pete Rose?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Great player, not the best person. Did you watch the Charlie Hustle documentary on Max? It wasn’t a flattering portrayal of his life.
I agree Pete was an a-hole but a HOF player and it was his guys who won the 1990 World Series.

No I have not seen the documentary on Pete and I heard it was not good for him. I’m a Johnny Bench and Little Joe Morgan fan with Rose #3.

Did Pete Rose sleep with your wife or something? MLB players have done a lot worse. Beating their wives and girlfriends, and habitual drug use. Steroid use impacted the game and record books far more than one guy gambling on his team to win.
Didn’t Ty Cobb kill another man? We know OJ sure as hell did.

Pete Rose is permanently ineligible from baseball for betting on the game. The Hall of Fame is a separate entity from MLB and just a museum. If he didn’t bet on baseball, he would be in the hall of fame today. Nevertheless, he still might get elected to the HOF someday, but I don’t think his lifetime ban from baseball will ever be lifted.
Pete Rose will never be elected to the HOF.

You raise an interesting point, steroid use.

So who cheated and tainted the integrity of the game more, the steroid users or Pete Rose?
Steroids. Bonds fans make the argument that steroids didn't help him make contact with the ball. Of course not, but it helped him hit the ball farther, stay healthy, and recover more quickly.

Bonds is the only mlb player in history to have better numbers at the twilight of his career. Without the BALCO mixture, he most likely doesn't set the single season HR record or the career HR record. Like Pete Rose, Bonds is still a HoF player.

No my wife has great taste! He is a loser and bet on his own team. Don't want the steroid guys in either.

Steroids. Bonds fans make the argument that steroids didn't help him make contact with the ball. Of course not, but it helped him hit the ball farther, stay healthy, and recover more quickly.

Bonds is the only mlb player in history to have better numbers at the twilight of his career. Without the BALCO mixture, he most likely doesn't set the single season HR record or the career HR record. Like Pete Rose, Bonds is still a HoF player.
Barry Bonds is the greatest MLB hitter I have ever watched.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT