ADVERTISEMENT

Riley Leonard Stats

McCallen ND NYC

Rockne's Water Boy
Sep 12, 2018
I’ve been outspoken about benching RL or giving Angeli a chance to play. While RL doesn’t quite pass the look test, I’m trying to remain objective. Below are his rankings compared to other DI quarterbacks this year. I pulled the stats from ESPN today, so they likely don’t include today’s game. I believe the coaches should give Angeli some snaps in the next game.

QBR - #38
PAA - #58
Plays - #35
EPA - #47
Pass - #94
Run - #7
Sack - #63
PEN - #30
RAW - #61

It's not going to happen. They're committed to Leonard. The belief is that RL has the talent to elevate this offense, but they need time to develop. Now whether or not that happens is another story. I do believe RL and the offense is improving though.

RL played great today. Collins, Ford and Price did not. He missed a few, sure. But he is a gamer and probably will spend the night in an ice bath. No issues with him.

It's not going to happen. They're committed to Leonard. The belief is that RL has the talent to elevate this offense, but they need time to develop. Now whether or not that happens is another story. I do believe RL and the offense is improving though.
Agree with your comments, but IMO the coaches are being stubborn. They're missing an opportunity to give another play a shot who could outperform RL

RL played great today. Collins, Ford and Price did not. He missed a few, sure. But he is a gamer and probably will spend the night in an ice bath. No issues with him.
Ford and Price were rightly benched from coaches after fumbling. Riley is a gamer, but he also isn't a good passer. Ranked as #94 speaks for itself.

I’ve been outspoken about benching RL or giving Angeli a chance to play. While RL doesn’t quite pass the look test, I’m trying to remain objective. Below are his rankings compared to other DI quarterbacks this year. I pulled the stats from ESPN today, so they likely don’t include today’s game. I believe the coaches should give Angeli some snaps in the next game.

QBR - #38
PAA - #58
Plays - #35
EPA - #47
Pass - #94
Run - #7
Sack - #63
PEN - #30
RAW - #61
Leanord will take ND to the playoffs.....

Reactions: Golson5

QBR - #38
PAA - #58
Plays - #35
EPA - #47
Pass - #94
Run - #7
Sack - #63
PEN - #30
RAW - #61
Stats or not he sucks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT