ADVERTISEMENT

Ridiculous- Money Money and give me more Money

Meanwhile, Nike CEO Phil Knight doesn’t require a QR code at Oregon.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Well for the longest time, the players, who are actually the ones generating all the billions of dollars that the NCAA rakes in, were not seeing a penny of that money they generated. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch college football.

Well for the longest time, the players, who are actually the ones generating all the billions of dollars that the NCAA rakes in, were not seeing a penny of that money they generated. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch college football.
Yes they were

Elite CFB players, outstanding CFB players, even good players, have been paid for decades.

Meanwhile, Nike CEO Phil Knight doesn’t require a QR code at Oregon.
Met the folks at Oregon late last month to discuss their NIL programs and compliance protocols. They are doing the best job of all the schools I've visited. They have embraced the concept and are really doing their due diligence to ensure their student athletes are above board in all their dealings with the cooperatives. Didn't secure the full blown services contract we had hoped but did get our foot in the door on a limited basis. First time I had been to the area. Really beautiful.

Not much at all. I lived it.
Bull

Whats the price of 4 to 5 years of education, room and board, clothing, gear, stipend, and other extra benefits athletes get

You're looking at over 300k easy at ND. You leave school with a degree and zero debt.

People need to stop acting like these kids were getting nothing. That's just nonsense

Bull

Whats the price of 4 to 5 years of education, room and board, clothing, gear, stipend, and other extra benefits athletes get

You're looking at over 300k easy at ND. You leave school with a degree and zero debt.

People need to stop acting like these kids were getting nothing. That's just nonsense
Compared to the millions that the few greedy money grabbers at the top were just siphoning off, driving around in Rolls Royces but never having ever sniffed a jock in their lives. The Olympics is the same way. Athletes produce the product and see none of the benefit. Pretty terrible. Glad NIL is a thing now.

Compared to the millions that the few greedy money grabbers at the top were just siphoning off, driving around in Rolls Royces but never having ever sniffed a jock in their lives. The Olympics is the same way. Athletes produce the product and see none of the benefit. Pretty terrible. Glad NIL is a thing now.
I would have gladly accepted a 5-year tuition free college education, room. board, and a stipend for our volleyball playing daughter.

Simply point to where we sign up.

Yeah they did see part of the benefit

And there is no law out there that they had to play cfb. That was their choice. No one is forcing them to play

If anyone wanted to start their own league and try to make a business out of it they could have.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I would have gladly accepted a 5-year tuition free college education, room. board, and a stipend for our volleyball playing daughter.

Simply point to where we sign up.
Volleyball doesn't generate as much money off the backs of volleyball players. If anything sports like that probably lose money and football/basketball subsidizes the rest of the sports at a school.

Volleyball doesn't generate as much money off the backs of volleyball players. If anything sports like that probably lose money and football/basketball subsidizes the rest of the sports at a school.
If my child was a boy and worthy of a football scholarship, the same applies.

Where do we sign up for a tuition free education and all expenses paid for 5 years?

If my child was a boy and worthy of a football scholarship, the same applies.

Where do we sign up for a tuition free education and all expenses paid for 5 years?
My point is that college football generates literally billions of dollars every year. That is an amount most people cannot comprehend. There was a time where that was not the case. That is where free college tuition and room/board were a fair trade off. For years there's been a a small group at the top that do literally nothing but have reaped all that reward. The time has come to let the athletes that produce that money get a piece of the pie. If anything, in this NIL era, the players are still not earning close to what they deserve.

My point is that college football generates literally billions of dollars every year. That is an amount most people cannot comprehend. There was a time where that was not the case. That is where free college tuition and room/board were a fair trade off. For years there's been a a small group at the top that do literally nothing but have reaped all that reward. The time has come to let the athletes that produce that money get a piece of the pie. If anything, in this NIL era, the players are still not earning close to what they deserve.
Only consideration missing here, that counters your argument, is that there was also billions and billions of dollars invested by schools prior to the CFB explosion. It’s not as unfair as you think.

The athletes currently getting pieces of the pie, many before they have contributed one hour to any sort of revenue generation, is where I have the issue. As they are now paid employees, reward them more based on performance, not potential.

I have adjusted to the new era, want to see how it looks in a decade

Met the folks at Oregon late last month to discuss their NIL programs and compliance protocols. They are doing the best job of all the schools I've visited. They have embraced the concept and are really doing their due diligence to ensure their student athletes are above board in all their dealings with the cooperatives. Didn't secure the full blown services contract we had hoped but did get our foot in the door on a limited basis. First time I had been to the area. Really beautiful.
Did you ask them about what happened with Dante Moore, did that come up? He finally commits to Oregon, after leading ND on for months, presumably for a big NIL payday, then bolts on NSD for an even greater 11th-hour windfall from UCLA, and then immediately transfers back to Oregon for even more money, after first fleecing UCLA for a bundle. One might think.

So did you ask them about that?

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT