ADVERTISEMENT

resident 'pom pom' girls are starting to 'wet the bed' in night terrors over upstart UT,

Sticking with my prediction of a 17 point hard fought ND win in a crazy loud hostile environment, which is way out of line with the Vegas line on this game, and Vegas is right a hell of a lot more than wrong. Do I have to go out and buy some Pom proms, or can I just enjoy some beer and pizza and cheer like hell for my team to kick some ass, while experiencing more than my share of angst every time Texas does something positive? The later is what I do every game as a diehard FAN of this great university.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Sticking with my prediction of a 17 point hard fought ND win in a crazy loud hostile environment, which is way out of line with the Vegas line on this game, and Vegas is right a hell of a lot more than wrong. Do I have to go out and buy some Pom proms, or can I just enjoy some beer and pizza and cheer like hell for my team to kick some ass, while experiencing more than my share of angst every time Texas does something positive? The later is what I do every game as a diehard FAN of this great university.

Agreed -- live and die it which is why I have no tolerance for our swine buddy

Vegas doesn't predict scores, it motivates betters. Teams with large loyal fan bases end up with small spreads since little motivation is needed. I think your prediction is spot on.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I'll take a 17 point win. However I think if will be much closer then that.

Go Irish!

Reactions: IrishMike409
31-27 Texas!

1. Huge height advantage at WR against your smallish DBs, and speed advantage in the slot.

2. Up-tempo offense and edge speed will have your massive DL, DEs in particular, sucking wind praying for a substitution that won't come.

3. I like our corners (Holton Hill and Davante Davis) against your wideouts.
That's all I've got! Regardless, If we can't stop your rushing attack it's over. The odds say we can't, but I'm hoping one or two of the 5 freshman DL can come in and provide the depth we need and do enough to let our LBs do work. So that's my homer pick.

31-27 Texas!

1. Huge height advantage at WR against your smallish DBs, and speed advantage in the slot.

2. Up-tempo offense and edge speed will have your massive DL, DEs in particular, sucking wind praying for a substitution that won't come.

That's all I've got! Regardless, If we can't stop your rushing attack it's over. The odds say we can't, but I'm hoping one or two of the 5 freshman DL can come in and provide the depth we need and do enough to let our LBs do work. So that's my homer pick.

Do you know what Foreman and Swoopes are weighing in at? Also, when you guys go power, what does the backfield look like? Any guess...? If it's tight a lot can rest on your PK. The Depth chart I saw has Becker in the slot. I don't think he's kicked anything yet.... thoughts on him? Thanks.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016

31-27 Texas!

Happy to split the difference between our respective homer predictions, and walk away with a 10 point ND win. As for reasoning, I think our big DL will clog up the middle and our athletic fast linebackers will nullify your edge speed. I think our running game will eat up time and yardage and put points on the board, and keep your defense on the field, while ours is getting good rest on the sidelines. I like our wideouts potential against your corners, but agree this will make for interesting match ups as we don't know how our guys will perform with such limited experience. You guys have some really good young talent, especially on defense, and I'm anxious to see how our OL handles this. Hate the damn waiting!

Do you know what Foreman and Swoopes are weighing in at? Also, when you guys go power, what does the backfield look like? Any guess...? If it's tight a lot can rest on your PK. The Depth chart I saw has Becker in the slot. I don't think he's kicked anything yet.... thoughts on him? Thanks.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/texas/92016
The RB of the brothers Foreman, D'Onta, is about 240lb right now, even though the depth chart has him at 249. Swoopes is also listed as 249 but is actually at around 240lb.

To be honest I don't know what the backfield will look like in this new offense. With Warren and Foreman in there that's about 490lbs of RB, and they aren't slow.

Our PK is the guy we picked up from LSU, Trent Domingue. We REALLY needed that grad transfer. He's very reliable.

Last edited:
Happy to split the difference between our respective homer predictions, and walk away with a 10 point ND win. As for reasoning, I think our big DL will clog up the middle and our athletic fast linebackers will nullify your edge speed. I think our running game will eat up time and yardage and put points on the board, and keep your defense on the field, while ours is getting good rest on the sidelines. I like our wideouts potential against your corners, but agree this will make for interesting match ups as we don't know how our guys will perform with such limited experience. You guys have some really good young talent, especially on defense, and I'm anxious to see how our OL handles this. Hate the damn waiting!
Yep, hate the damned wait. And we have an extra friggin day!

Obviously the biggest fear of any Longhorn fans who paid attention is a repeat of last years ND OL domination of our DL. I have a little hope. Why? Because your OL has 3 new starters. Yes, they've been in your top notch system for a while, but maybe they'll need a game or two to come together as a unit.

I'll take a 17 point win. However I think if will be much closer then that.

Go Irish!

I think this will be much closer than that too. I just think we have too many new parts on offense to click that effectively in the first game of the season, especially on the road.

The RB of the brothers Foreman, D'Onta, is about 240lb right now, even though the depth chart has him at 249. Swoopes is also listed as 249 but is actually at around 240lb.

To be honest I don't know what the backfield will look like in this new offense. With Warren and Foreman in there that's about 490lbs of RB, and they aren't slow.

Our PK is the guy we picked up from LSU, Trent Domingue. We REALLY needed that grad transfer. He's very reliable.

Thanks much. Those guys are bulls.
Interesting pick up with Domingue...smart get by Strong...
Check out 2014 #'s...that's some typo...
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trent-domingue-1.html

PS I still think the end of the TX oklahoma game was the highlight of last season.

Reactions: Austin Ex
31-27 Texas!

Who is on the short list to replace C. Strong?
I do love your middle linebacker who was a frosh last year. Violent tackler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT