ADVERTISEMENT

Rees is terrible

And don't they usually script the first 10 plays or so to get an idea of what the opposing defense's tendencies are?

Reactions: ndleo
Book could have had 2 bits. Breaks went our way. I think Rees has great potential. Just didn’t see much today to exploit isu. But it was a tough D to plan for. So he did better than his first few series

so you decide overall performance by a few plays, not the entire body of work.

Book was essentially 22-28, 79 % with no INT’s.

What breaks went Book’s way ?

I thought Rees called a good game for a first time play caller. I think he will only get better with more experience.

Can we not pick on people and what they post or rant on this board?

That would be great! Go Irish!

Are you familiar with free fan boards lol?
Yeah I have no problem with posters jumping down my throat about my opinion. It should not get personal though and some clowns always feel the need to feed their demons.

look, I am a seasoned poster who made a rookie mistake by posting 1 - too early and
2 - during the game

lessons everyone should adhere too. Posting during the game is too emotional

I stand by my point that Rees can be a really good coach in some capacity someday but the play calling today - whether his, Kelly’s, or scripted - was nothing special and downright bad for the first few series.
You can agree or disagree.
Try not to show your ignorance though like 409. Sometimes people post and the visual behind their post conjures images of Appalachian toothless

I just don’t understand the blanket criticism of the playcalling all the time. It seems some people think we are going to score on every single drive.

Im watching Clemson-OSU and Clemson just threw a few long passes that were incomplete. To me those look like bad calls. But after a roughing the kicker penalty and suddenly Clemson has its first lead of the night.

Reactions: chaseball
I just don’t understand the blanket criticism of the playcalling all the time. It seems some people think we are going to score on every single drive.

Im watching Clemson-OSU and Clemson just threw a few long passes that were incomplete. To me those look like bad calls. But after a roughing the kicker penalty and suddenly Clemson has its first lead of the night.
I think the people criticizing the play calling have no idea what they are looking at. It's clear the OP knows nothing about the play calling. He like some others are Kelly/ND haters.

Reactions: Pennick4
I think the people criticizing the play calling have no idea what they are looking at. It's clear the OP knows nothing about the play calling. He like some others are Kelly/ND haters.

I’m no great fan of Kelly myself. And there have been games (North Carolina State in the monsoon anyone?) where the playcalling has been lousy, but the instantaneous and continual attacks are perplexing.

Hopefully BK gets a proven offensive coordinator and doesn't promote Tommy Reese.. Winning against Iowa state is one thing but won't be able to move the ball against big boys.

HDK, I was thinking the same thing. You want to see horrendous game planning and play calling, rewatch the ND vs NCST game in a hurricane if you can stomach the torture.

And don't they usually script the first 10 plays or so to get an idea of what the opposing defense's tendencies are?

geez! I read that and thought he was back playing again!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT