ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

He lives in Texas...if he lived in Michigan, Indiana or Georgia and had Texas and ND in top and was wearing Texas gloves maybe that would concern me but not the least considering where he lives

Yeah, I saw it when I opened it.

I’m probably going to get scolded for asking them about it for two reasons:

Roach is an employee for 247, so I shouldn’t put his stuff on a Rivals site.
And we have all been told to quit talking about NaNa. It seems he is a silent verbal already.

Are you a member of 247 and rivals? if so why? also if they told you not to speak about nana i wouldn't

Are you a member of 247 and rivals? if so why? also if they told you not to speak about nana i wouldn't

I am not a member of 247, only Rivals.

They didn’t tell us to not talk about it, just to relax because almost every thread for like a month people freaked out about NaNa.

I actually got Blue & Gold Illustrated as kid back in the early 90’s so have always liked them. Lou was part of them back then too. Now the analyst do a great job explaining things on the ND BGI/Rivals site which I don’t think 247 does a good job of. The board on Rivals is a lot better too. A lot of alumni, former players, families, etc.

can’t wait till beach pops back. Helton has a couple of incrediblely bizarre head scratchers this week.

a lot of insiders right now seem to be favoring PSU for borderline 5 star DE Brandon Smith of VA.it looked like our irish had a very good shot here and were going to be in it until the end but PSU must have blown him away with a campus visit or something else. he is announcing very soon from what i just read

a lot of insiders right now seem to be favoring PSU for borderline 5 star DE Brandon Smith of VA.it looked like our irish had a very good shot here and were going to be in it until the end but PSU must have blown him away with a campus visit or something else. he is announcing very soon from what i just read

ND was the “i am an academic kid” school he had on his list, but PSU was always his number 1. He wasn’t ever going to ND.

In a 20-22 man class, an awesome defensive haul for ND would be...

SDE: Howard Cross
WDE: Nana Osafo-Mensah
WDE: Aeneas Dicosmo / Ty Robinson
DT: Hunter Spears
DT: Jacob Lacey
LB: Nick Henrich
LB: Osita Ekwonu
Rover: Jack Kiser
FS: Kyle Hamilton
SS: Litchfield Ajavon
CB: KJ Wallace
CB: Salim Turner-Muhammad

In a 20-22 man class, an awesome defensive haul for ND would be...

SDE: Howard Cross
WDE: Aeneas Dicosmo / Ty Robinson
DT: Hunter Spears
LB: Nick Henrich
LB: Osita Ekwonu
Rover: Jack Kiser
FS: Kyle Hamilton
CB: Salim Turner-Muhammad

I think we will be very close to that except Salim & DiCosmo are most likely Stanford.
I think there is another DL in the mix now too?
Not sure who but ND backed way off Rodas for a reason. Anderson would be Irish too if he could get in. And ND doesn’t seem to be high on Briggs either? So I’m not sure who the mystery DL is?

Reactions: JOEND2004
I think we will be very close to that except Salim & DiCosmo are most likely Stanford.
I think there is another DL in the mix now too?
Not sure who but ND backed way off Rodas for a reason. Anderson would be Irish too if he could get in. And ND doesn’t seem to be high on Briggs either? So I’m not sure who the mystery DL is?

Regardless, the defensive clads will be really solid, missing the 3-4 pieces it needs to be elite and push the needle at ND... Had it been...

SDE: Joseph Anderson
DT: Mazi Smith
WDE: Colt Ellison
LB: Osita Okwonu
LB: Brandon Smith
Rover: Kyle Williams
FS: Brian Williams
CB: Kenyatta Watson

ND would have moved the needle. That said, I am really happy that this year the "fall back" options are still excellent football players. Guys like Henrich, Kiser and Spears
Can ball.

Which current commits are rated in the top 10 at their respective positions? Do you see any other possible commits that might be in the top ten at their positions.

Which current commits are rated in the top 10 at their respective positions? Do you see any other possible commits that might be in the top ten at their positions
haven't seen the recent updates but KY DTJacob Lacey was a top ten rated DT, Litchfield Ajavon is a top ten or top 15 rated athlete in the athlete category depending on what recruiting service you go by and TX WDE Nana Oaso-Mensah if he verbals next weekend to our irish was or still is a top ten rated or top 15 also at player at his position depending on who you go by. hard to really answer this justified 1 because so many recruiting services are so off from each other when it comes to ranking players

Generally, for purposes of sorting out the differences in the evaluations by the different sites, the composite rating would be the best gauge.

Because of the recent posts in this discussion I did go check and using the composite ranking currently out, at the respective positions Q. Carroll at 18 is the highest ranked commit. NaNa would not be top 20 in the DL group. But if you further break down the DL into the DE or DT positions it might change the location of rankings.

Ontario talked of needing to move the needle yet while reading some posts on the other sites the word elite was thrown out there about the class. Realistically can you have an elite class without a commit ranked in the top 5 at a position?

Generally, for purposes of sorting out the differences in the evaluations by the different sites, the composite rating would be the best gauge.

Because of the recent posts in this discussion I did go check and using the composite ranking currently out, at the respective positions Q. Carroll at 18 is the highest ranked commit. NaNa would not be top 20 in the DL group. But if you further break down the DL into the DE or DT positions it might change the location of rankings.

Ontario talked of needing to move the needle yet while reading some posts on the other sites the word elite was thrown out there about the class. Realistically can you have an elite class without a commit ranked in the top 5 at a position?

I agree with your point. However, that may seem to be a problem to grade us as elite. How about some players that have a low grade that should be higher. We know Coach D's perspective on a couple of these players. That surely has impact

I agree with your point. However, that may seem to be a problem to grade us as elite. How about some players that have a low grade that should be higher. We know Coach D's perspective on a couple of these players. That surely has impact

It is very possible to develop an elite defense with recruits that individually do not grade out as top 5 (whatever elite is). There were glimpses of this in ‘17. Development, self commitment and coaching can elevate a defensive group.

Nana will probably be a composite top 75 player when it's all said and done. 247 bumped him up to #68 player in the class.

Had Elko stayed our defensive haul would've been ridiculous. I dont think its random that 5* safety Brian Williams is at A&M now after early crystal balls were coming in for ND.

Had Elko stayed our defensive haul would've been ridiculous. I dont think its random that 5* safety Brian Williams is at A&M now after early crystal balls were coming in for ND.
I think we'd have a great shot at landing brandon smith too. I really do wish ND would have paid him. No he's not an amazing guy, yes he tried to use ND as leverage, but that's the name of the game. It's a business for these guys and I get it even though every time I hear that guys name I get angry.

Nana will probably be a composite top 75 player when it's all said and done. 247 bumped him up to #68 player in the class.

That & you can’t look at DL as top 10. DE & DT are different positions, & really nowadays SDE & WDE are different positions. It’s like OLB & ILB or CB & Safety.

So when you break it down by position, ND should have many top 10 guys at their position.

With that being said, rankings can be tricky. Briggs is rated top 100 player & top 5 at DT, but nobody is pushing for him. Everybody I’ve talked to has said both Lacey & Spears are better. ND isn’t even recruiting him much (nobody really is) but whoever gets him will have a rankings boost.
Kyle Hamilton is better than Ajavon. But currently Ajavon is ranked much higher.
Kristofic is probably better than Olmstead, but Olmstead is a top 100 guy & Kristofic isn’t even ranked.
Zeke is a top 5 guard by rankings. So if he chooses ND that’s another.
The ‘19 class really is was about two things, OL & DL after ND’s ‘18 class of QB, WRs, TEs, LBs, CBs, & Safties.
So far ND is doing a really good job in both DL & OL. The elephant in the room is RB after the dismissal of two, one leaving early for draft & another in hot water.

He & Elko were very close. He also didn’t want to leave Texas unless it was for Elko. So it was obvious when Elko went to TAMU.

But it’s going to be a really good combined two years. Last year with this year should be a complete Defense.

That & you can’t look at DL as top 10. DE & DT are different positions, & really nowadays SDE & WDE are different positions. It’s like OLB & ILB or CB & Safety.

So when you break it down by position, ND should have many top 10 guys at their position.

With that being said, rankings can be tricky. Briggs is rated top 100 player & top 5 at DT, but nobody is pushing for him. Everybody I’ve talked to has said both Lacey & Spears are better. ND isn’t even recruiting him much (nobody really is) but whoever gets him will have a rankings boost.
Kyle Hamilton is better than Ajavon. But currently Ajavon is ranked much higher.
Kristofic is probably better than Olmstead, but Olmstead is a top 100 guy & Kristofic isn’t even ranked.
Zeke is a top 5 guard by rankings. So if he chooses ND that’s another.
The ‘19 class really is was about two things, OL & DL after ND’s ‘18 class of QB, WRs, TEs, LBs, CBs, & Safties.
So far ND is doing a really good job in both DL & OL. The elephant in the room is RB after the dismissal of two, one leaving early for draft & another in hot water.
If we land Nana is he the best pash rusher we've landed since Aaron Lynch?

What would be your opinion of this kid (no googling his stars...your opinion.)

Have you guys actually reviewed the NaNa videos available, or do you accept message board postings as the basis for statements?

Last edited:

What would be your opinion of this kid (no googling his stars...your opinion.)

Have you guys actually reviewed the NaNa videos available, or do you accept message board postings as the basis for statements?

He looks good on the highlight tape. I follow a little Arizona recruiting and he is one of the their priorities. That said I believe he is a heavy USC lean. My guess he wants to stay out west but not 100% sure because I am not sure if Notre Dame has bothered to offer as of yet

Agree. My point is this is an under the radar kid. His vid compares reasonably well to NaNa and his competition looks better. Both are very good prospects. Attitude, commitment and development will define whether one is better than the other.

He & Elko were very close. He also didn’t want to leave Texas unless it was for Elko. So it was obvious when Elko went to TAMU.

But it’s going to be a really good combined two years. Last year with this year should be a complete Defense.

Does the kid commit to the coach or the school?

Does the kid commit to the coach or the school?
It matters how well he's being guided. People with a kid's best interests in mind will, in 99% of cases, tell him to decide on and commit to the school, not the coach. The coach could be gone tomorrow, the school will still be there.

It matters how well he's being guided. People with a kid's best interests in mind will, in 99% of cases, tell him to decide on and commit to the school, not the coach. The coach could be gone tomorrow, the school will still be there.

Priority?
Football, the coach if it is a best guess that the coach will be there for your years. The coach that will get you to the next plateau.
If your future is not assuredly NFL focused then the school with the best and most secure coaching situation.
Graduate school is where school trumps all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT