ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Dropkickirish

Shakes Down The Thunder
Dec 5, 2016
Could this end up being Kelly's best class yet? along side of a very good top 10 class last year. If ND lands some of the bigger pieces like nana, osita, Brandon Smith, zeke Corell. We gotta get after a runningnack though asap

I dont know why but I think we're going to land Nana. Maybe its him talking about how he doesnt like the cold but can deal with it or that his parents are ready to buy a condo in South Bend if needed. It seems like he's leaning ND but the locals are trying to push him to UT. Correll I have no idea but the 247 Crystal Balls have ND slightly ahead of OSU.

Reactions: Ara64 and Kelso86
Notre Dame has a large following down in the Metroplex from Ft Worth up through Dallas. Texas football fans want to keep the best players at U of Texas. I think we will land Nana too. He has developed ties with the ND recruits and ND needs DE's. I think we will end up with Correll also. ND might even flip Miller when all is said and done.

Reactions: IW 401
Notre Dame has a large following down in the Metroplex from Ft Worth up through Dallas. Texas football fans want to keep the best players at U of Texas. I think we will land Nana too. He has developed ties with the ND recruits and ND needs DE's. I think we will end up with Correll also. ND might even flip Miller when all is said and done.

Nana is an enigma. He was all ND early, then all Texas up until this week, & now the CBs have switched back to ND the last few days. Really a tough call with his OV to Texas coming up.
Correll is getting CBs to ND like crazy, but Urban will get involved soon & make it interesting. He also is visiting Stanford now & that could be a game-changer.
Miller is not flipping to ND. That would be a shocker at this point. ND is recruiting others more heavily because of the low chances with him.

Reactions: Kelso86
If he doesn't like the cold........his "Mama can buy him a jacket, she can't buy him a ND degree" (kory minor's mom)

Reactions: TXNDFan88
The week Carroll committed to ND Crystal Ball gazers had Carrell 75% OSU - ND had 25%. Today it's ND 73% - OSU 27%. Just last week NaNA was at ND 50%/Texas 50%.Today coming off his official visit to Texas ND 80% - Texas 20%. With four in the stable and one place to fill my money's on Coach Quinn going after another Clydesdale horse. I really enjoy seeing ND stick it to that snake in the grass.

lots of CBs coming in for our irish with Nana from several insiders after his Texas OV this weekend including Wiltfong and a Texas insider and plus more CBs coming also for Zeke Correll from Ohio to our irish. both are 4 star recruits rated top ten nationally at DE and OG and getting these two along with what the irish already have could help them bring in a top ten rated recruiting class

lots of CBs coming in for our irish with Nana from several insiders after his Texas OV this weekend including Wiltfong and a Texas insider and plus more CBs coming also for Zeke Correll from Ohio to our irish. both are 4 star recruits rated top ten nationally at DE and OG and getting these two along with what the irish already have could help them bring in a top ten rated recruiting class

Nana is way more than just a 4 Star recruit. He might be the highest guy on ND’s board for must get. WDE has been a weakness in recruiting & ND had him as their guy at WDE.

Class rankings are tricky. For example, Briggs is ranked in the top 100 & ND is slow playing him, even thiugh 100% of picks are for ND. They like other guys better. And so does everybody else because for a top 100 guy nobody is beating his door down. If ND takes Rodas instead (top 250) they won’t have as high as a class ranking as if they took Briggs, but Rodas is better.

If you go to the class calculator & add Zeke, NaNa & Kyren To ND (ND clear leader with all three) that would put ND at #2. And most of the top 5 have 11 or 12 recruits like ND would.

Up to 80% ND for Nana. All after his official to Texas. If we land him he is probably the best pass rusher since Aaron lynch on paper.

Up to 80% ND for Nana. All after his official to Texas. If we land him he is probably the best pass rusher since Aaron lynch on paper.

As I said in the weed thread, it seems he might have already gave a silent to ND before his Texas OV. Nobody will confirm anything, but the Texas insiders are picking ND.

D. Hayes was a 5 Star at the same position (OLB in HS, WDE at ND). They both play the drop, so NaNa won’t akways be pass rushing. (Like D. Hayes)

Can someone explain what a Crystal Ball is and how it works? Is it simply just expert making their final predication?

Can someone explain what a Crystal Ball is and how it works? Is it simply just expert making their final predication?

On another site they make predictions. It’s “experts” from all over the country, consisting of local, regional & national recruiting analysts.
Two ways to look at them:

1) These are the people with inside info, so if all agree it’s usually correct.

2) They get bonus points for early picks that turn out correct. So a lot of times they make an early pick & leave it until the very end no matter what.

When a bunch of Texas people are choosing ND, that’s a good thing.

Reactions: nemeth#5
On another site they make predictions. It’s “experts” from all over the country, consisting of local, regional & national recruiting analysts.
Two ways to look at them:

1) These are the people with inside info, so if all agree it’s usually correct.

2) They get bonus points for early picks that turn out correct. So a lot of times they make an early pick & leave it until the very end no matter what.

When a bunch of Texas people are choosing ND, that’s a good thing.
Got it.... I am glad they get rewarded for being correct early.... weathermen should be held to the same standard.... Those dudes have the best job ever.

Sometimes there are shockers, like Boykin on NSD.

He had 0% picks for ND. Nobody in his inner circle knew he was picking ND, not even himself.

He changed his mind from Florida to ND while walking up to the podium to announce.

When I went to school in Ft Worth Texas it surprised me how many ND fans lived in the Metroplex. Many sensable Texans would rather see the boys chose ND over the other schools in Texas or Oklahoma. The Longhorns want to be undisputed top steer in the State of Texas.

Nana just won MVP at a camp recently and dominated in doing so from what i read

Nana just won MVP at a camp recently and dominated in doing so from what i read

If you combine classes (which is how you have to recruit) last year’s & this year’s defensive classes are very nice together.

As I said in the weed thread, it seems he might have already gave a silent to ND before his Texas OV. Nobody will confirm anything, but the Texas insiders are picking ND.

D. Hayes was a 5 Star at the same position (OLB in HS, WDE at ND). They both play the drop, so NaNa won’t akways be pass rushing. (Like D. Hayes)
Nana is a better football player than D Hayes was in high school and it isn't even close. Hayes was basically a projection based off camps and athleticism. Nana shows better pass rush by far. Khalid Kareem also was an awesome pass rusher in high school

NaNa just got invited to All American Game.
He was already invited to Under Armour All Star game.

Kid is an elite recruit...

NaNa just got invited to All American Game.
He was already invited to Under Armour All Star game.

Kid is an elite recruit...

If he wasn't going to commit to ND so soon, and stayed uncommitted until NSD, he would be a 5 star. He dominated at one of the camps down in Texas I believe it was the opening. Won every rep easy. Just needs to eat a couple Big Macs and he should get 20 snaps a game as a frosh.

When I went to school in Ft Worth Texas it surprised me how many ND fans lived in the Metroplex. Many sensable Texans would rather see the boys chose ND over the other schools in Texas or Oklahoma. The Longhorns want to be undisputed top steer in the State of Texas.

That sounds preferable to facing him at Oklahoma.

If he wasn't going to commit to ND so soon, and stayed uncommitted until NSD, he would be a 5 star. He dominated at one of the camps down in Texas I believe it was the opening. Won every rep easy. Just needs to eat a couple Big Macs and he should get 20 snaps a game as a frosh.

I’m curious to see how high he climbs his Senior year? He is a lot more versatile than other WDE’s ranked above him. He’s technically an OLB per recruiting services, but ND will play him at the drop. So his stats will be different from other WDE’s in his class.

Think about a D up the middle of Ademilola, Lacey, Spears, NaNa on the DL, Bauer, Lamb, & Simon (rover) at LB, & the back of Griffin & Allen at Safety. And whoever wins the two CB position battles.
I didn’t even mention a bunch of other good players who will be in the two deep.

Reactions: JOEND2004
Writer I know here in Texas has seen him in person multiple times and says he is probably the best DE in the state

He easily is. He is a composite 95 (which many feel is still too low & will go up since he is killing it at camps) & the next WDE in Texas is a 91 composite.

He just won the MVP at the camp in Texas, which was loaded with talent.
He is the game-changer at DE ND has been looking for.
If he chooses ND it will be huge.

was braden lenze brother offered ? if not will he?

I assume they will.
He had been to ND multiple times & loves it.
Maybe ND doesn’t want to steal Braden’s thunder yet, so holding off.
I think Oregon is going to get him though.
It’s one of those situations kind of like Eli playing at Ole Miss after Peyton didn’t. I think he wants to be the hometown hero & Otegon has made him their #1 target in 2020.

Apparently Nana was wearing UT gloves today at his high schools spring practice and putting up hook em signs....

Where did you see that?
My son texted to me. It was on Twitter. A guy named mike Roach. Definitely Texas gloves and definitely putting up a hookem sign. The date on the screen shot is 5/12. I don't know how to upload pictures on here

My son texted to me. It was on Twitter. A guy named mike Roach. Definitely Texas gloves and definitely putting up a hookem sign. The date on the screen shot is 5/12. I don't know how to upload pictures on here

I believe you.

Just wasn’t sure the context of it.

Mike Roach is the Texas recruiting reporter for 247.
He is always around NaNa & kid’s in Texas.
I don’t know when the pics on Roach’s twitter account were taken, but those gloves are old & used so I would guess he has worn them for a long time.
I didn’t see the hook’em sign in any of the pics?
If he made it at Roach that would make sense since Roach works on a Texas site.
The quote about being 50-50 was from two weeks ago when Roach interviewed him.
I believe both Roach & his colleague EJ Holland have their picks in for ND.

Mike Roach is the Texas recruiting reporter for 247.
He is always around NaNa & kid’s in Texas.
I don’t know when the pics on Roach’s twitter account were taken, but those gloves are old & used so I would guess he has worn them for a long time.
I didn’t see the hook’em sign in any of the pics?
If he made it at Roach that would make sense since Roach works on a Texas site.
The quote about being 50-50 was from two weeks ago when Roach interviewed him.
I believe both Roach & his colleague EJ Holland have their picks in for ND.
Yes he's with a group of his teammates and he's making a hookem in the pic. I'd wear those gloves to practice too if I was in high school. They look pretty sweet

Yes he's with a group of his teammates and he's making a hookem in the pic. I'd wear those gloves to practice too if I was in high school. They look pretty sweet

Yeah, I saw it when I opened it.

I’m probably going to get scolded for asking them about it for two reasons:

Roach is an employee for 247, so I shouldn’t put his stuff on a Rivals site.
And we have all been told to quit talking about NaNa. It seems he is a silent verbal already.

Yeah, I saw it when I opened it.

I’m probably going to get scolded for asking them about it for two reasons:

Roach is an employee for 247, so I shouldn’t put his stuff on a Rivals site.
And we have all been told to quit talking about NaNa. It seems he is a silent verbal already.
If he is just trying to troll UT fans then he did a better job that bubba and pike

ADVERTISEMENT