ADVERTISEMENT

Raiders - Brock Bower

Nah, this is an awesome tandem. Many NFL teams play a lot of two TE sets.

Mayer will line up inside and Bowers will play outside. I think it’s going to be great for the Raiders if they can find a solid trigger man.

What are the Raiders doing? I realize they wanted a QB and they are all gone but another TE?

They probably went with the best player available. But Bowers is a different type of TE. He's more of a TE/WR hybrid. Mayer's more of a traditional TE. So they can use both of them.

The biggest being Atlanta drafting Penix
Great pick by Atlanta.

Kirk Cousins is 36-years-old next season and coming off a major achilles tendon surgery. Insurance at QB is never a bad thing, and getting a guy like Michael Penix on a rookie salary was smart.., IMO.

Reactions: Telx1
They probably went with the best player available. But Bowers is a different type of TE. He's more of a TE/WR hybrid. Mayer's more of a traditional TE. So they can use both of them.
I think this is totally accurate. The new Raider GM generally believes in taking the best player available over drafting for need. Bowers was by most accounts, the best player available. They would have taken Penix if he had not been taken by Atlanta. I think Mayer and Bower are going to create a lot of problems for defenses, along with the Raiders wideouts, but whether they have a Qb to take advantage is the huge question hanging over them.

Since a game changing QB was not available when their turn came, this made total sense. They have need at OT and corner, and at 44 and 77, they will address these. Still hoping they get Estime in round 4.

Great pick by Atlanta.

Kirk Cousins is 36-years-old next season and coming off a major achilles tendon surgery. Insurance at QB is never a bad thing, and getting a guy like Michael Penix on a rookie salary was smart.., IMO.
On the other hand, they have a limited window with Cousins, but instead of getting him receiver help, they drafted his future replacement. So they don't seem to be trying very hard to win in 2024.

I think this is totally accurate. The new Raider GM generally believes in taking the best player available over drafting for need. Bowers was by most accounts, the best player available. They would have taken Penix if he had not been taken by Atlanta. I think Mayer and Bower are going to create a lot of problems for defenses, along with the Raiders wideouts, but whether they have a Qb to take advantage is the huge question hanging over them.

Since a game changing QB was not available when their turn came, this made total sense. They have need at OT and corner, and at 44 and 77, they will address these. Still hoping they get Estime in round 4.
Not a Raiders fan myself, but they definitely need a QB to get all these TEs the ball.

On the other hand, they have a limited window with Cousins, but instead of getting him receiver help, they drafted his future replacement. So they don't seem to be trying very hard to win in 2024.
The Atlanta WR room is not empty, Drake London and Rondale Moore can play, not to mention TE Kyle Pitts, and you can find WR help today.

Value over need. For the 1st time in forever the Raiders 1st round pick is someone who can help the team. Once they couldn't trade up for the qb they wanted (or Pierce wanted) Telesco went with best available player as stated above. Now in round 2 they get their olineman, then round 3 I hope they take the 6'3" corner out of ND.

The Atlanta WR room is not empty, Drake London and Rondale Moore can play, not to mention TE Kyle Pitts, and you can find WR help today.
What about their offensive line, then? There must be some areas they could improve from last year's team that averaged only 18.9 ppg (26th in the league).

Great pick by Atlanta.

There was a reason that the Vikings let him go.

Reactions: NDinNJ
The Vikings aren’t losing lately cuz of cousins, they have a top ten offense. Their defense lets them down in the biggest moments a la buffalo.

The Vikings aren’t losing lately cuz of cousins, they have a top ten offense. Their defense lets them down in the biggest moments a la buffalo.
Cousins was having a very good season last year, until he got hurt about halfway through the year.

Reactions: francade
They signed Darnell Mooney too. Mooney had 80 catches a year ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT