ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Carroll 2018’s Best

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
Is this our best recruit? I don’t follow recruiting. Just a quick look. How do we stack up to the future of college football elites?

Kyle Hamilton is right now and will likely be more solidly ahead of him when the final rankings come out in Feb.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
It's really hard to project long term, but I have Carroll as my 5th ranked recruit in the class...

I have it...

1. Kyle Hamilton
2. Andrew Kristofic
3. Nana Osafo-Mensah
4. Isaiah Rutherford
5. Quinn Carroll

It's really hard to project long term, but I have Carroll as my 5th ranked recruit in the class...

I have it...

1. Kyle Hamilton
2. Andrew Kristofic
3. Nana Osafo-Mensah
4. Isaiah Rutherford
5. Quinn Carroll

How do we stack up to future elite teams? Can our kids beat Michigan’s and USC’s kids 4 years from now?

How do we stack up to future elite teams? Can our kids beat Michigan’s and USC’s kids 4 years from now?

Can we beat Michigan and USC? Definitely. They're not recruiting any better than ND is. Actually, a long the lines, ND is far our recruiting USC right now... They'll need their new OC to put up a shit ton of points for them and they badly need to take back California recruiting from Washington and Oregon.

How does ND stack uo against Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson and Texas A&M at the top of their class... No bueno... But in terms of depth, 1 through 21, ND's class is as good as anyone's not named Georgia or Alabama. We just lack the freaks at the top (Kyle Hamilton aside).

Next year's class will likely be a notch better than this year. Significantly better? No... But it will flirt with the top 10.

Guys I think ND lands....

QB: Drew Pyne
WR: Daniel Jackson
TE: Kevin Bauman
TE: Michael Mayer
OL: Kevin Pyne
OL: Andrew Gentry
DT: Aidan Keeanaaina
DT: Rylie Mills
DE: Jalen Logan-Redding
LB: Cody Simon

That's a pretty par for the course group. It's who among the other 12-13 recruits that ND lands that will define the class. Can they pull a Chris Tyree at RB? Can they snag Jordan Johnson, Porter Rooks, Jalen McMillan or AJ Henning at WR? Can Mike Elston load up at DE and get Braiden McGreggor and steal a Tyler Baron or Darrion Henry? Can Quinn pull a top tier left tackle like Bryn Tucker, Tosh Baker, Paris Johnson or Jake Wray? Who emerges as a top corner candidate? Does ND snag Enzo Jennings away from Michigan at Rover... Lots of unknowns as you'd expect 12 months away from next signing day.

Thanks for the info! Good to know we’re doing well enough to stay competitive. The one thing this group of coaches does well is get our guys to reach their potential. Hopefully that continues.

Thanks for the info! Good to know we’re doing well enough to stay competitive. The one thing this group of coaches does well is get our guys to reach their potential. Hopefully that continues.

Class is pretty excellent. If they land Foskey and Turner in Feb, they will have 17 composite 4 star players in this class... That's going to produce a lot of "hits", especially when Matt Balis gets his hands on them.

They're missing a couple game changers, but the depth of the class, especially combined with last year's group, is top 10 nationally.

Class is pretty excellent. If they land Foskey and Turner in Feb, they will have 17 composite 4 star players in this class... That's going to produce a lot of "hits", especially when Matt Balis gets his hands on them.

They're missing a couple game changers, but the depth of the class, especially combined with last year's group, is top 10 nationally.
If they land turner and foskey I would say excellent, as of now I think it lacks way too much at the skill positions to be considered that. A great defensive haul with turner and foskey included makes up for that.

From what I've heard Notre Dame completely out recruited USC this year particularly on both lines. Michigan brought a few top end guys but they didn't bring in near the depth Notre Dame is going to have. This is a really solid class that will fill major needs in the future. It'll end up at around 10 when they add Foskey and possibly Turner to the mix in the late signing period.

If they land turner and foskey I would say excellent, as of now I think it lacks way too much at the skill positions to be considered that. A great defensive haul with turner and foskey included makes up for that.

Offensive skill recruiting was definitely down this year, thankfully they brought in a lot of WR and TE skill last year and they're in on some really good talent next year. OL haul is really good.

The important thing is the defense. This team is built on defense. I think they did really well on that side of the ball for the 2nd straight year, at all three levels. Clark Lea will have a lot of to work with a few years from now, especially if he lands Foskey and Turner... Outside of the obvious teams that we always talk about, not many programs over the past 2 years have brought in the type of length and defensive skill that Notre Dame has...

SDE: Justin Ademilola
SDE: Nana Osafa-Mensah
SDE: Howard Cross

DT: Jayson Ademilola
DT: Hunter Spears

NG: Jamion Franklin
NG: Hunter Spears

WDE: Ovie Oghoufo
WDE: Isaiah Foskey

BUCK: Jack Lamb
BUCK: Shayne Simon
BUCK: Jack Kiser

MIKE: Bo Bauer
MIKE: Osita Ekwonu
MIKE: JD Bertrand

ROVER: Derrik Allen
ROVER: Marist Liufau
ROVER: Asa Turner

CB: Noah Boykin
CB: DJ Brown
CB: KJ Wallace
CB: Isaiah Rutherford

S: Houston Griffith
S: Paul Moala
S: Kyle Hamilton
S: Litchfield Ajavon

That's an extremely deep and talented defensive group if they can close out Foskey and Turner.

Kevin Austin and Lenzy were big time gets and we really need them to live up to their rankings. Outside that though we are completely reliant on Micah, Keys, C'Bo, Jahmir Smith etc. developing and outplaying their rankings.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Can we beat Michigan and USC? Definitely. They're not recruiting any better than ND is. Actually, a long the lines, ND is far our recruiting USC right now... They'll need their new OC to put up a shit ton of points for them and they badly need to take back California recruiting from Washington and Oregon.

How does ND stack uo against Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Clemson and Texas A&M at the top of their class... No bueno... But in terms of depth, 1 through 21, ND's class is as good as anyone's not named Georgia or Alabama. We just lack the freaks at the top (Kyle Hamilton aside).

Next year's class will likely be a notch better than this year. Significantly better? No... But it will flirt with the top 10.

Guys I think ND lands....

QB: Drew Pyne
WR: Daniel Jackson
TE: Kevin Bauman
TE: Michael Mayer
OL: Kevin Pyne
OL: Andrew Gentry
DT: Aidan Keeanaaina
DT: Rylie Mills
DE: Jalen Logan-Redding
LB: Cody Simon

That's a pretty par for the course group. It's who among the other 12-13 recruits that ND lands that will define the class. Can they pull a Chris Tyree at RB? Can they snag Jordan Johnson, Porter Rooks, Jalen McMillan or AJ Henning at WR? Can Mike Elston load up at DE and get Braiden McGreggor and steal a Tyler Baron or Darrion Henry? Can Quinn pull a top tier left tackle like Bryn Tucker, Tosh Baker, Paris Johnson or Jake Wray? Who emerges as a top corner candidate? Does ND snag Enzo Jennings away from Michigan at Rover... Lots of unknowns as you'd expect 12 months away from next signing day.

I think the Clemson game is going to put ND in a position to snag a couple next year. That is if we show up and ball out. Any idea if we take a bigger class next year. Star wise this years avg is better than any the last several years. Our only really over the top class didn't pan out from 2013.

I think the Clemson game is going to put ND in a position to snag a couple next year. That is if we show up and ball out. Any idea if we take a bigger class next year. Star wise this years avg is better than any the last several years. Our only really over the top class didn't pan out from 2013.
But imagine that class with Elko/Lea, Long, and Balis. They suffered from BVG and an insulting S&C program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT