ADVERTISEMENT

QB Jurkovec---ND's Mahomes?

BGI User 348

I've posted how many times?
Aug 29, 2003
Pennsylvania
I love how Book & Wimbush have won this year and yes believe they can win the NC with a great team effort. BUT after watching the MNF classic I am of the opinion that Phil is the QB that can electrify the ND offense in years to come. This assumes that the QB I saw in high school is not close to his potential. I hope he is THAT guy!

I love how Book & Wimbush have won this year and yes believe they can win the NC with a great team effort. BUT after watching the MNF classic I am of the opinion that Phil is the QB that can electrify the ND offense in years to come. This assumes that the QB I saw in high school is not close to his potential. I hope he is THAT guy!
Book is the starter until he leaves, he's been terrific.

I only watched a few of Mahomes' games when he was at TT, so the sample size is small, but no way did I see him coming in to the NFL and playing like he has. He has an arm that only comes along once every generation or so. While I love what Phil might bring to the program, I don't think he has the laser gun that Mahomes has.

You watched the NFL MNF game and formed an opinion that ND's 3rd string QB is the way of the future? Seems like a stretch, but I hope Phil lives up to the hype as well.

I would restate and say: I watched the NFL MNF game and concluded that college teams with those dynamic QB-led offenses will be the future.....and that based on the QB I saw play in high school here in PA that Jurkovec CAN be that QB for ND. IMO he WAS a dynamic dual-threat QB and hopefully is getting better! If I am correct he will play with Book next year.

BEAT socal!!!

Reactions: nemeth#5 and rgc7
I would restate and say: I watched the NFL MNF game and concluded that college teams with those dynamic QB-led offenses will be the future.....and that based on the QB I saw play in high school here in PA that Jurkovec CAN be that QB for ND. IMO he WAS a dynamic dual-threat QB and hopefully is getting better! If I am correct he will play with Book next year.

BEAT socal!!!
Book leads the country in completion percentage and he's been great at moving the offense since becoming starter. It's his job until he leaves.

Have you not been watching the past 8 weeks? There's a player "electrifying" the ND offense at QB right now.

Phil is incredibly talented but...

According to this board the back-up QB at ND is always better than Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw and Patrick Mahomes combined.

The NFL is a razors edge. These teams practice and film so much that the smallest advantage becomes gigantic and the smallest flaw utterly and brutally exploited. A lot of what is going on is the system. Two years ago it was Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Last year it was Wentz and the Eagles. Yet the Eagles won the SB with a backup QB. I'm not going to say Mahomes is fake, but he did allow 3 defensive TD's, all terrible decisions.

A great QB finds a way to win even if they face adversity. In this case the adversity is not having a full complement of weapons. The true measure of a Mahomes, Goff, or Wentz is how well they do when some of the contracts of those great skill players expire and are replaced by more pedestrian talent. We know who the great QB's are because they continue to adjust and thrive even when the team around them is struggling in offensive talent. So lets wait a couple years and see what Mahomes does when KC has to unload a bunch of talent because Mahomes is asking for 25M, along with Hunt and a bunch of other players who participated in the success.

Ditto with the Rams. No way you can retain that assembly of talent for very long. Than we will see how good Goff really is.

BEAT socal!!!
I highly doubt Book and Phil share the QB duties next year

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Phil might have been the top QB in the nation last year if you watched his senior year highlights and saw his senior stats and so it'll be interesting to see if Kelly and staff give him a chance in the spring

Phil might have been the top QB in the nation last year if you watched his senior year highlights and saw his senior stats and so it'll be interesting to see if Kelly and staff give him a chance in the spring
Why? We've already seen what Book can do and he's been amazing. Zero reason for his job to be in jeopardy.

Reactions: McCallen ND NYC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT