ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers

rgc7

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 23, 2012
This Pasr Saturday, I fell down and fractured my hip. It was very painful and I was rushed into emergency surgery. The doctor put three pins in the hip to
reallign the bones, and I am now back home. I can bear the pain, but the worst thing is that I am just about helpless. I have to keep the leg completely
out of contact with the ground whileI try to skip very short distances on a walker.. unfortunately, my wife has terrible knee pain, and I was the one who
was taking care of her.
If any of you go past the Grotto , ask the Lady on the Dome to think of me and bring about a speedy recovery, or if you are not on campus, all prayers will be appreciated !

This Pasr Saturday, I fell down and fractured my hip. It was very painful and I was rushed into emergency surgery. The doctor put three pins in the hip to
reallign the bones, and I am now back home. I can bear the pain, but the worst thing is that I am just about helpless. I have to keep the leg completely
out of contact with the ground whileI try to skip very short distances on a walker.. unfortunately, my wife has terrible knee pain, and I was the one who
was taking care of her.
If any of you go past the Grotto , ask the Lady on the Dome to think of me and bring about a speedy recovery, or if you are not on campus, all prayers will be appreciated !
Thanks Echo !

I've been in a similar situation a few times. The feeling helpless part was absolutely the worst. Having to ask for help was almost as hard. I tried to focus on completing tasks, no matter how small or trivial. Don't fall into the trap of doing too much too soon. Also try to stay ahead of the pain by taking medication as prescribed.
Keep our spirits up as you will heel and you will again be able to help your wife again soon! Prayers coming your way!

I've been in a similar situation a few times. The feeling helpless part was absolutely the worst. Having to ask for help was almost as hard. I tried to focus on completing tasks, no matter how small or trivial. Don't fall into the trap of doing too much too soon. Also try to stay ahead of the pain by taking medication as prescribed.
Keep our spirits up as you will heel and you will again be able to help your wife again soon! Prayers coming your way!
Thanks JCS, vert good advice, and your prayers and thoughts greatly appreciated !

was taking care of her.

rgc7, I've been telling you for years that you've got to stop scrimmaging with the local HS football team. Leave that to the kids. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery (but won't pray because...well, you know me!). By the way, the next novel will be out by the end of the year. I hope you'll read it.

Prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery. You will probably need to get physical therapy. Follow your health care provider directions and you will do well.

P
rgc7, I've been telling you for years that you've got to stop scrimmaging with the local HS football team. Leave that to the kids. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery (but won't pray because...well, you know me!). By the way, the next novel will be out by the end of the year. I hope you'll read it.
Duck, good hearing from you, I will most defin
Duck, Good hearing from you, and I will definitely read your next book. I hope that it is an uplifting novel ? Thanks for the good wishes, and I will definitely give up the Football scrimmages. I’m not as young as I used to be !

Prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery. You will probably need to get physical therapy. Follow your health care provider directions and you will do well.
Thanks Shabak for your prayers and best wishes, I had my first PT and it was very very minimal. Always good to know that people from the ND family will pray for me to the Lady on the Dome ! Our Blessed Mother has always be there for me, but a few extra prayers con only speed things along !

Rgc7... I’ll add you to my morning prayers here in Henderson as I look out over the valley at sunrise. Incredibly peaceful and spiritual. Please be careful maneuvering around on one leg with your Walker. I know your one tough marine to have fought and survived the battle at Chosin, and I know you will be on the mend very shortly. Thinking of you and you wife as well.

Rgc7... I’ll add you to my morning prayers here in Henderson as I look out over the valley at sunrise. Incredibly peaceful and spiritual. Please be careful maneuvering around on one leg with your Walker. I know your one tough marine to have fought and survived the battle at Chosin, and I know you will be on the mend very shortly. Thinking of you and you wife as well.
Thanks,Telx, my friend,
Henderson, seems like you made a great choice in your move ! I really appreciate you prayers and thoughts. You are right about my Marine Training. Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself and down, I think about the time that I was sent back from the
front lines in Korea to a “ Mash “ hospital.for minor injuries
. A few Cots away from mine was a fellow Marine who had been hit by Napalm. His whole body
was completely burned. He moaned the whole night in unimaginable agony. In the morning , he went to God.
So whenever I start feeling sorry for my self , I think of that fellow marine, and count my blessings.
right now my biggest problem is that My Wife is suffering from terrible knee pain, and I was taking care of her. Now she has to hobble around in pain to take care of me,
Take care my friend, keep in touch, and I really appreciate those morning prayers from Henderson !

Reactions: jcswoopnh
was taking care of her.
RG

U hang in bro. That is gonna frustrate u it’s a tough one. U can handle it. Some prayers comin your way

Thanks,Telx, my friend,
Henderson, seems like you made a great choice in your move ! I really appreciate you prayers and thoughts. You are right about my Marine Training. Whenever I start feeling sorry for myself and down, I think about the time that I was sent back from the
front lines in Korea to a “ Mash “ hospital.for minor injuries
. A few Cots away from mine was a fellow Marine who had been hit by Napalm. His whole body
was completely burned. He moaned the whole night in unimaginable agony. In the morning , he went to God.
So whenever I start feeling sorry for my self , I think of that fellow marine, and count my blessings.
right now my biggest problem is that My Wife is suffering from terrible knee pain, and I was taking care of her. Now she has to hobble around in pain to take care of me,
Take care my friend, keep in touch, and I really appreciate those morning prayers from Henderson !
Rgc7 my friend as well! Do you need help managing for the short term? We have out of State company through Sunday, but I can juggle a few appointments and get down your way and help out. My wife has two appointments, and one can’t be rescheduled, but we can explore a timeframe where we could come down and help you and your wife for a few days If that would help.

was taking care of her.
You tough old leatherneck, I will keep you in my prayers. Semper Fi brother.

was taking care of her.
Thinking about you buddy, and take care. Will definitely keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery!

Rgc7 my friend as well! Do you need help managing for the short term? We have out of State company through Sunday, but I can juggle a few appointments and get down your way and help out. My wife has two appointments, and one can’t be rescheduled, but we can explore a timeframe where we could come down and help you and your wife for a few days If that would help.
Telx1,
Thank you so much for the most generous and kind offer. Right now we are managing, but I am going to take you up on your offer at a later date, We are managing ok for now, but once we are up and around.
It would be just wonderful to have you and your wife visit with us, we were disappointed that we never met up with you
the last time you were in our area. So remember, I am going to hold you to your offer !
Thank you , my friend !

Reactions: Telx1
Thinking about you buddy, and take care. Will definitely keep you in my prayers for a quick recovery!
NDE , thank you Buddy. So very nice of you to think of me, and your prayers are greatly appreciated.

was taking care of her.
My family and I are praying for you and your wife. Soon you two will be walking the aisle at the house that Rockne built.

My family and I are praying for you and your wife. Soon you two will be walking the aisle at the house that Rockne built.
Thanks Zurich, from your thoughts to God’s ears !thank your family for their prayers as well !

Thanks Zurich, from your thoughts to God’s ears !thank your family for their prayers as well !
Thanks you all for all the kindness , friendships, good wishes and prayers to OurLady on the Dome. Your concern for me has really
been inspirational to me, and you Prays must be working because I am feeling much improved. it is just such a blessing to know
that I have such caring friends in the Notre Dame family !

was taking care of her.
rgc7, so sorry to hear about your fall. You will be in my prayers. God Bless!

was taking care of her.
Semper Fi sir !! You are a GREAT American hero and my favorite poster on this site ! Listen to the Doctors and rest !! You will get better ! Just be patient ! God bless you and your wife !

was taking care of her.
Sorry for your fall. I've read all the comments and there is good advice and tips for you to follow. I had right hip surgery several years ago and I followed my doctor's directions. It went well. Be prayerfully patient. Will be praying for you and your wife daily. God Bless You. Go, IRISH !!!!

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT