ADVERTISEMENT

Post Navy assessment

ignatiusjk

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 5, 2004
I just finished watching the Navy game and several things are clear to me. Kiser is not a good passer,our O line is just not there,and as usual special teams are a joke. I also think we just don't have the talent needed to be competitive. Our coaching staff is a bit of a joke as well. We have some serious problems to overcome on this team and if Kelly is not fired by years end he will be by the end of next year. We are simply not competitive and I don't see that changing. With Holtz we were at least a decent team but you could see we were heading in the right direction I don't see that with Kelly.

I have seen just about every QB in history look bad at times.
Where the heck is the QB's best friend, TE? at TE U?

You keep defenses honest with a TE. Every pass cannot go deep, flare out to to a back, there has to be a supporting run attack and a TE for a complete offense. ND is not a complete offense.
The OL is just not physical nor fundamentally drilled on a power run attack; dispite the potential to be such.
Culprits: Kelly, Longo, HH. Not some kid that needs a freakin coach! and cannot find one!

I have seen just about every QB in history look bad at times.
Where the heck is the QB's best friend, TE? at TE U?

You keep defenses honest with a TE. Every pass cannot go deep, flare out to to a back, there has to be a supporting run attack and a TE for a complete offense. ND is not a complete offense.
The OL is just not physical nor fundamentally drilled on a power run attack; dispite the potential to be such.
Culprits: Kelly, Longo, HH. Not some kid that needs a freakin coach! and cannot find one!
The Oline would be fine if the scheme was different and they practiced for said scheme. Kelly likes his cute little crap.

I just finished watching the Navy game and several things are clear to me. Kiser is not a good passer,our O line is just not there,and as usual special teams are a joke. I also think we just don't have the talent needed to be competitive. Our coaching staff is a bit of a joke as well. We have some serious problems to overcome on this team and if Kelly is not fired by years end he will be by the end of next year. We are simply not competitive and I don't see that changing. With Holtz we were at least a decent team but you could see we were heading in the right direction I don't see that with Kelly.
Kizer is a very good QB who had an off day on Saturday. $hit happens.

Reactions: Java65
"The Oline would be fine if the scheme was different and they practiced for said scheme. Kelly likes his cute little crap."
"The OL is just not physical nor fundamentally drilled on a power run attack; dispite the potential to be such."

This O-Line could not push around a HS team -- they have ZERO physicality. That is Kelly's mind-set.

They need to watch film of Ohio State, BAMA, Michigan -- hell, even Navy -- they attack people.

I've been saying this for a few games now, if you look you can see the regression that every QB under Kelly has experienced. We've all seen it, I have my theory why it happens but it's happened to every QB Kelly has coached at ND... they regress at an alarming rate.

Well the state of the ND football program is the same as this country in a serious decline and not going to get any better anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT