ADVERTISEMENT

Possible new OC

He probably just decided to stay at his alma mater after getting a raise. Some coaches do that.
No inside info but sounds like this is an agent telling his client to get on a plane and listen, worst case you come back and get a major raise.

If Klein was a Zoom call and Ludwig is in person, I’d assume the staff is all in on Ludwig. Unless of course it’s just some rich ass on his way back from a ski trip.

Lol I don't even know who that is?

All I know is they have interviews set through the weekend and have since they talked to Klein.

I think it's insanely unlikely freeman was offering the first guy through the door

Why not? Saban offered the first guy and it wasn’t Rees.

“It’s not the critic who counts...”

TR said that before fans paid hundreds of billions on sports. Today the critic matters if you like NIL, revenue, tv deals, keeping your job, etc.

I’m a big TR fan though. Touché on the reference and generally I agree with you on that. I love the man in the arena quote. Posted in my office.

2022 Total Offense:

17. Utah (Ludwig)
34. Penn State (Yurcich)
41. Kansas State (Klein)
42. Kent State (Lewis)
48. Clemson (Streeter)
54. Toledo (Candle)
57. West Virginia (Harrell)
60. Notre Dame (Rees!)
80. Akron (Moorhead)

Last edited:
how is andy ludwig as a recruiter? why is nobody covering the recruiter-aspect of this job search? how more obvious does it need to get that we desperately need recruiters at ND?

edit/update: after doing some research on Ludwig, he looks like he has about as much charisma as a box of sand and has a reputation for being an average recruiter at best. Hard pass!

Last edited:
how is andy ludwig as a recruiter? why is nobody covering the recruiter-aspect of this job search? how more obvious does it need to get that we desperately need recruiters at ND?

edit/update: after doing some research on Ludwig, he looks like he has about as much charisma as a box of sand and has a reputation for being an average recruiter at best. Hard pass!

Bc he can recruit enough. We have our QBs until 2024. All he needs to do is keep CJ happy. Stuckey, McCullough, Parker are great recruiters. Harry gets the job done. Explain to me what else we need? Why does our OC need to be an elite recruiter? Dumb post.

Stick to your day job.

Lucky lefty pod said he decided to stay at ksu, but that it was because it was determined it was a bad fit. He was not offered.

Him deciding to take himself out of the running is NOT the same as being offered and turning us down.

For example:. If he wanted to bring his own rb coach and freeman said "no we are keeping our guy"... And then Klein said this isnt for me I'm going back to ksu

Vs

Freeman saying hey you're our guy and Klein saying no I'm staying.

In both scenarios Klein decides it's not for him, but it is not the same... I tend to think it was closer to the first example than the second...esp considering there are interviews scheduled today and through the weekend...

Before you ask... A plane left salt lake city for south bend today. Draw your own conclusions. Again it's the FIRST interview. No other details but you can use flight aware to see incoming planes to south bend ..
Before you ask... A plane left salt lake city for south bend today. Draw your own conclusions. Again it's the FIRST interview. No other details but you can use flight aware to see incoming planes to south bend ..

Lol. Unbelievable.

Alright, then! It's going to be the Utah guy. He's definitely an experienced hand who's been to many rodeos. It's not exactly what I was imagining, but close enough. Let's give it a whirl....

I think he would go well with SH, right?

Seriously doubt you spend time at a hockey game with a potential employer if he's not offering or you're not taking the job.

I'm excited about this move. Like Ludwig a lot. A bonus is that I doubt he becomes a HFC anytime soon, so I anticipate he'll bring continuity to the offense.

Another thing I like is that he's worked under Rocky Long, Kyle Whittingham, Mike Belloti, Paul Chryst and Jeff Tedford. All of whom are good coaches in their own right. He's brining experience and knowledge that Rees couldn't at this point. At Freeman's juncture of his career having Golden and Ludwig will be huge.

Last edited:
I do think this looks good, but he did come in on a late flight and it was reported as a two day interview

I like Utah, and consider them a pretty kick=ass team all around. But I want a good passing offense. I don't give a shit about no infantile logic, which says that because ND always recruits good OL, that on that primitive basis we should favor a run-first style. That's effin' childlike. I want a badass state of the art offense, and OL also have to pass-block and they can use their elite-recruit abilities to serve that role too.

So maybe someone like Ludwig will be great, and the offense will flourish, and we'll run the ball more than pass, or at least the run game will be the fulcrum of the offense or something like that, and everything will be grand.....

But I do not sympathize much with that sort of crude philosophical conclusion. But to be fair there is absolutely no proof that MF actually holds with such a simpletonish way of thinking. And maybe he just likes Ludwig, who is it must be said a pretty solid-looking career OC. And on that score we'd definitely be getting a super-experienced and quite accomplished longtime OC whom MF would be able to entrust the offense to completely....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT