ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Podcast breakdown: How many wins gets Notre Dame MBB into NCAA Tournament?

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
On Thursday's podcast, we were asked how many wins Notre Dame men's basketball needs to make it into the NCAA Tournament.

Both @Eric Hansen and I agreed that the Irish likely need to win 7 of their last nine games, which included the NC State victory on Saturday.

Notre Dame doesn't have a lot of meaningful wins left on the rest of its regular season schedule. That's why winning so many of them will be important.

The best blueprint would be to win all five remaining home games (Louisville, Boston College, Syracuse, Georgia Tech and Pittsburgh) and win two out of the last four games at home. ND already got one of those out of the way at NC State.

The most impressive win left on the schedule would be at Wake Forest. If Notre Dame doesn't win that, it should try to avoid losing Clemson and Florida State.

I think that path combined with a trip to the ACC Tournament semifinals should get Notre Dame safely into the tournament.

Do you think Notre Dame can get in with only winning six of these games?

@ NC State — W
vs. Louisville
@ Clemson
vs. Boston College
@ Wake Forest
vs. Syracuse
vs. Georgia Tech
@ Florida State
vs. Pittsburgh

Reactions: gregbell28
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT