ADVERTISEMENT

Peppers?!

didn't want to risk the NFL....should be playing the chicken dance.

I'm not saying he wasn't really hurt but the latest is that Peppers has signed with an agent and is leaving for the NFL..........I really think the Jaylon Smith changed how the players look at bowl games now..........I know Jake Butt played and says he has no regrets even after his ACL/MCL injury but I think this year is just the beginning of how college players will look at bowl games in the future. They have too much money to lose for a bowl game that does nothing but expose them to a possible injury.

Have to admire Adoree yesterday -- even wanting to get back into the game after spraining his ankle!

Like I said about McCafery, CFB is becoming a bigger and bigger business and sitting out a meaningless bowl game is simply a smart business move.

Different mindset between some players - some want to play until their last breath and others think the risk isn't worth playing in a bowl game.

I agree, I think the Jaylon Smith injury opened a lot of eyes.

Now let's be clear - I think this should only be acceptable for 1st round talent. When potential 3rd or 4th rounders are sitting out bowl games, then it's going to become a circus. Until then, kids that are projected to be first round draft choices have to make decisions with their brains and not their hearts.

I love my alma mater, but I'm not missing out on millions of potential dollars because I have the chance to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. Get my drift?

Different mindset between some players - some want to play until their last breath and others think the risk isn't worth playing in a bowl game.

I agree, I think the Jaylon Smith injury opened a lot of eyes.

Now let's be clear - I think this should only be acceptable for 1st round talent. When potential 3rd or 4th rounders are sitting out bowl games, then it's going to become a circus. Until then, kids that are projected to be first round draft choices have to make decisions with their brains and not their hearts.

I love my alma mater, but I'm not missing out on millions of potential dollars because I have the chance to play in the Pinstripe Bowl. Get my drift?
Why shouldn't 3/4th rounders be concerned? If anything they have just as much, if not more to lose. May not make sense, but think about it. Jaylon was severely hurt and still drafted very high. If he would of been projected to be a 4th round pick... he would of not even of been drafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT