ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Prayers needed...

FightinMike87

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2010
South Bend, Indiana
As I mentioned in another thread, my family has been affected like many others, with the multiple tornadoes and storms that moved across western Ohio late last night. I awoke to a vague text message, but now have more details.

My great aunt & uncle's home was hit by one of the tornadoes as well as the main barn on their farm in Celina, OH. He recently had surgery and was safe in a nursing home, but my great aunt was home at the time with their son (who has special needs). He is fine and is now with friends, but my great aunt was taken to the hospital with what they believed to just be a broken wrist and a few broken ribs.

Once at the hospital, they also found a few fractures in her face and two spots where there is some internal bleeding around her brain. She is awake, but in critical condition. She is responding to questions, but isn't able to make any sense.

If you're so inclined, please send up a prayer or two or five for those affected by these storms. Thank you all!

Update: Thank you all. The only update I have is all of the surgeries have been scheduled—it'll be a long night for those in the hospital, but they have ruled out surgery for the bleeding; being so minimal at this point that they expect it to take care of itself. First is the wrist and ribs. She's still responsive, but doesn't know where she is for the most part, which might be a positive.

Your response has been shared with my extended family and we are forever grateful. I will update the thread again once I know more.

Update #2: All surgeries went well last night. She went in at 8pm and was finished around 3am this morning. Those at the hospital left for the hotel, and I haven't had an update thus far this morning. Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.

Update #3: Great news. All surgeries were indeed successful and she is sitting up (to help her breathing), but now it's down to dealing with the swelling and pain. They expectation is that so long as things progress as they expect she could be out of the hospital by the beginning of next week. God is good!

Thanks so much for your thoughts and messages.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News