ADVERTISEMENT

OT GOAT James Wins Another

The man is simply not human 17 years another 3 full seasons in the playoffs & he doesnt look like he is slowing down. If LBJ & AD stay healthy they could win 3 in a row. Best to ever do it.
Congrats on being the 30% that actually cared about the NBA. What a joke these clowns have become - including your boy Lebron.

Reactions: HarlemIrish
Congrats on being the 30% that actually cared about the NBA. What a joke these clowns have become - including your boy Lebron.
Basketball is more watched than any sport except football. Are all other sports irrelevant?

To each their own if someone wants to fawn over King James and the NBA, but the ratings are bad. Really bad. CNN bad. Can't pretend otherwise. The NBA supposedly is going to ditch the idiotic blm scribe on the court and the uninformed social justice messaging on the jerseys next season, but, it may be too late. I don't know. We'll see. I know I'm out for the long haul. It's extremely difficult to respect a league who doesn't give a rat's behind about me. Hear what I'm saying NFL, NHL, NASCAR, MLB, university presidents?
The ratings have nothing to do with Lebron the player. Who cares if their ratings are good or bad. We're talking ball

Btw, ratings are down in all sports, across the board. Lot of competition with every sport playing and election year.

Reactions: Chest Brockwell
The ratings have nothing to do with Lebron the player. Who cares if their ratings are good or bad. We're talking ball

Btw, ratings are down in all sports, across the board. Lot of competition with every sport playing and election year.

Prior to the finals most of the games were on TNT or ESPN. Cable was probably an early cost cut for a lot of households, too.

Reactions: Golson5

Rating are down also big time time because of his alignment with the public of China. Sports in general are down because of the whole woke movement. You would think folks would be flocking to sports after the severe lockdown and folks watching tiger king. Go woke, go broke.

Dont really follow Basketball but I absolutely love all the old white blowhards and their take about how LJ couldnt play against the physicality of the 90's......... have you seen the dude? He would of done whatever he wants in the 90's... even more so than he does now.

I dont think too highly of LJ's political views but the man deserves credit for not only being one of the all time greats, but for living up to the unfair hype he started while in middle school? Dude has never been in trouble and just wins wherever he goes....

People should quit looking for ways to dog on the man and enjoy what we have gotten to watch for the last 15+ years or however long he has been dominating.

Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, MJ, Bill Russel, Lebron are all players who you could argue is the GOAT. Heck you could put Kobe in that group as well. It’s always good discussion to talk about who’s the greatest. Different eras had different styles. Today’s game , in my opinion is watered down. Players walk constantly. There’s little defense. Inside players are shooting 3’s . It’s like a finesse game anymore. I would like to see James drive in on Bill Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn. How about Dennis Rodman? The game was way more physical a few years back. With that said, Lebron is in the conversation as one of the greatest ever NBA players. I have seen all the players mentione’d with the exception of Wilt, who I remember watching him as a young boy but it was at the very end of his career. Still , I simply go by the “ eye” test. As great as all the mentioned players are, for my money, Michael Jordan is the best player I have ever seen. He made every player around him play at an extremely high level. He didn’t have to go to a team of ” all stars” to win championships . He was the all star. I never once saw him quit in a game. Again , this is all subjective. I get that. So my opinion is simply that, my opinion. As always, I respect any opinion that differs. That’s what makes this a fun topic.
You all don't realize how much bigger Lebron is than all of the guys you named. Lebron outweighs all of those guys by 30 to 40 pounds. Imagine him being able to really use his strength when driving to the whole. Laimbeer and Mahorn are getting put in the basket. We're talking about someone who is close to 270 coming to the basket moving like someone who weights 190.

King James is the one who wants to be known more for what he does off the court than on. Fans were perfectly happy watching him, the NBA, and all sports as an escape, free from politics and the troubles surrounding their everyday lives. But all these owners and players, with the help of the clapping seals known as the sports media were ready and willing to double down with uninformed social messages, poking their fingers in the eyes of the fans who supported them. It is them who brought social activism to the court/field. It is them who has something to say about everything except when challenged by people like Jason Whitlock. Suddenly they remain silent. It is them who wear the jerseys and play on the courts/fields with uninformed messaging for all to see. It was them who made a production of kneeling. It is them who married sports with political activism. It isn't the fans. We all just wanted to see the greatest athletes on earth do their thing and support our team. They can't pick and choose when they are challenged for their performance on the court/field and off. It was they who drew first blood. It is a personal choice to watch or not. Fans are not the issue on either side of the debate.
For someone who claims to not watch or listen to Lebron, you seem to think you know an awful lot of his character.

For someone who claims to not watch or listen to Lebron, you seem to think you know an awful lot of his character.
It doesn't take a genius to know his character every time he opens his mouth. That's the first clue. The sports media kneeling in humble submission at every utterance is the second clue. I never said I don't watch or listen to King James. His words of wisdom and other convenient times of complete silence is everywhere. You can't escape it. I said I don't watch the NBA. Nice try.

Reactions: Pennick4
How about this. If it were the expansion draft and you got the first choice, who would you pick? I would go LJ. Then I pause and change to MJ. Then I go back and forth. Finally, I would flip a coin.

Both LJ and MJ score a bunch. LJ's rebounds and assists are better than MJ's. MJ plays better defense.

I think it gets to the point of arguing how many angels can fit on the head of a pin.

Why are Lebron's thoughts on China relevant to a conversation about skill?

Our own government drug their feet on comdemning China for Uighur detention camps so it wouldn't mess with trade talks. How are their ratings?

Are ratings a metric of player greatness?

I think Jordan would focused more on his outside shooting if he played now, and w/o as much contact he would blow by defended with even more ease.

Lebron is such a physical specimen. It's almost impossible to stop him without mauling him. Add in point guard skills in a big body and it's a tough call as to who is the greatest.

You are right. Hes the Greatest Of All Time now. Amazing player. Amazing career. Its a shame so many people put hate on the guy. Just phenomenal. Can do it all. Just special. Unreal career
What is his record in the NBA finals?

I have & so has Golson MJ is still the most important NBA player the way he helped grow the game but LBJ is its best. In LBJ's 1st 3 chips he has beat more Top 50 Alltime NBA players, More 1st ballot hofers, and more League MVP's than MJ did in his 6.
And yet everyone on the planet that has a brain would pick MJ or Kobe to take the last shot in a game. Lebron would be an afterthought. But he’s the greatest 🤣

Jordan only got to 6 Finals. That means he lost in earlier rounds and couldnt make the Finals. Thats a poor argument
It actually means he retired twice. Sheesh dude, all you do is report lies. Jordan never got to pick his roster and team like Lebron.

Question. Game on the line and each player gets two foul shots with your team down two. Who are you taking, Lebron or MJ?

And yet everyone on the planet that has a brain would pick MJ or Kobe to take the last shot in a game. Lebron would be an afterthought. But he’s the greatest 🤣
LeBron has more game winning shots in the Playoffs than both of those guys. Kobe only has one and his percentage is terrible in the clutch. You dont kbow much here

It actually means he retired twice. Sheesh dude, all you do is report lies. Jordan never got to pick his roster and team like Lebron.
He played 13 seasons. Made 6 Finals. 7 times couldnt make the Finals. He actually got swept in the first rd a few times.

All Jordan got was a top 25 player ever in Pippen and the greatest coach ever. Then one the greatest ever defenders. He didnt have to pick his roster because his management was capable. The Cleveland franchise was a disaster

Question. Game on the line and each player gets two foul shots with your team down two. Who are you taking, Lebron or MJ?
MJ for sure. But Id take Bird and Curry over both. Proves nothing. Is curry better than Jordan?

You clearly have never watched MJ play. Jordan is the GOAT period. End of discussion.
Wrong. Michael may have been a better scorer, but Lebron could surely score and was/is a much better passer and rebounder. Lebron surpassed Lebron's scoring total while taking 1,000 fewer shots.

The false narrative in this thread is that the two contenders for GOAT are Lebron and Jordan. Wrong, Lebron is almost assuredly No. 1 and the only other player who should be considered as a challenger is Kareem. MJ would probably be No. 3.

Why are Lebron's thoughts on China relevant to a conversation about skill?

Our own government drug their feet on comdemning China for Uighur detention camps so it wouldn't mess with trade talks. How are their ratings?

Are ratings a metric of player greatness?

I think Jordan would focused more on his outside shooting if he played now, and w/o as much contact he would blow by defended with even more ease.

Lebron is such a physical specimen. It's almost impossible to stop him without mauling him. Add in point guard skills in a big body and it's a tough call as to who is the greatest.
The more focus on outside shots MJ did the less he is driving & posting up he could do. Also MJ didnt have to face zone defenses. He would have to adapt to getting walled off at the top of key. He would get soft doubles before he caught the ball in the post. MJ made an impassioned plea to the rules committee not to allow zone defenses. He said he wouldnt have the career he had if zone defense was allowed during his career.

Last edited:
Lebron is 12-23 on tying or go ahead shots in the last 10 seconds of a game
MJ is 7-15, Kobe is 5-22 but thanks for playing.

Lebron hit 2 last second free throws vs the Magic in ECF to force OT. He hit 2 Free throws in Game 7 of GS Finals to seal the title
In Finals FT% MJ 80% LBJ 75%

The false narrative in this thread is that the two contenders for GOAT are Lebron and Jordan. Wrong, Lebron is almost assuredly No. 1 and the only other player who should be considered as a challenger is Kareem. MJ would probably be No. 3.
Dont agree there. Kareem was only the best player on maybe 2 Championship teams. Magic was the better player in LA. Jordan was the best on 6. 6 finals mvp. I think Kareem only has 2 or 3

Its Lebron and MJ

Lebron hit 2 last second free throws vs the Magic in ECF to force OT. He hit 2 Free throws in Game 7 of GS Finals to seal the title
In Finals FT% MJ 80% LBJ 75%
He made 1 to seal the deal agaibst GS. Missed the 2nd. Regardless in this specific area, Jordan was better.

Lebron is still better overall. Just not as a free throw shooter

Dont agree there. Kareem was only the best player on maybe 2 Championship teams. Magic was the better player in LA. Jordan was the best on 6. 6 finals mvp. I think Kareem only has 2 or 3

Its Lebron and MJ
No problems with you disagreeing. You are aware that Kareem had been in the NBA for 10 years before Magic joined the Lakers? After that, he was first team All NBA 4 times and Finals MVP in another year. He hardly played second fiddle.

No problems with you disagreeing. You are aware that Kareem had been in the NBA for 10 years before Magic joined the Lakers? After that, he was first team All NBA 4 times and Finals MVP in another year. He hardly played second fiddle.
Yes I am aware. And he only won 1 Title without Magic but he also had the Big O. After Oscar was done, Kareem didnt do anything in the playoffs until he got magic. He was 2nd fiddle to Magic. Magic ran the team. Magic made the team go. Magic was in his prime and Kareem was not. That's why Magic won 3 Finals mvps to kareem and worthys 1 apiece.

Yes I am aware. And he only won 1 Title without Magic but he also had the Big O. After Oscar was done, Kareem didnt do anything in the playoffs until he got magic. He was 2nd fiddle to Magic. Magic ran the team. Magic made the team go. Magic was in his prime and Kareem was not. That's why Magic won 3 Finals mvps to kareem and worthys 1 apiece.
The Big O was a shell of himself with Kareem. I outlined what Kareem did with the Lakers with Magic and they were pretty much equal, extremely impressive given that Magic is an all time player and Kareem was 10 years older.

The Big O was a shell of himself with Kareem. I outlined what Kareem did with the Lakers with Magic and they were pretty much equal, extremely impressive given that Magic is an all time player and Kareem was 10 years older.
Kareem only made 1 Final his first 10 years without Magic and missed the pkayoffs and also got knocked out early. Magic and Kareem were not equal during their run in the 80s. Magic was by far the driving force. The last Title they won, Kareem was a shell of himself. 3 finals mvps to 1. And Magic should have won the 4th over Worthy. Not equal

Last edited:
Kareem only made 1 Final his first 10 years without Magic and missed the pkayoffs and also got knocked out early. Magic and Kareem were not equal during their run in the 80s. Magic was by far the driving force. The last Title they won, Kareem was a shell of himself. 3 finals mvps to 1. And Magic should have won the 4th over James. Not equal
Kareem was saddled with shitty teams for many of first 10 years. Magic was blessed with a star studded group, including Kareem, who was his equal. You're talking to the ultimate Lakers fan. I go back to West and Baylor vs. Russell, Heinsohn, Hondo etc. I hope you know why Magic won his first Finals MVP. He deserved it, but he won it thanks to Kareem's sprained ankle.

Kareem was saddled with shitty teams for many of first 10 years. Magic was blessed with a star studded group, including Kareem, who was his equal. You're talking to the ultimate Lakers fan. I go back to West and Baylor vs. Russell, Heinsohn, Hondo etc. I hope you know why Magic won his first Finals MVP. He deserved it, but he won it thanks to Kareem's sprained ankle.
Missing the playoffs in back to back years in your prime is unacceptable. Jordan and Lebrons early teams were awful and they didnt allow that to happen.

Sounds like you're the ultimate Kareem fan because as Lakers, when Magic got there, they were not equal. We are not talking about their entire careers. While on the same team, it was Magics team. He was showtime. He started the break. He brought the ball up. He got everyone going. Kareem was finished in his last Title. Magic was not. Magic was clearly the man while both were on the team. Magic deserved 4 Finals mvps to Kareems 1.

Without Kareem, Magic played maybe the greatest basketball game ever and they won without Kareem on the court

The only person who would say otherwise are people who dont know what they are talking about, or are biased Kareem fans

Missing the playoffs in back to back years in your prime is unacceptable. Jordan and Lebrons early teams were awful and they didnt allow that to happen.

Sounds like you're the ultimate Kareem fan because as Lakers, when Magic got there, they were not equal. We are not talking about their entire careers. While on the same team, it was Magics team. He was showtime. He started the break. He brought the ball up. He got everyone going. Kareem was finished in his last Title. Magic was not. Magic was clearly the man while both were on the team. Magic deserved 4 Finals mvps to Kareems 1.

Without Kareem, Magic played maybe the greatest basketball game ever and they won without Kareem on the court

The only person who would say otherwise are people who dont know what they are talking about, or are biased Kareem fans
I don't think you understand what basketball in the 70s was like. No matter how good you are, you had to have decent teammates. This is particularly true for a big man, whose effectiveness is contingent on someone getting him the ball. In their eras, Lebron and Jordan could much more easily generate their dominance. I saw Magic 1980 Game 6 on tape delay, which is embarrassingly how it was telecast. I made a point of not hearing the score. It was a great game, but I give top to Walt Frazier in Game 7 of 1970. That was when Willis Reed limped onto the court.

I explained why I think Kareem was equal. I don't care if you accept it. Hardly a biased Kareem fan. Magic and Kareem are two of my top five favorites, and I probably like Magic a little better. As Jeff Van Gundy said during this years Finals, when it's all said and done, Lebron and Kareem will wind up with the two best basketball resumes.

Of course the players now would say Jordan. They grew up idolizing MJ. So did Lebron. That doesnt prove anything though
The guys nowadays grew up idolizing LeBron. Most top guys are in their 20s. LeBron is 35 or 36. If anything they grew up watching LeBron and Kobe. Lonzo Ball said 21 Savage was the GOAT rapper.

The guys nowadays grew up idolizing LeBron. Most top guys are in their 20s. LeBron is 35 or 36. If anything they grew up watching LeBron and Kobe. Lonzo Ball said 21 Savage was the GOAT rapper.
Kids now still idolize Mike. Because of his shoes, clothes and youtube clips. Also because of their parents. If you talk to the younger generation they think Mike was without fault, had no weaknesses, never lost or missed a shot. That is an exaggeration but the point is still true. They wear his stuff and watch his clips and everyone tells them he was the greatest so they think he is. If you ask the young NBA players who the GOAT is most will still say Mike and they probably never watched him play a full game. His name and aura will live forever

[/QUOTE]
What he meant to say was jammer!

I explained why I think Kareem was equal. I don't care if you accept it. Hardly a biased Kareem fan. Magic and Kareem are two of my top five favorites, and I probably like Magic a little better. As Jeff Van Gundy said during this years Finals, when it's all said and done, Lebron and Kareem will wind up with the two best basketball resumes.
And when it's all said and done, MJ will still be GOAT.

To me Magic Johnson was the greatest basketball player ever. I had Bird and Jordan tied for second. All of my friends know that I was a Jordan hater but I always argued it took him a little bit to realize, you have to make everyone better around you. That is something that Magic and Bird did every time they touched the court.
I have always said that Lebron is the athletic version of Magic. Lebron's rookie year was great because he could have put up 30 shots a game and no one would have said a word about it, but he was so unselfish To me I started calling Lebron the greatest ever after the 2015 series against GS. What he did in that series was ridiculous. And then the 2017 and 2018 series sealed it.

That's just my opinion.

I proudly do not watch the crap that is the NBA. And Lebron is a pos.

He has a big mouth and knows nothing

He can dribble, dunk, shoot.

So can I. My spit dribbles often. I dunk my cookies in milk. I shoot shots

He’s not the goat and neither am I. MJ would smoke him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT