ADVERTISEMENT

OT GOAT James Wins Another

raulduke_007

I've posted how many times?
Jan 5, 2010
The man is simply not human 17 years another 3 full seasons in the playoffs & he doesnt look like he is slowing down. If LBJ & AD stay healthy they could win 3 in a row. Best to ever do it.

The man is simply not human 17 years another 3 full seasons in the playoffs & he doesnt look like he is slowing down. If LBJ & AD stay healthy they could win 3 in a row. Best to ever do it.
You are right. Hes the Greatest Of All Time now. Amazing player. Amazing career. Its a shame so many people put hate on the guy. Just phenomenal. Can do it all. Just special. Unreal career

Reactions: Silent Banjo
Ask Lebron (bless his holy name) about China and their treatment of Muslim minorities. He said it's more important what he does off the court than on. You can't separate basketball with his "social/China" agenda. They come as a pact, so he is fair game for all praise and all criticism. No one in the media has the kahunas to challenge him but Jason Whitlock I guess.
I could care less about his political opinions. Means absolutely zero to me. He can think what he wants. I dont agree with him at all but who cares.

You clearly have never watched MJ play. Jordan is the GOAT period. End of discussion.
I have & so has Golson MJ is still the most important NBA player the way he helped grow the game but LBJ is its best. In LBJ's 1st 3 chips he has beat more Top 50 Alltime NBA players, More 1st ballot hofers, and more League MVP's than MJ did in his 6.

Reactions: Golson5
You clearly have never watched MJ play. Jordan is the GOAT period. End of discussion.
I love MJ. He was my favorite player. Lebron is a better basketball player.

Obviously we're talking the 2 greatest here and I'm not putting MJ down at all. Id love to have seen them play in the same era and go up against each other but thats not possible

But of all the players that I've seen and all the film and games Ive watched from the 60s to now. Lebron is the greatest basketball play I've ever seen

LBJ Coaches he took to Finals
1st Head coaching job Mike Brown
Rookie HC Spoletra,
Rookie Coach David Blatt,
Rookie Coach Ty Lue
1st time to Finals Frank Vogel

Wade after 06 title either missed playoffs or got bounced in 1st Rd
Bosh 03 either missed playoffs or bounced 1st Rd
Kyrie lottery every year
Love never made playoffs
AD either missed playoffs or bounced in 1s Rd (made it to 2nd Rd once)

Cleveland Cavs Before LBJ:
Cavs missed playoffs 5 straight years.
LBJ enters 1 Finals, 2 ECF, 2 2nd Rds game 7 losses to Det & Big 3 Celtics
LBJ leaves 4 straight years of lottery.
LBJ returns 1 title 4 straight Finals
LBJ leaves 2 lotteries

Miami
5 years before LBJ 1 missed playoff 4 1st Rd exits
LBJ Enters 2 titles 4 straight Finals
LBJ leaves 3 missed playoffs 1 1st Rd Exit, 1 2nd Rd 1 Finals loss to LBJ

Lakers 5 years before LBJ missed playoffs every year.
LBJ enters 1 Title , 1 missed playoff because LBJ got injured

Ask Lebron (bless his holy name) about China and their treatment of Muslim minorities. He said it's more important what he does off the court than on. You can't separate basketball with his "social/China" agenda. They come as a pact, so he is fair game for all praise and all criticism. No one in the media has the kahunas to challenge him but Jason Whitlock I guess.

The BB has more brains than L.

If MJ played under todays rules he would average 50 a game. Lebron would have been a great player in MJ's era. But back then they could hang onto you and physically beat you up. I still think MJ is the best ever.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and iwish
LBJ Coaches he took to Finals
1st Head coaching job Mike Brown
Rookie HC Spoletra,
Rookie Coach David Blatt,
Rookie Coach Ty Lue
1st time to Finals Frank Vogel

Wade after 06 title either missed playoffs or got bounced in 1st Rd
Bosh 03 either missed playoffs or bounced 1st Rd
Kyrie lottery every year
Love never made playoffs
AD either missed playoffs or bounced in 1s Rd (made it to 2nd Rd once)

Cleveland Cavs Before LBJ:
Cavs missed playoffs 5 straight years.
LBJ enters 1 Finals, 2 ECF, 2 2nd Rds game 7 losses to Det & Big 3 Celtics
LBJ leaves 4 straight years of lottery.
LBJ returns 1 title 4 straight Finals
LBJ leaves 2 lotteries

Miami
5 years before LBJ 1 missed playoff 4 1st Rd exits
LBJ Enters 2 titles 4 straight Finals
LBJ leaves 3 missed playoffs 1 1st Rd Exit, 1 2nd Rd 1 Finals loss to LBJ

Lakers 5 years before LBJ missed playoffs every year.
LBJ enters 1 Title , 1 missed playoff because LBJ got injured

Yeah Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh had nothing to do with Miami winning.

Look at Lebron's record in the Finals vs Jordan's and tell us what you come up with.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
If MJ played under todays rules he would average 50 a game. Lebron would have been a great player in MJ's era. But back then they could hang onto you and physically beat you up. I still think MJ is the best ever.
He really wouldnt. MJ was scared to death to face zone defenses. MJ actually made an impassioned plea to the rules committee to not to implent the zone saying he wouldnt have had the career he had if zones were allowed. Also MJ played most of his career in a faster or same pace as it is played today NBA only he got to play against worse athletes than LBJ. If LBJ only had to face man to man defenses & it was against MJ opp.'s he could of ave 50. See how easy that is to do.

Yeah Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh had nothing to do with Miami winning.

Look at Lebron's record in the Finals vs Jordan's and tell us what you come up with.
LBJ beat more Top 50 alltime players, more 1st ballot hofers, more league MVP's in his 1st 3 titles than MJ did in his 6. LBJ face 4 top 20 alltime NBA teams & that doesnt even include the 73 win GS Warriors. MJ faced zero. MJ closest team was the #20 & 30th ranked Pistons in ECF's and lost to both. All MJ's titles came during massive expansion & when the NBA was in transition as LA, Bos, Det dynasties got old & collasped. The 90's were the weakest era in modern NBA history.

Quit watching the NBA after Jordan left.
Quit watching NFL 10 or so years ago.
Pretty much down to ND football and I don’t miss any of the others.

Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, MJ, Bill Russel, Lebron are all players who you could argue is the GOAT. Heck you could put Kobe in that group as well. It’s always good discussion to talk about who’s the greatest. Different eras had different styles. Today’s game , in my opinion is watered down. Players walk constantly. There’s little defense. Inside players are shooting 3’s . It’s like a finesse game anymore. I would like to see James drive in on Bill Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn. How about Dennis Rodman? The game was way more physical a few years back. With that said, Lebron is in the conversation as one of the greatest ever NBA players. I have seen all the players mentione’d with the exception of Wilt, who I remember watching him as a young boy but it was at the very end of his career. Still , I simply go by the “ eye” test. As great as all the mentioned players are, for my money, Michael Jordan is the best player I have ever seen. He made every player around him play at an extremely high level. He didn’t have to go to a team of ” all stars” to win championships . He was the all star. I never once saw him quit in a game. Again , this is all subjective. I get that. So my opinion is simply that, my opinion. As always, I respect any opinion that differs. That’s what makes this a fun topic.

LBJ beat more Top 50 alltime players, more 1st ballot hofers, more league MVP's in his 1st 3 titles than MJ did in his 6. LBJ face 4 top 20 alltime NBA teams & that doesnt even include the 73 win GS Warriors. MJ faced zero. MJ closest team was the #20 & 30th ranked Pistons in ECF's and lost to both. All MJ's titles came during massive expansion & when the NBA was in transition as LA, Bos, Det dynasties got old & collasped. The 90's were the weakest era in modern NBA history.

The Lebron record in the Final vs MJ record in a Final was what I asked for.

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem, MJ, Bill Russel, Lebron are all players who you could argue is the GOAT. Heck you could put Kobe in that group as well. It’s always good discussion to talk about who’s the greatest. Different eras had different styles. Today’s game , in my opinion is watered down. Players walk constantly. There’s little defense. Inside players are shooting 3’s . It’s like a finesse game anymore. I would like to see James drive in on Bill Laimbeer or Rick Mahorn. How about Dennis Rodman? The game was way more physical a few years back. With that said, Lebron is in the conversation as one of the greatest ever NBA players. I have seen all the players mentione’d with the exception of Wilt, who I remember watching him as a young boy but it was at the very end of his career. Still , I simply go by the “ eye” test. As great as all the mentioned players are, for my money, Michael Jordan is the best player I have ever seen. He made every player around him play at an extremely high level. He didn’t have to go to a team of ” all stars” to win championships . He was the all star. I never once saw him quit in a game. Again , this is all subjective. I get that. So my opinion is simply that, my opinion. As always, I respect any opinion that differs. That’s what makes this a fun topic.
Today's players are far more athletic and skilled than ever.

Also,the past players never had to play against international competition. That is watered down in my opinion.

Imagine how many rings Lebron would have if no int playwrs played now.....Dirk, Parker, Ginobli, Gasols etc etc

Today's players are far more athletic and skilled than ever.

Also,the past players never had to play against international competition. That is watered down in my opinion.

Imagine how many rings Lebron would have if no int playwrs played now.....Dirk, Parker, Ginobli, Gasols etc etc

I don know about more athletic and skilled. Wilt Chamberlin was as athletic as any 7 foot center you will see. Jordan could play today and still kill it. Look at the players Jordan played against. Hall of famers across the board. like I said, Lebron deserves to be in the conversation. No one disagrees with that. Clearly the argument for him is valid. Still, I give the nod to Jordan. It is fun to discuss . I’d be curious to see what Lebron and Jordan thinks who the greatest is. That would be interesting, especially if they were interviewed together .

At the end of the day the GOAT debate is all a matter of opinion, of course, but I find it interesting that an anonymous GOAT poll of 117 current NBA players conducted last year by The Athletic gave MJ 73% of the vote. Lebron got 11.9% of the vote, and Kobe received 10.6%. Clearly LBJ's own contemporaries think MJ is the GOAT, and by a wide margin. If the poll included former NBA players that actually played with MJ, I am pretty sure MJ is a landslide winner. Lebron has now added a fourth title to his resume, but I doubt that moves the needle very much.

He didn't have the ability in his day to roster manage the way Lebron did in Miami and now in LA.
He didnt play against international comp. He got one of the best 5 players in the NBA on his team and one of the greatest coaches of all time as his coach. Then he got one of the greatest defenders and rebounders ever. He had plenty of help

I don know about more athletic and skilled. Wilt Chamberlin was as athletic as any 7 foot center you will see. Jordan could play today and still kill it. Look at the players Jordan played against. Hall of famers across the board. like I said, Lebron deserves to be in the conversation. No one disagrees with that. Clearly the argument for him is valid. Still, I give the nod to Jordan. It is fun to discuss . I’d be curious to see what Lebron and Jordan thinks who the greatest is. That would be interesting, especially if they were interviewed together .
On the whole, the NBA is light years ahead on athleticism and skill of the 60s and 70s and a step above the 80s and 90s. Its evolution. People dont get worse and less athletic over time. Look at any sport or any Olympic event. Humans are getting bigger stronger faster. Its evolution of human

Reactions: tkirish
At the end of the day the GOAT debate is all a matter of opinion, of course, but I find it interesting that an anonymous GOAT poll of 117 current NBA players conducted last year by The Athletic gave MJ 73% of the vote. Lebron got 11.9% of the vote, and Kobe received 10.6%. Clearly LBJ's own contemporaries think MJ is the GOAT, and by a wide margin. If the poll included former NBA players that actually played with MJ, I am pretty sure MJ is a landslide winner. Lebron has now added a fourth title to his resume, but I doubt that moves the needle very much.
Of course the players now would say Jordan. They grew up idolizing MJ. So did Lebron. That doesnt prove anything though

Reactions: Silent Banjo
Thats your 1 rebuttal and he was 6 11 250. Lebron plays point guard and weighs 260
He was one ofmany that would have played a very physical game against Lebron. Back then you could beat up your opponent without getting tossed. None of this cant touch the other guy like todays game

He was one ofmany that would have played a very physical game against Lebron. Back then you could beat up your opponent without getting tossed. None of this cant touch the other guy like todays game
Jimmy Butler disagrees

More "soft" play from the Finals. But cool story these guys would be scared of the 90's era

You mean those short skinny guys were going to get physical with a 6 9 260 lb freak the likes they have never seen? Not happening. Basketball players didn't even start lifting until the late 80s. No muscle tone on most, not all, of the older players. Not their fault, just not something they did. Physicality would not work against a guy that is way stronger than those players

• Haha
Reactions: wawasee
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT