ADVERTISEMENT

OT Clemson Fan Here / Notre Dame / Clemson / ACC

To all of you who took the time to respond, I truly appreciate it. I also got a bit of a kick out of the back and forth between Irish supporters. We all have disagreements. It’s what makes this a forum for independent thought and expression, so long as restricted to the topic of Notre Dame athletics.
We at Clemson have always respected Notre Dame. We had great games in 1977 and 1977, both of which I was an infant during. It was nice to get the chance to play in 2015, despite the weather and the tragedy that Friday before involving the four fans who perished in the airplane crash. At our seats in the West Zone this was a big topic as several Tiger boosters were flying into the airport minutes before the tragedy.
I was glad to finally get clarification that the NBC deal does not pay as well as a conference package. You guys would be shocked at how many people outside of Irish nation who get this wrong.
I had a blast with some guys I met in Dallas before and after the 2018 playoff game. Really cool folks that were good sports and great fans. Good luck to the Irish
Sad fact is that there are few classy programs and fan groups in CFB anymore. But then the coarsening of society itself is pretty bad. You guys keep it up; we have a few POS's here we have to chase off now and then.

Lifelong Clemson fan here. I am happy to have joined the premium Notre Dame rivals site. After the past few seasons I have found myself naturally more interested in Notre Dame athletics. This year especially, the ACC was truly privileged to have the Irish in the conference. We played a remarkable game in November and despite what you heard from national media, the win should not be diminished. Our QB threw for 400 yards, so that’s about all you can expect from a starter.

I am truly enjoying my new found interest in the Irish. While I have attended one game in South Bend before - Nevada -(2009?) it would have truly been special to see my tigers in South Bend this past year. Clemson people were really looking forward.
I know this question gets batted around a lot with ND membership status in the ACC. I wanted to know what the fans truly think. Would you like to play in the ACC? Or, do you like the independent status with NBC and some traditional, permanent rivals (USC, Navy, etc) mixed in with the home and home variable opponents? Would you prefer a conference, but not ours?

curious to hear your thoughts. Thanks again and I hope I am not stepping on any toes. I will be respectful while posting on this forum.
I would like to dump Navy. It takes a lot of time to change a defense that plays normal teams to now prepping for a triple option. I also would like to dump Stanford. It takes a lot out players to travel 3 tome zones to play a game. This way you go to the west coast every other year. Independence is nice. Last cut out the overseas games

I would like to dump Navy. It takes a lot of time to change a defense that plays normal teams to now prepping for a triple option. I also would like to dump Stanford. It takes a lot out players to travel 3 tome zones to play a game. This way you go to the west coast every other year. Independence is nice. Last cut out the overseas games

Its all part of the Notre Dame tradition. Rockne, due to the snub from the Big 10, decided to make ND a "national" team and play from coast to coast. So that is what we continue to be ... in all sports now. As for Navy, our promise is that we'd play them for as long as THEY want to keep playing us as thanks for their keeping us afloat during WWII.

Reactions: tbonesays

You're kidding, right? These young men are physically conditioned about as well as anybody. And they have difficulty sitting on a plane for a few hours?

Jack's philosophy is to play a game out West every year .

I'm not saying it's right or wrong just saying what it is.

Over the past 25 years, we have played at Arizona St. (twice), Washington (twice) and UCLA, in addition to our games with USC and Stanford. It is not that big of a deal.

It makes sense. But is it paying known dividends in recruiting? With SC on Heltonbation why isn't our Cali recruiting at an all time high?

@NDSMC78 we played a home game against ASU in Dallas 🤠

Fun reading your toying with those guys Bodster. Stay cool and safe.

Thanks Ara.. Just using some Sun Tzu wisdom !

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Ha, there you go wasting your time on me again.
I am the GREATEST Notre Dame fan who ever graced this fantastic planet ! Deal with it !

If you're the greatest ND fan, why does your avatar show a Wisconsin player?

You have less than 1000 posts. Not even close to being the greatest. Sorry

I use BOLD type which multiplys my count number by 100 fold. In ancient Sparta the one who was loudest always won the argument !

Messenger: This is madness!!
King Leonidas: Madness? THIS IS SPARTA!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT