ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Baylor vs Colorado(-1.5 fav) @ 5pm PT

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
Whose watching this game today?

Baylor is ranked in the 40s in F+ and Colorado is ranked in the 70s.

Will be a good test of where the Colorado program is right now in year 1.25 of the Coach Prime era

I took the over on this game because these teams can't stop anyone. But I read where it might rain and slow down the scoring.

This Shedeur kid is a lot of fun to watch. I normally dont gush over the intangibles but Prime's son is a warrior with ALL of the intangibles. He's overshadowing a monster in fellow teammate/top NFL prospect Travis Hunter.

NOW THAT is what you call an ascending football program.

Just 2 seasons ago this was literally one of the very worst teams in college football and they just knocked off a legit top 50 team in F+.

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
NOW THAT is what you call an ascending football program.

Just 2 seasons ago this was literally one of the very worst teams in college football and they just knocked off a legit top 50 team in F+.
They will win 5 or 6 games this year. And after after Qb leaves this year, they are screwed

They will win 5 or 6 games this year. And after after Qb leaves this year, they are screwed
With the hype/media circus/ratings/sellouts surrounding coach Prime, and with the development of his son into a first round QB talent, and with all of the WRs they attract there, it wont be long before they have a top prospect/elite transfer at the position.

And this Colorado offense with Shedeur Sanders and Travis Hunter is becoming weekly must watch TV.

With the hype/media circus/ratings/sellouts surrounding coach Prime, and with the development of his son into a first round QB talent, and with all of the WRs they attract there, it wont be long before they have a top prospect/elite transfer at the position.
Yes it will. They recruit terribly. And they have no one on the roster behind him that's any good. They are in trouble next year. I'm not sure Deion will be there. He knows what's coming.

Winning 4 and 6 games with 2 fist rounders. They won't be able to get anyone as good as those 2. He's lucky he has his son

Reactions: tbonesays
Yes it will. They recruit terribly. And they have no one on the roster behind him that's any good. They are in trouble next year. I'm not sure Deion will be there. He knows what's coming.

Winning 4 and 6 games with 2 fist rounders. They won't be able to get anyone as good as those 2. He's lucky he has his son
Why are you such a hater on Deion Sanders?

If Colorado has a good season, coach prime will probably be extended or at least leverage his fast turnaround of the Colorado football program into a better job elsewhere.

But if he stays he'll attract top QB talent there especially with a good season that he can sell as "ascending program" on the recruiting trail.

I also think Coach Prime is using an entirely different approach to his roster building (HEAVY use of the transfer portal, mixed in with elite prospects on the recruiting trail). His program at HBCU was similar, they had a bunch of FBS castoffs/imports on their roster there, who turned their careers around quickly. I think he's doing the same thing at Colorado. I think coach Prime prefers a roster full of veteran players that can get wins NOW compared to commitment of developing 18 year olds over 4 years.

Despite the ho-hum recruiting (which could be by strategy), Coach Prime has improved the overall talent on the roster in team talent composite from 80s in 2022 to 35 in 2023 to 31 in 2024 because of the talent they've gotten in the transfer portal.

If Colorado has a good season, coach prime will probably be extended or at least leverage his fast turnaround of the Colorado football program into a better job elsewhere.

But if he stays he'll attract top QB talent there especially with a good season that he can sell as "ascending program" on the recruiting trail.

I also think Coach Prime is using an entirely different approach to his roster building (HEAVY use of the transfer portal, mixed in with elite prospects on the recruiting trail). His program at HBCU was similar, they had a bunch of FBS castoffs/imports on their roster there, who turned their careers around quickly. I think he's doing the same thing at Colorado. I think coach Prime prefers a roster full of veteran players that can get wins NOW compared to commitment of developing 18 year olds over 4 years.

Despite the ho-hum recruiting (which could be by strategy), Coach Prime has improved the overall talent on the roster in team talent composite from 80s in 2022 to 35 in 2023 to 31 in 2024 because of the talent they've gotten in the transfer portal.
He's not attracting any high school Qbs and there won't be a qb in the portal nearly as good as his son.

If you are going by his roster talent, wouldn't you then agree going 4 and 8 with the 35th most talented roster was a bad coaching job?

He's not attracting any high school Qbs and there won't be a qb in the portal nearly as good as his son.

If you are going by his roster talent, wouldn't you then agree going 4 and 8 with the 35th most talented roster was a bad coaching job?
I think a team that is tenured in their scheme/system/program is better equipped to win football games than a team mashed together with total randomness. So in year 1, i think you take the talent improvement win at Colorado, but not necessarily hold the program up to competing to the level of its talent in a year 1.

I also think you gotta give Coach Prime some time to adjust to the P4 level. He's literally in only year 2 at the highest level of college football. His previous coaching career was at youth level to HBCU level. He's also learning on the job and its unclear what his potential as a HC is but its likely he'll be a better coach in year 2 than year 1, etc.

I think a team that is tenured in their scheme/system/program is better equipped to win football games than a team mashed together with total randomness. So in year 1, i think you take the talent improvement win at Colorado, but not necessarily hold the program up to competing to the level of its talent in a year 1.

I also think you gotta give Coach Prime a little leash to adjust to the P4 level. He's literally in only year 2 at the highest level of college football. His previous coaching career was at youth level to HBCU level. He's also learning on the job and its unclear what his potential as a HC is.
So his talent is now at 31. What is an acceptable season for you? What would be a bad year

So his talent is now at 31. What is an acceptable season for you? What would be a bad year
I think you evaluate coach prime like you would any other head coach

Is there progress from year 1, to year 2, to year 3, etc. ?

I thought he might be able to coach Colorado to a bowl game last season, but that was probably not realistic. He improved the program from 1 win in 2022, to 4 wins in 2023. I think a bowl game (6 win season or better) would be a good sign that the program is ascending.

I think you evaluate coach prime like you would any other head coach

Is there progress from year 1, to year 2, to year 3, etc. ?

I thought he might be able to coach Colorado to a bowl game last season, but that was probably not realistic. He improved the program from 1 win in 2022, to 4 wins in 2023. I think a bowl game (6 win season or better) would be a good sign that the program is ascending.
So 6 and 6 in year 2 with 31 overall talent and 2 top 10 nfl draft picks.... that's ascending. We agree to disagree. Because he's not going to get a better duo than these 2 at Colorado

So 6 and 6 in year 2 with 31 overall talent and 2 top 10 nfl draft picks.... that's ascending. We agree to disagree. Because he's not going to get a better duo than these 2 at Colorado
I think the talent is much closer aligned once you get past the top 20ish teams or so .. there's not a whole lot of separation between prospects that are ranked in the 2-3-(low 4 star) range (nor is there much separation between the teams ranked in the 30s/40s/50s etc.) so the correlation between talent rankings and performance rankings (F+) starts to get more skewed in the mid range of teams in college football.

In my opinion, the ways in which you would evaluate a blue blood at the highest levels of the sport is different than how you would evaluate a low-tier P4 team.

I think the talent is much closer aligned once you get past the top 20ish teams or so .. there's not a whole lot of separation between prospects that are ranked in the 2-3-(low 4 star) range (nor is there much separation between the teams ranked in the 30s/40s/50s etc.) so the correlation between talent rankings and performance rankings (F+) starts to get more skewed in the mid range of teams in college football.

In my opinion, the ways in which you would evaluate a blue blood at the highest levels of the sport is different than how you would evaluate a low-tier P4 team.
Let me expand on my point some more:

If Colorado has a 31st talent ranking, but a 55th F+ ranking, it wouldn't be as big a distance (or disappointment) compared to teams ranked at the highest levels of Team Talent Composite that underperform their talent.

At the highest levels of the sport, the data is more reliable because there's a lot more separation/higher standard deviation between quality of teams and rosters.

I also forgot to mention, re: deion sanders son

He came up as a mid 4 star talent, he wasn't some can't miss 5 star prospect or something.

He's been coached up to the player that he is, and he's been coached by his dad his entire career. This will also carry weight with potential QBs in the transfer portal or on the rec trail.

What a meltdown from Baylor. They missed a FG that would've won it, gave up the hail Mary, and then fumbled in OT at the goaline.

Deion's kid made a good Hail Mary throw but the Baylor defense played that terribly. They got caught watching the ball when they should've shifted toward that side of the end zone when Sanders was flushed out of the pocket. I was impressed the throw went as far as it was as I didn't think he had enough time to throw. Baylor made the right call to blitz but the safeties didn't do a good job on their end.

Colorado's fans rushing the field for beating a mediocre team is why they are hated so much. It's like when they rushes the field after beating Colorado State last year.

What a meltdown from Baylor. They missed a FG that would've won it, gave up the hail Mary, and then fumbled in OT at the goaline.

Deion's kid made a good Hail Mary throw but the Baylor defense played that terribly. They got caught watching the ball when they should've shifted toward that side of the end zone when Sanders was flushed out of the pocket. I was impressed the throw went as far as it was as I didn't think he had enough time to throw. Baylor made the right call to blitz but the safeties didn't do a good job on their end.

Colorado's fans rushing the field for beating a mediocre team is why they are hated so much. It's like when they rushes the field after beating Colorado State last year.
Baylor LOST this game
Colorado did not win it
But Chase his balls and company will drool anyway over the idiot
My question about the kid is not his talent which is huge
it is what is between the ears
honestly how much is he like his father?
Anyone thinking of drafting him has to consider that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT