ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs Michigan

iupjes2001

ND Expert
Sep 11, 2017
Ohio State looks good early, don't think Michigan can sleep walk through the first half and pull it out like that have. Makes the playoff picture interesting if Michigan loses.

:D:D looks like we made the same topic at the same exact time .. i tried deleting my topic but there's no option.

Reactions: iupjes2001
Hate having to root for either of these, but I think it’s in the Irish’s best interest for OSU to win. Michigan losing to the 10th ranked team in a close game keeps our SOS solid. Hate them both....yeesh....

copy-pasted from the topic i created:

This is basically a game for a playoff spot .. both of these teams would be highly favored in the big 10 championship game.

OSU is a super talented team. I remember a few years back people thought Urban Meyer was on the ropes and then OSU went on to completely dominate some really tough opponents down the stretch. Forgot the year .. but they might have even won the national title that season as well.

Right now Michigan has all the hype .. but don't sleep on this OSU team.

7-0 OSU in the first quarter.

:D:D looks like we made the same topic at the same exact time .. i tried deleting my topic but there's no option.
I did the same...Michigan looks disorganized and you're right about the talent level at Ohio State. I'm kind of rooting for Michigan to lose despite the playoff implications because who doesn't like to see that. As long as ND takes care of business they should be safe.

Hate having to root for either of these, but I think it’s in the Irish’s best interest for OSU to win. Michigan losing to the 10th ranked team in a close game keeps our SOS solid. Hate them both....yeesh....
Yeah....I think I'd enjoy Michigan getting beat more though...so we don't have to hear about them every 5 minutes still. Plus it's Michigan.

The Overrated Bowl.

tOSU needs to hit Patterson early, even take a personal if necessary, he can be rattled.

Michigan, Syracuse and Florida State -- there are two teams (M & FSU) I never thought I'd root for!

Nice win by VaTech -- they'll also go to a bowl after their Marshall game next week.

I'm wanting to see Michigan win, but not to benefit SOS. I just want to see what the heck the committee is going to do if Bama loses to UGA next week and who the committee will give that 4th spot too if UM and Bama are 12-1.

I'm wanting to see Michigan win, but not to benefit SOS. I just want to see what the heck the committee is going to do if Bama loses to UGA next week and who the committee will give that 4th spot too if UM and Bama are 12-1.

Really?

seriously?

If anything is overrated it's Michigan's defense, OSU/ND are different animals than the Minnesota's of the world.

If anything is overrated it's Michigan's defense, OSU/ND is a little different animal than the Minnesota's of the world.
What about the great corners we were hearing about! Looks like the same stiffs that the ND wide receivers took apart. Zero for Bo!

If anything is overrated it's Michigan's defense, OSU/ND is a little different animal than the Minnesota's of the world.
Yep...osu looks much faster than Michigan as far as team speed. Michigan's defense would give up 40 against any playoff offense

Shea Patterson doesn't look any better than he did in the season opener. Michigan looks beat already.

Michigan looks slow and plodding. No imagination on offense at all. Maybe that will change as the game goes on, but if Michigan played Alabama on a neutral field, 'Bama wins by 4 touchdowns, easily.

I wonder how high the committee will move OSU up if they continue beating Michigan. Hope to hell it's not #4. Also getting tired of the announcers going on about Urban's health issues

Good thing....At least Michigan got to supply the refs today!
Yeah...I was thinking penalties were going to be a commentary after the game. Also, Ohio State is giving them back the game. I've never seen a kickoff like that in my life. Just dumb plays handing Michigan points.

Love the commentary!! Totally called out the Michigan secondary and defensive philosophy. Might as well have said "commit pass interference on every play and count on refs to overlook it".

Ohio states receivers are running past the Michigan defense like its a high school team.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Are you watching the game? The calls are correct.
Sure am. With these refs Julian Love would be called three times a game. Can't stand either team but this is overboard. Some of the calls have been right, bit definitely not all.

Sure am. With these refs Julian Love would be called three times a game. Can't stand either team but this is overboard. Some of the calls have been right, bit definitely not all.
? If you're beat you can't grab the receiver before the ball gets there, I would expect them to call it everytime. Michigan is too slow to keep up with OSU's receivers that's been the problem soo far.

Well Bama and Clemson and even UGA have no shortage of fast WR’s

If we had Book and William's in that game I think we would have blown them out.
We pretty much did but called off the dogs in the second half. The game was never in question. Long just had wimbush stop throwing for the fear of throwing ints

Urban Meyer would be doing much better if they would try to stop making haskins into a running qb. Michigan is getting burned by the receiver on every play. He brings Tate Martel in on the goal line and has to kick a field goal every time.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT