ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting On 2025 TE commit Nate Roberts

Tyler James

I've posted how many times?
Staff
Dec 31, 2021
I wanted to get some more information before bringing this to the board, and now we've reached that point.

I don't anticipate 2025 tight end Nate Roberts staying committed to Notre Dame much longer. It's pretty surprising that it's gotten to this point less than two months after he verbally committed to the Irish, but here we are.

Oklahoma has been continuing to make a big push for him, and he started reporting other scholarship offers from Nebraska and Florida recently.

Oklahoma head coach Brent Venables even name dropped Roberts' high school as one that uses multiple tight ends in formations during his Aug. 1 press conference. Roberts was also working out with Oklahoma 2025 QB commit Kevin Sperry recently. The two live within an hour from each other and Norman is about in the middle of them.

I'm not certain that Roberts will immediately flip to Oklahoma. My guess is he backs off his commitment and does some re-evaluating.

Notre Dame shouldn't struggle to replace Roberts as ND legacy James Flanigan is someone the Irish are in good shape for as well. But Flanigan isn't as highly ranked as Roberts.

Once Notre Dame was unable to get two tight ends in the 2024 class, it seemed like the Irish would definitely go for two of them in the 2025 class. Maybe that's rubbed Roberts the wrong way. We'll see if he wants to address that at some point. I found it interesting that in the last couple months Flanigan was being referenced as an athlete rather than a definite tight end in Notre Dame circles. Given the situation, it seems like maybe that was an attempt to appease to Roberts.

As always, please keep this premium information here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News