ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND vs. Cuse thread

The offense has not been at all impressive today. Against or Alabama they'd have maybe 10 points of offense... Again, I care about results. That's it.

What do you mean results? they have 29 pts and nearly 400 yards of offense before the 4th quarter.. Ian Book is having another heisman level type of performance (60%, 300 yards, 2 Tds). Run game has been stiff but offense has had no problem moving the ball all day (except for that last possession).

Reactions: notredamerises23
Huh? One five star player out of high school you mean? How many of these guys are 5-stars now, when it matters? Your posts have been awful to read, go shovel snow

That's my point. The defense have developed and over achieved. They're excellent despite the fact that they don't have a group of kids that were ranked top 100 in their class... That's a testament to how good they've been, not the opposite.

I don't understand your concern they have excellent coaches on that side of ball that are getting the most out of their players.

What do you mean results? they have 29 pts and nearly 400 yards of offense before the 4th quarter.. Ian Book is putting up another heisman performance (60%, 300 yards, 2 Tds). Run game has been stiff but offense has had no problem moving the ball all day (except for that last possession).

Results means points. 29 is pedestrian with the way the defense has played all day.

That's my point. The defense have developed and over achieved. They're excellent despite the fact that they don't have a group of kids that were ranked top 100 in their class... That's a testament to how good they've been, not the opposite.

I don't understand your concern they have excellent coaches on that side of ball that are getting the most out of their players.

The defense hasn't lost any key players to injury this year ...

If they had normal injury attrition they would need more than really great player development on that side of the ball in order to maintain the top 5-7 defense they've been this year.

If Brandon was even 75% of Ian as a passer, he'd be unstoppable. Jesus he can make a play with his legs. It's a shame that he doesn't have Ian's arm.

I'll take pedestrian 29-0 every freakin' week!

29 vs Syracuse with the penalties, misplays and lack of a running game equals a 35-14 loss to Clemson in a playoff game.

I'm not being critical of a 29 point lead. I'm being critical of the poor execution vs a bad team, which equals to a loss vs a great team (which is what ND will face in the playoffs).

Reactions: chaseball
If Brandon was even 75% of Ian as a passer, he'd be unstoppable. Jesus he can make a play with his legs. It's a shame that he doesn't have Ian's arm.
How about a play where Wimbush runs in with Ian who flanks out and then BW runs the offense... is there a way to get him in more!

29 vs Syracuse with the penalties, misplays and lack of a running game equals a 35-14 loss to Clemson in a playoff game.

I'm not being critical of a 29 point lead. I'm being critical of the poor execution vs a bad team, which equals to a loss vs a great team (which is what ND will face in the playoffs).
Bad team? We are making them look bad?

29 vs Syrcause with the penalties, misplays and lack of a running game equals a 35-14 loss to Clemson in a playoff game.

The offense didn't finish drives as well as they should have .. but they moved the ball efficiently. "caring only about results" isn't evaluating the performance with the proper amount of nuance.

NDs offense has been good/efficient, but will need to finish drives better vs elite teams in the playoff. No doubt.

Reactions: PHJIndy

Syracuse is ranked in the 30-40s in most comprehensive ranking systems/formulas. They are no where near the 12th ranked team. Plus they lost their starting QB earlier in the game.

29 vs Syrcause with the penalties, misplays and lack of a running game equals a 35-14 loss to Clemson in a playoff game.

Horsefeathers! Just because they missed a few opportunities doesn't mean they're dog meat. I know that you know better than to judge any team on one game but this is as one sided as it gets. Dexter just scored, btw. 36-0 now!

There we go!

Credit where it's due. Much friggen better boys! Be ruthless. You don't win national championships any other way.

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Why do you reference recruiting rankings when they mean Jack shit? The defense is clearly the more talented side with 3-4 potential first rounders. Don't understand why your consistently comparing the two sides? Over achieved based on your rivals rankings? Get out

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Horsefeathers! Just because they missed a few opportunities doesn't mean they're dog meat. I know that you know better than to judge any team on one game but this is as one sided as it gets. Dexter just scored, btw. 36-0 now!

Again, you're missing my point. I'm not complaining about the win, I'm suggesting that it will look nothing like this against a playoff team. Syracuse's defense is exhausted. Dungey getting knocked out of the game hurt them a lot and the defense is smothering folks.

Sharp execution is key!

Why do you reference recruiting rankings when they mean Jack shit? The defense is clearly the more talented side with 3-4 potential first rounders. Don't understand why your consistently comparing the two sides? Over achieved based on your rivals rankings? Get out

He's suggesting the exact opposite (defense is performing elitely despite not having top 100 recruits).

There we go!

Credit where it's due. Much friggen better boys! Be ruthless. You don't win national championships any other way.

So...it’s only acceptable as a game performance when Williams breaks a run in garbage time?

Whether he scored or not wouldn’t have changed how the Irish controlled this game from the first snap against a pretty good team. It has been an utterly dominant game as there was not ONE moment when you thought Syracuse even had a chance.

They're highly overrated. They've beat nobody. They're getting all the credit for hanging close to Clemson in a game where Lawrence was knocked out of his first start in the 2nd quarter the week Bryant announced he was transferring.

ND is smothering them, but do you honestly believe this is the #12 team in the country?

So...it’s only acceptable as a game performance when Williams breaks a run in garbage time?

Whether he scored or not wouldn’t have changed how the Irish controlled this game from the first snap against a pretty good team. It has been an utterly dominant game as there was not ONE moment when you thought Syracuse even had a chance.

All I care about is if this offensive performance would have controlled Clemson and their defensive line. Syracuse is a nameless, faceless, opponent.

It's a convincing win. Just not a sharp one. If you want to extrapolate this performance and suggest it would mean the same result against a good team, be my guest.

They're highly overrated. They've beat nobody. They're getting all the credit for hanging close to Clemson in a game where Lawrence was knocked out of his first start in the 2nd quarter the week Bryant announced he was transferring.

ND is smothering them, but do you honestly believe this is the #12 team in the country?
You didn't believe that before the game, did you? Tell the truth. You need to chill and enjoy this game and this season!

He's suggesting the exact opposite (defense is performing elitely despite not having top 100 recruits).[/QUOTE
We all know the D was a more talented, better side coming into the year. My point is, why would you reference high school rankings from 3-4 years ago with "one 5 star" when there are clearly 5-6 "5 stars" on this D. Outperforming is his opinion

OMG, "Cuse scored and now it's ONLY 36-3! We're doomed I tell you! We don't have a chance in the playoffs!
Wake up Irish fans this is a very good football team and they're one win away from playing in the championship playoffs!
Enjoy it!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT