ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND v. Marshall Game Day Thread

ND’s issues cannot be fixed quickly. They have no playmakers. None. Every skill player is average. Still too early to call out MF. But from a player perspective, they need to step it up

Nd will win this game, possibly easily. But what the heck is happening. You have ( I thought) one of the best o-lines in the country with the D-line not far behind. What is going on?

• Haha
Reactions: goherd24
This is all mental. Not physical. I think both the O and D are a little too eager to make a play. Mentally they need to slow down and get settled. The 2nd half will say a lot. The message Coach Freeman should give this team is to just play ASSIGNMENT FOOTBALL. Just do your job and the scoreboard will take care of itself.

• Haha
I don’t want to judge prematurely and negatively. But I’m starting to doubt Freeman. This is not looking like a well coached team.

A coach is a CEO, a program manager 1st. Not as easy as it seems. Freeman does not have this experience and was a long shot to begin with…much like the Weis experiment.

I get ND isn’t AL, GA, OSU talent. But surely should be top 15 if not top 10. And should be greater than the sum of the parts, but isn’t.

This is on Freeman for me. I hope I’m wrong.

The DL and OL are getting whipped. Pretty ugly. Blitz’s don’t get home. Lots to fix here for sure. This line has digressed.

Like I said earlier in the week. Marshall beat the same team week one that Toledo did last year. ND looked like a stinker in that one too. Marshall has better players than Toledo. This could be a problem. ND always sucks against a supposedly undermatched opponent in their home opener.

Nd will win this game, possibly easily. But what the heck is happening. You have ( I thought) one of the best o-lines in the country with the D-line not far behind. What is going on?
I'm asking the same. Both lines are being physically beaten. I have no words

The DL and OL are getting whipped. Pretty ugly. Blitz’s don’t get home. Lots to fix here for sure. This line has digressed.
I have never seen a team like ND that when we blitz it doesn't get home or the blitzer gets picked up easily. THis has been going on for a few years now.

Just rewatched some first half focusing on dline and lbs

Dline is giving minimal effort and jayson is getting blown up at times, we have a quick D line now powerful yet it’s like the plan is for our dline to stand up oline and lbs to make tackles…. Lbs miss their gap a lot especially jd. Dline should be splitting oline, that’s what they

foskey is giving no effort

the effort and output of the lines is embarrassing and shocking. It’s one thing to make mistakes, another to get blown up … very shocking freeman can’t get his team to play hard

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Ok you find yourself transformed in to the Head Coach of ND about to give the players the 2nd Half talk… is it fire and brimstone or are you coddling them?
Beyond fire… they are getting pushed around, F making mistakes, y’all getting bullied both lines by Marshall

season and freeman are done if they lose this game… obviously freeman won’t be fired anytime soon but recruiting will take a hit and losing this game will mean our staff is atrocious

Wow. As much pressure as Marshmellows and Ballerinas. We got lucky on 3rd Down there.

Glad to see that fair catching a punt is still in the play book. I was worried that we might try something to improve field position.

Notre Dame could win this game in street clothes, but man you are doing a good job making it look hard. Maybe just too confident today.

• Haha
Marshmallow Defense pushing this line around! Top ten team …..really….more like bottom tier MAC!

Reactions: 3ZSDAD
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT