ADVERTISEMENT

Nyles Morgan: Keeping it Simple . . .

IRISHJD98

Posts Like A Champion
Jun 22, 2007
Chicago
A man with few words for stupid questions. I think this is hilarious. Especially at 2:35 and around the 4:00 mark.

Survive annoying game week interview - check.

Reactions: Bodizephax
You gotta love those dumbass questions.

Like this running back are you scared of his speed? They're all ****ing ****ing fast. I just catch them.

Love it

I like the way he handled Jack Nolan's question about motion "You just move with it".

But even better was the subtle way - in answering Nolan's next question - he followed up on Nolan's smug and incredulous comment, which drew a smarmy chuckle from his fellow reporters, about how "Alright, I'll keep an eye on that Saturday."

So when Nolan asked,"Does NC State's offense remind you of anybody's?, I thought his response (paraphrased) about "Yeah, ours, with all the shifts and motions, we kinda played against all those motions and shifts, you know kinda all summer" was pretty clever way to handle it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88ND and Bodizephax
I like the way he handled Jack Nolan's question about motion "You just move with it".

But even better was the way subtle way - in answering Nolans next question - he followed up on Nolan's smug and incredulous comment, which drew a smarmy chuckle from his fellow reporters, about how "Alright, I'll keep an eye on that Saturday."

So when Nolan asked,"Does NC State's offense remind you of anybody's?, I thought his response (paraphrased) about "Yeah, ours, with all the shifts and motions, we kinda played against all those motions and shift, you know kinda all summer" was pretty clever way to handle it.

I had noticed this interview yesterday. Morgan may be a cyborg too. When asked what he does when the offensive player in front of him goes in motion--Nyles said he follows the player in motion. Very funny stuff !!

Reactions: IRISHJD98
I had noticed this interview yesterday. Morgan may be a cyborg too. When asked what he does when the offensive player in front of him goes in motion--Nyles said he follows the player in motion. Very funny stuff !!
I think the questions themselves are so absurd. Who do they have asking them? Cricket and tennis reporters? Boxing reporters?

It's like...nyles, exactly what shape would you consider the football to be? Oblong or oval?

When you stop the running back for no gain does it feel like a sense of accomplishment?

When you stop the other team on third down are you relieved or satisfied?

Did you ever think about having a cigarette in the huddle? If so was it because the running back was really fast from film?

Seriously WTF and HTF

I don't know why they even bother letting the players take questions from the media .. the players are not at liberty to give a single personal thought on any issue. The players are instructed to spout cliche after cliche which makes the entire point of these interviews futile.

reporter: so what are your thoughts on the playoff hype your team is receiving?
player: we just want to get better everyday

reporter: what color is the sky?
player: we just try to prepare harder and get better everyday

reporter: what is the culture around campus now that ND is back?
player: we just attack our preparation harder everyday

etc. etc. etc.

as a fan of the football program, we are not allowed to get any insight into what motivates the players, what makes them tick, what gets them up everyday, what their interests are, what their feelings are, etc. etc. etc.

I give a lot of credit to the beat for trying to phrase ANYTHING in a way that will get a player to offer some individuality in their responses...but it's all for not.

Last edited:
Reactions: BGI User 1596
as a fan of the football program, we are not allowed to get any insight into what motivates the players, what makes them tick, what gets them up everyday, what their interests are, what their feelings are, etc. etc. etc.

I give a lot of credit to the beat for trying to phrase ANYTHING in a way that will get a player to offer some individuality in their responses...but it's all for not.

These guys don't need the media running with more stories about how they are inspired by their dead non-existent girlfriends that turn out to be a dude or an actual girlfriend that turns out to be an ex.

Personally, I'm glad these players are getting a Miranda warning about dealing with the media. Sports info guys are finally doing their job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodizephax
My niece's husband played 8 years in the NFL. Always says the worst part of it was having to deal with the media.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
Same questions over and over again. The redundancy must be maddening at times. Lol

These guys don't need the media running with more stories about how they are inspired by their dead non-existent girlfriends that turn out to be a dude or an actual girlfriend that turns out to be an ex.

Personally, I'm glad these players are getting a Miranda warning about dealing with the media. Sports info guys are finally doing their job.

What's the point of letting them speak to the media then? The beat gets nothing out of it, the fans get nothing out of it, and it's a colossal waste of the players time.

What's the point of letting them speak to the media then? The beat gets nothing out of it, the fans get nothing out of it, and it's a colossal waste of the players time.

I wouldn't say that the beat guys and fans don't get anything out of it. Most fans aren't dropping in on fan sites like this on a daily basis. And the beat reporters are getting quotes for their main story of the week, which they've pretty much already drafted going into the Q&A. The players get experience answering questions from the media in a controlled environment, which should help some later in the season when the demand for serious interviews increases, or when they go through interviews and have to think on their feet in the combine, and so on.

Reactions: chaseball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT