ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Virginia Tech predictions !

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Notre Dame 52 to 14 over Vtech ! ND will want vengeance for 2016 and they have just the players to do it. Dexter may run for over 300 yards ! Book it ! Blacksberg's 35,000 sorry fans will leave early !
One game at a time ! Go Irish !

Reactions: IRISHJD98
Wow, you guys are expecting big things this week. I think we're clearly the better team, and if we were at home, I'd agree that it'd be a 3-4 td victory. This will be Book's first experience in a hostile environment, so I'm expecting a couple mistakes out of him. Throw in a big special teams play, which VT always seems to do in big games, and you have a recipe for a tight game.

ND 24
VT 21

Wow, you guys are expecting big things this week. I think we're clearly the better team, and if we were at home, I'd agree that it'd be a 3-4 td victory. This will be Book's first experience in a hostile environment, so I'm expecting a couple mistakes out of him. Throw in a big special teams play, which VT always seems to do in big games, and you have a recipe for a tight game.

ND 24
VT 21
Ian Book was at Miami last season, so, the V Tech game will not be his first hostile environment game.

I think they block one our punts for a score. We need to get off to good start offensively and if we do we should be able to put them away

Ian went 3/6 33yrds 0TD 1INT at Miami......
Yep, but, that evening should be a learning experience for Ian and the other players who were at Miami that night. Since Ian was there, and played, he now has experienced a hostile situation.

VT defense is not very good (see old dominion game) and their offense suffered a big blow by losing their QB. They may make it hard fought and entertaining for a quarter, but then I expect the Irish to separate big time. I'm saying 42-6 ND.

Reactions: Bodizephax
VT defense is not very good (see old dominion game) and their offense suffered a big blow by losing their QB. They may make it hard fought and entertaining for a quarter, but then I expect the Irish to separate big time. I'm saying 42-6 ND.
You are so correct sir ! This is not Frank Beamers Vtech ! And 35,000 seat Vtech stadium is no Death Valley ! Go Irish !

Reactions: Irishbird1978
Just look in the eyes of BK and IB. If there is the deer in the headlights look then we are in trouble. I think/feel/hope that BK is over that look. The glimpses of the locker room speeches he has given he looks focused, hopefully the team follows suit.

No deer in the headlights.

ND-41
vt-24

Reactions: Bodizephax
Just look in the eyes of BK and IB. If there is the deer in the headlights look then we are in trouble. I think/feel/hope that BK is over that look. The glimpses of the locker room speeches he has given he looks focused, hopefully the team follows suit.

No deer in the headlights.

I believe this years team is bada$$ !! They look at Coach Kelly as their Auntie. And Woe unto those who scare their Auntie !

I hate making predictions but I'll give it a shot...

I'll say ND leads 17-14 at half, before winning 34-24 on a game sealing Dexter Williams touchdown run, after ND gets an interception in Va Tech territory.

unless the ND defense really lays an egg i just don't see the va tech offense having much success at all.

Reactions: NDlb46
50% chance we win big- 31-16
20% chance we win in a dog fight- 24-21
20 chance we lose in a dog fight 24-21
10% chance we get our asses kicked 35-7

Reactions: DillonDomer
Yep, but, that evening should be a learning experience for Ian and the other players who were at Miami that night. Since Ian was there, and played, he now has experienced a hostile situation.
Ball State won big in conference with a 52 to 24 win over Kent State. I still think they will win the MAC. They are not as bad as you said they were.

Taking that raucous crowd into consideration, I think this will be close throughout. We may have to gut out a comeback. Irish late td covers the spread. ND-33
VPI-23

Taking that raucous crowd into consideration, I think this will be close throughout. We may have to gut out a comeback. Irish late td covers the spread. ND-33
VPI-23
What’s the spread? -6 right???

Ball State won big in conference with a 52 to 24 win over Kent State. I still think they will win the MAC. They are not as bad as you said they were.
Kent State has one win this season and that was against Howard on opening day. Kent State isn't a barometer for anything. Conference play has basically just started so Ball State is undefeated in the MAC West after one conference game. They are 2-3 over all. Ball State isn't even in the same football stratosphere as ND. That close game was unnecessary and wouldn't happen now. All the writers who follow MAC football and the coaches in the MAC had Ball State as a bottom dweller. After five games, BSU is putting up decent numbers nation wide except for Scoring Offense and Total Defense. Those two categories are kind of important in conference play. Let's see how this plays out.

Reactions: ohio1980
ND - 29
VT - 24
Go Irish
ShockedHarmlessGerbil-size_restricted.gif

VPI-23
42 to 14 ND . Notre Dame gets ahead early and never looks back

The Miami gameplan last year was horrible. I don’t think Joe Montana would have overcome the poor planning. I think the team learned from but VT has some fight in them. D line will likely abuse another QB. 37 21 ND

You have 3 scenarios for victory on the road when you have a really good team and the opponent has a good team as well.

#1 You punch first, score early, score often and take the crowd out of the game and the fight out of the opponent. *very rare on the road vs Top 25 teams.

#2 You settle in to a close competitive game early on and then impose your superiority later in the game. ND vs OU in 2012 or ND vs MSU 2017

#3 You get hit for a quick score, then your offense goes 3 & Out. You are down 7-0, the other guys have the ball and are driving with all the momentum and trying to go up 14-0 and the crowd is rocking.

You survive the early rush, hold them to a Field Goal, then your offense gets the ball back and scores a TD, now you are down only 10-7 and have avoided a disaster like last year at Miami or the BCS Championship game vs Alabama.

My guess this week is scenario #2 will play out and ND will make a few more plays late thanks to the QB and pull out a tough game. *See Citrus Bowl from last year*

The Miami gameplan last year was horrible. I don’t think Joe Montana would have overcome the poor planning. I think the team learned from but VT has some fight in them. D line will likely abuse another QB. 37 21 ND

Vince Lombardi, Knute Rockne, Tom Landry and Bill Belichick could not put a game plan together to get Winbush over the finish line in that game.

That game had nothing to do with game planning and every thing to do with the play of the QB.

Vince Lombardi, Knute Rockne, Tom Landry and Bill Belichick could not put a game plan together to get Winbush over the finish line in that game.

That game had nothing to do with game planning and every thing to do with the play of the QB.
I disagree. The defense didn’t show up either. No one did. No one made any big plays. Miami whipped is in all phases.

Going to be a tough game. V Tech will be ready. However , ND will also be ready. I think it will be close for 3 quarters. In the end the Irish pull away.

ND 36 VT 20

ND will need to avoid the Kelly era pitfalls and begin a high impact road game slow (and there are many examples).
If they can do that and withstand VA Tech's initial punch, I see ND 35 VA Tech 16

I read they are also starting a QB who they accepted as a walk on. Know if that’s true?
He is a transfer from Kansas. They had no schollies to give but wanted him as a walk-on. He broke Kansas passing records as a Freshman, then eventually lost his starting job because of injuries. Charlie Weis recruited him at Kansas. He's no bum. The kid can apparently play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT