ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Stanford predictions.

Stanford has the athletes to compete and Shaw has ND’s number. I like the Irish to win 27-20 but anyone that thinks Irish will somehow blow this team out needs to revisit the ball st and vandy tape. I wish it all went away w the dominant performance against Wake but let’s not kid ourselves. This will be a battle.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
24/7? I had one post at 8pm PST on Monday, and another at 11pm on Tuesday. Hardly 24/7.

Look, you posted a misleading, truncated quote, and got caught. Just admit it and move on.
Let’s be honest here. Shaw did in fact say what you quoted, and Stanford does have historical rivalries in conference for sure. And I agree that winning the PAC 12 is the priority for Stanford. That said, there’s no way that playing Cal or UCLA or Washington compares as a rivalry game today with playing ND, and neither Oregon or USC would either if not for the PAC 12 title implications. I think it is fair to say that playing ND at ND with both teams in the top eight will be the most emotional game of the season for Stanford except for,the PAC 12 title game.

Let’s be honest here. Shaw did in fact say what you quoted, and Stanford does have historical rivalries in conference for sure. And I agree that winning the PAC 12 is the priority for Stanford. That said, there’s no way that playing Cal or UCLA or Washington compares as a rivalry game today with playing ND, and neither Oregon or USC would either if not for the PAC 12 title implications. I think it is fair to say that playing ND at ND with both teams in the top eight will be the most emotional game of the season for Stanford except for,the PAC 12 title game.

Fair enough. That could be the case in this particular year. But Cal will always be our biggest rival. Any Stanford fan will tell you that. On our boards, we rarely talk about Notre Dame other than the week we play them. We talk about Cal at all times.

“Look, you posted a misleading, truncated quote, and got caught. Just admit it and move on.”

How did I get caught again? U say that “certainly Shaw and the players don’t think that way”, then I post a direct quote from Shaw about how the players grew up watching and “not liking them”, and I’m being misleading? Did he say that the Stanford players grew up watching and not liking the other five? The ND game is circled whether you want to admit it or not. Just ask Shaw.

ESPN just ran a stat that said the '47 team is faster the the 2018 team, but they are not as fast as the 1936 team.

“Look, you posted a misleading, truncated quote, and got caught. Just admit it and move on.”

How did I get caught again? U say that “certainly Shaw and the players don’t think that way”, then I post a direct quote from Shaw about how the players grew up watching and “not liking them”, and I’m being misleading? Did he say that the Stanford players grew up watching and not liking the other five? The ND game is circled whether you want to admit it or not. Just ask Shaw.

You know what you did. You cropped Shaw's statement, and then compounded that by not providing a link. You left out the "six teams" portion of what Shaw said because it would have undermined the point you were trying to make.

You choose not to admit it, so be it. I am nothing more to say on this, so you can have the last word.

Reactions: ivan brunetti
Fair enough. That could be the case in this particular year. But Cal will always be our biggest rival. Any Stanford fan will tell you that. On our boards, we rarely talk about Notre Dame other than the week we play them. We talk about Cal at all times.
Cal....that is funny.

Reactions: francade
Look for the hitman also known as Jalen Elliott to have his best game. So impressed with his development under terry Joseph. Safety play is a key to this game. I would love to see him rock that pretty boy receiver they have early and often.

“You know what you did. Youcropped Shaw's statement, and thencompounded that by not providing a link.”

Lol, you’re off the rails, dude. I simply responded to your bullshit comment about how ND is just another game for Stanford. It’s not, but it’s your and some rival fans MO on the subject. Visit the ND board and talk about how we’re insignificant in an effort to degrade the Irish. Irony at its best. You’re not original, just another geek that spends a lot of time on a supposed “non-rival’s” board. Good luck again in your ho-hum game tomoro night.

Reactions: spenna
There's quite a bit of room between "ND is Stanford's super bowl" and "ND is insignificant".

Cal is by far Stanford's biggest rival. And then probably some other PAC teams, like USC and Washington. ND is an important game because a win gives national recognition. But there is almost zero hate &/or heat.

“There's quite a bit of room between "ND is Stanford's super bowl" and "ND is insignificant".

Cal is by far Stanford's biggest rival. And then probably some other PAC teams, like USC and Washington. ND is an important game because a win gives national recognition. But there is almost zero hate &/or heat.”

Ah yes, another one of the rival fans that are here constantly, yet tell us how unimportant we are. Your post is laughable. Week 1 still smarts I guess.

As a Notre Dame fan I’ve never considered Stanford much of a rivalry, although now that the games have been played every year, it has been heating up and will continue as long as the teams keep playing each other every year.

Reactions: spenna
When was Cal competitive lately?
I believe the Jeff Tedford era, but I could be wrong?
That aside there is no doubt California is Stanford biggest rival and a quality throne in Notre Dame's side

Last edited:
“There's quite a bit of room between "ND is Stanford's super bowl" and "ND is insignificant".

Cal is by far Stanford's biggest rival. And then probably some other PAC teams, like USC and Washington. ND is an important game because a win gives national recognition. But there is almost zero hate &/or heat.”

Ah yes, another one of the rival fans that are here constantly, yet tell us how unimportant we are. Your post is laughable. Week 1 still smarts I guess.

I didn't claim you are generally unimportant, dummy. You just aren't very important as a rival wrt Stanford.

“I didn't claim you are generally unimportant, dummy. You just aren't very important as a rival wrt Stanford.”

Sure you did, that’s what a few of you obsessed rival fans that are here constantly do. And if you think ND isn’t one of Stanford’s very biggest rivals, u’re the dumbass.

There's quite a bit of room between "ND is Stanford's super bowl" and "ND is insignificant".

Cal is by far Stanford's biggest rival. And then probably some other PAC teams, like USC and Washington. ND is an important game because a win gives national recognition. But there is almost zero hate &/or heat.

After the 2016 snoozefest Shaw answered the NBC reporter's question about his disappointment with something like "Well it was a typical hard fought Notre Dame-Stanford game." that shows Shaw expects it to be a very physically demanding and usually close game. That's when I realized that Stanford is the new Michigan.

hmm..most here know more about the teams than I do, but I still see this as an easy ND win against an overrated Stanford defense.
We will see my friend, but I dont want to feel a little over confident against a team that has played ND tough since 07'

Last edited:
“You know what you did. Youcropped Shaw's statement, and thencompounded that by not providing a link.”

Lol, you’re off the rails, dude. I simply responded to your bullshit comment about how ND is just another game for Stanford. It’s not, but it’s your and some rival fans MO on the subject. Visit the ND board and talk about how we’re insignificant in an effort to degrade the Irish. Irony at its best. You’re not original, just another geek that spends a lot of time on a supposed “non-rival’s” board. Good luck again in your ho-hum game tomoro night.
I have never liked Stanford. They have tried to disrespect what N D stands for more than once. And they need this game each year more than we do. From the heart I think Stanford is and always will be a punk school .

We will see my friend, but I dont want to feel a little over confident against a team that has played ND tough since 07'

Oh I would never take Stanford lightly. No one was more shocked then me when we beat them twice in one year. Fine program, solid coach (better then ours) I just think they aren't as strong as people think this year. But you wouldn't want to live on my football picks.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
I called for three close wins over Michigan, Ball State and Vanderbilt. And a blowout of Wake !

And I call a two score victory in the Stanford game !

Notre Dame 27 to 17 over Stanford.

The defense will dominate ! They will be able to tee off with the slow style of Stanford !

And Book will follow the coaching staffs instructions and improvise on occasion !

Bonus point ! Wimbush will score a touchdown ! Either running or most likely receiving !
BODI-----You are the BEST!!!! Nice!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT