ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Stanford predictions.

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
I called for three close wins over Michigan, Ball State and Vanderbilt. And a blowout of Wake !

And I call a two score victory in the Stanford game !

Notre Dame 27 to 17 over Stanford.

The defense will dominate ! They will be able to tee off with the slow style of Stanford !

And Book will follow the coaching staffs instructions and improvise on occasion !

Bonus point ! Wimbush will score a touchdown ! Either running or most likely receiving !

Reactions: BGI User 348
Not since 2006 has ND blown out Stanford so that would be huge.

Notre Dame 35
Stanford 28
i'll take it but would be stunned if stanford scored that much unless they got a score in the return game or a nd turnover. i love the ND defense against their offense.

i'll take it but would be stunned if stanford scored that much unless they got a score in the return game or a nd turnover. i love the ND defense against their offense.
I like NDs defensive as well, but Shaw is a hell of a coach, and an excellent motivator.

I called for three close wins over Michigan, Ball State and Vanderbilt. And a blowout of Wake !

And I call a two score victory in the Stanford game !

Notre Dame 27 to 17 over Stanford.

The defense will dominate ! They will be able to tee off with the slow style of Stanford !

And Book will follow the coaching staffs instructions and improvise on occasion !

Bonus point ! Wimbush will score a touchdown ! Either running or most likely receiving !
I agree with my brudda from anoda mudda except Wimbush scores as a QB in mop up

Reactions: Bodizephax
First, this is one game the irish really need to win. Brian Kelly has had a very tough time defeating Stanford. This is a very good Cardinal team with very good players on both sides of the ball. This is a huge game for both teams. With that said , I really like ND in this game. I think people are discounting how talented this team is. Also , when was the the last time an Irish defense put as much pressure on QBs with their front 4? This defense has an attitude and a swaggering haven’t seen in a long time. If Book can play within himself and just get the ball to the playmakers, I think ND can win big. So I’m going out on a limb and say. ND 42. Stanford 17

Reactions: Bodizephax
First, this is one game the irish really need to win. Brian Kelly has had a very tough time defeating Stanford. This is a very good Cardinal team with very good players on both sides of the ball. This is a huge game for both teams. With that said , I really like ND in this game. I think people are discounting how talented this team is. Also , when was the the last time an Irish defense put as much pressure on QBs with their front 4? This defense has an attitude and a swaggering haven’t seen in a long time. If Book can play within himself and just get the ball to the playmakers, I think ND can win big. So I’m going out on a limb and say. ND 42. Stanford 17
That is a big number brother

I actually know less about what I expect from Stanford than what I expect from ND under Book.

ND’s OL started to put it together against Vandy & dominated last week. I think they will rough up Stanford’s DL. This will allow ND to run the ball, PA pass & work the RPO. ND should score points.
I also think ND’s defense is solid, not great, but very good. I only worry about the secondary now a little.

Stanford I just don’t know. Love hasn’t impressed me this year, but he will come out with everything he has against us.
They don’t have a precision pass game, but they have the ability to just throw it up to their three huge targets. That could be the difference on 3rd downs.
I think their wins have been sort of fool’s gold to this point. Blowing out SDSU & UCD mean nothing. They beat USC in a pretty ugly game in which neither team looked good. And the the Oregon game to me was more about Oregon pooping the bed than anything. If dude just crosses the goal line instead of kicking the pylon that game probably ends 45-14 or something along those lines.

But with all that said Shaw & Stanford care more about beating ND than they do winning the PAC12, so Saturday will probably be the hardest they play all year.

I actually know less about what I expect from Stanford than what I expect from ND under Book.

ND’s OL started to put it together against Vandy & dominated last week. I think they will rough up Stanford’s DL. This will allow ND to run the ball, PA pass & work the RPO. ND should score points.
I also think ND’s defense is solid, not great, but very good. I only worry about the secondary now a little.

Stanford I just don’t know. Love hasn’t impressed me this year, but he will come out with everything he has against us.
They don’t have a precision pass game, but they have the ability to just throw it up to their three huge targets. That could be the difference on 3rd downs.
I think their wins have been sort of fool’s gold to this point. Blowing out SDSU & UCD mean nothing. They beat USC in a pretty ugly game in which neither team looked good. And the the Oregon game to me was more about Oregon pooping the bed than anything. If dude just crosses the goal line instead of kicking the pylon that game probably ends 45-14 or something along those lines.

But with all that said Shaw & Stanford care more about beating ND than they do winning the PAC12, so Saturday will probably be the hardest they play all year.
How about just taking a knee?

How about just taking a knee?

Yeah, that would have sealed the game for Oregon.
But even in the 1st half when it was 24-7 & the RB didn’t stay in bounds, or it would have been 31-7. Then they snap it over the QB’s head for a TD the other way...
Until then Stanford was getting destroyed.

The only thing that worries me is Stanford's come back win on the road.

This environment won't rattle the trees.

They also beat USC 17-3. Down year or not it's still a big rivalry.

I

Absolutely not true. I don't know any Stanford fan who feels that way. Certainly Shaw and the team don't feel that way. The conference championship always comes first.

Notre Dame is a fun rivalry with a school we respect. We save our hostility and revulsion for TSATB.

Absolutely not true. I don't know any Stanford fan who feels that way. Certainly Shaw and the team don't feel that way. The conference championship always comes first.

Notre Dame is a fun rivalry with a school we respect. We save our hostility and revulsion for TSATB.

The reason I say that is two-fold:

1) Over the Shaw years there have been instances where they have played banged up players against ND, but rested them in conference games.
2) Shaw has made the comment after playing ND the final game of the year out there that he had saved things for that game. Now keep in mind the next week he was playing in the conference championship. Why not save stuff for that game instead of ND?

Reactions: francade
H
The reason I say that is two-fold:

1) Over the Shaw years there have been instances where they have played banged up players against ND, but rested them in conference games.
2) Shaw has made the comment after playing ND the final game of the year out there that he had saved things for that game. Now keep in mind the next week he was playing in the conference championship. Why not save stuff for that game instead of ND?

Shaw might have rested some players against Oregon State or another lower-tier Pac team, but he would never do it against the main conference rivals. The fact that he didn't rest a slightly injured Bryce Love against Oregon to save him for ND this week is proof of that. As for your second reason, I don't really know what you're referring to, but it might have been there was a play Shaw saved that he thought would work better against ND than some other teams. Trust me though, while beating Notre Dame is a worthy accomplishment, the main goal for any season is to win the conference, and since 2014, get to the playoffs.

Reactions: ivan brunetti

But they really didn't blow them out. Both games were competitive in the 3rd quarter. All three were at home as well. And this is their second road game a long 4 hour flight away and after a game that went 4 quarters and into the late night for OT on the road.

I think we get to the qb a lot and we force a couple turnovers. Stanford will still make some plays but ND turns the mistakes into points and wins 29-23.

“Absolutely not true. I don't know any Stanford fan who feels that way. Certainly Shaw and the team don't feel that way. The conference championship always comes first.”

Really? This is a direct quote from Shaw: “We recruit so nationally, so we don’t have all West Coast guys … [a lot of them] either grow up watching Notre Dame or not liking them.”

How many Stanford players grew up not liking Oregon? As many as ND you think? Lol

“Absolutely not true. I don't know any Stanford fan who feels that way. Certainly Shaw and the team don't feel that way. The conference championship always comes first.”

Really? This is a direct quote from Shaw: “We recruit so nationally, so we don’t have all West Coast guys … [a lot of them] either grow up watching Notre Dame or not liking them.”

How many Stanford players grew up not liking Oregon? As many as ND you think? Lol

Any time someone provides a quote, but no link, there is usually something fishy. Here is the part you left out:

"Beating Notre Dame and claiming the Legends Trophy remains meaningful for the players within the Stanford program.

“You talk to our players, which is where rivalry really matters, it’s right up there,” Shaw stated. “We feel we have a ton of rivals when you talk about Cal, USC, Oregon and Washington. Notre Dame is right up there as is UCLA. … We recruit so nationally, so we don’t have all West Coast guys … [a lot of them] either grow up watching Notre Dame or not liking them."

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/d...ford-for-difficult-place-to-win-at-notre-dame

So Notre Dame is one of six schools that are mentioned by Shaw. But you apparently take that quote to mean beating Notre Dame is at the top, and is even more important than the conference championship that involves the other five schools.

Now that's funny.

Last edited:
“So Notre Dame is one of six schools that are mentioned by Shaw. But you apparently take that quote to mean beating Notre Dame is at the top, and is even more important than the conference championship that involves the other five schools.

Now that's funny.”

Does he mention that his players grew up “not liking” the other five? What’s fishy is when rivals that are on this board 24/7 try to convince us that we’re just another team on their schedule. Lol. Good luck Saturday night in your run of the mill game against just another team on your slate. Lmao.

Now make sure you don’t respond for a while so it appears as though ND isn’t in your head 24/7. What’s the Stanford board like, btw? I’ve never been.

“So Notre Dame is one of six schools that are mentioned by Shaw. But you apparently take that quote to mean beating Notre Dame is at the top, and is even more important than the conference championship that involves the other five schools.

Now that's funny.”

Does he mention that his players grew up “not liking” the other five? What’s fishy is when rivals that are on this board 24/7 try to convince us that we’re just another team on their schedule. Lol. Good luck Saturday night in your run of the mill game against just another team on your slate. Lmao.

24/7? I had one post at 8pm PST on Monday, and another at 11pm on Tuesday. Hardly 24/7.

Look, you posted a misleading, truncated quote, and got caught. Just admit it and move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT