ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame @ Stanford 1pm PT Official Game Discussion Thread

Hes got maybe 5 more years at ND before he hangs it up
I hope so. Regardless of our frustration with him at times, there are few coaches that could do better. He’s a top 10 coach and I will be sad and a little scared the day he leaves. I think many fans will feel very nostalgic about it. It’s been a good 10 years. Lots of downs but ups as well. Best we’ve had since Lou and could be the best for a long long time if history repeats. If anyone said he’d have 3 10+ win seasons in a row, play for a title and make the playoffs, I’d have taken him in a heartbeat when Weis was here.

I hope so. Regardless of our frustration with him at times, there are few coaches that could do better. He’s a top 10 coach and I will be sad and a little scared the day he leaves. I think many fans will feel very nostalgic about it. It’s been a good 10 years. Lots of downs but ups as well. Best we’ve had since Lou and could be the best for a long long time if history repeats. If anyone said he’d have 3 10+ win seasons in a row, play for a title and make the playoffs, I’d have taken him in a heartbeat when Weis was here.

Kelly is a Top-10 Coach? That's debatable.

His recruiting class often finish at or very near Top-10. In his 9 (completed) years at ND his teams have finished Top-10 2x. In 5 of his 9 ND years his teams have finished Top-20 - Top-20 (IMH0) is less debatable.

Agree - Kelly is ND's best coach since Lou - but that's not saying much. What separates Kelly from Lou (aside from a National Title) is.....Lou's teams often won big games against top competition. Kelly's biggest win to date was beating a 10-3 Oklahoma team in Norman.

Last edited:
Lol. Harbough had two winning seasons there...show is ten times the coach of harbough.

LOL. Look at Stanford’s records since Harbaugh left. Notice a trend? I do. Just because Harbaugh didn’t stick around to sustain what he built, doesn’t mean he didn’t build it.

LOL. Look at Stanford’s records since Harbaugh left. Notice a trend? I do. Just because Harbaugh didn’t stick around to sustain what he built, doesn’t mean he didn’t build it.

Harbaugh at Stanford
2007 4-8
2008 5-7
2009 8-5
2010 12-1

Shaw at Stanford
2011 11-2
2012 12-2
2013 11-3
2014 8-5
2015 12-2
2016 10-3
2017 9-5
2018 9-4
2019 4-8

Obviously, Harbaugh turned Stanford around in a big way, but Shaw has sustained a pretty decent program for nearly a decade, although you are certainly right that it has fallen off a bit the last couple of years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT