ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Stadium no longer place of solace under Freeman

that is nothing new -- ND has lost it's homefield advantage a long time ago -- when teams like Georgia can pack 20-30K into ND's stadium -- and visiting teams sound louder than the home team -- that's when you know it is lost.

that is nothing new -- ND has lost it's homefield advantage a long time ago -- when teams like Georgia can pack 20-30K into ND's stadium -- and visiting teams sound louder than the home team -- that's when you know it is lost.
For me that bullshit started with Crouch and Nebraska visiting. The red in the stands were embarrassing.

Utterly embarrassing.

People selling their tickets for a quick score but ultimately gave Nebraska home field.

Yes, but the article is talking about losing at home when over the last five years we were 31-2 at home.

Notre Dame has NEVER had that great a home field advantage compared to numerous others in college football.

You need a type of rabid fanatic that we just do not generate.

And to be blunt I am glad.

I don’t think it’s that easy. I lived and worked in Atlanta. Fans where talking for years how they where saving up to go to ND. It’s Mecca. They wanted to see the campus. Places Rudy went. TDJ.

Not being in a conference you don’t have the hatred. You have the excitement of the venue. ND is meant to be shared unfortunately or fortunately.

When we play Bama and OSU it will be crazy with fans saving their money to go see their team in the greatest venue in CF.

I had friends who dropped 30k on that UGA trip.

Yes, but the article is talking about losing at home when over the last five years we were 31-2 at home.
Right, exactly. ND's home field experience and whatnot in the abstract is not quite the same as other big blue-blood programs, because apparently opposing fans can travel here and fill up half the stadium if they're motivated enough.....

But nevertheless BK was winning all those home games at a pretty high clip, higher than most anybody else in the nation I would imagine. And we beat #1 Clemson! Even if that was definitely not really a matter of the fans in the stands. That was the game of the covid year!

Reactions: notredamerises23
That was an unpleasant surprise

It's strange that we've played better on the road than at home all season. Hopefully that changes today.

I don’t think it’s that easy. I lived and worked in Atlanta. Fans where talking for years how they where saving up to go to ND. It’s Mecca. They wanted to see the campus. Places Rudy went. TDJ.

Not being in a conference you don’t have the hatred. You have the excitement of the venue. ND is meant to be shared unfortunately or fortunately.

When we play Bama and OSU it will be crazy with fans saving their money to go see their team in the greatest venue in CF.

I had friends who dropped 30k on that UGA trip.
SB airport when they hosted Texas was a prime example of that. It was full of private jets.

While I don’t disagree with the lack of home field advantage as far as crowds go, the amount of opposing fans for the Georgia game isn’t without context. Many of those tickets sold to Georgia fans was due, in large part, to season ticket holders being upset with the ridiculous price increases at the time. Either way, we’d never give our tickets to the opposing fans. Others didn’t bat an eye and many sold them out of spite.

It’s always about mismanagement. It started long ago with bad coaching hires and being to tolerant of failure. Keeping coaches for 3-5 years despite bad results. The Kevin whites the Dick Wadsworth the monk molloys They abused the ND brand. They hired the Brendan’s and kuhadichs the fausts willinghams. Weis n Davies the George olearys.

Reactions: SubwaydomerDFW
While I don’t disagree with the lack of home field advantage as far as crowds go, the amount of opposing fans for the Georgia game isn’t without context. Many of those tickets sold to Georgia fans was due, in large part, to season ticket holders being upset with the ridiculous price increases at the time. Either way, we’d never give our tickets to the opposing fans. Others didn’t bat an eye and many sold them out of spite.
Cincy had a ton of fans at the game last year. It was embarrassing

Reactions: Kelso86
Notre Dame has NEVER had that great a home field advantage compared to numerous others in college football.

You need a type of rabid fanatic that we just do not generate.

And to be blunt I am glad.
Your frame of reference is very limited.

In what year did you begin attending home games ?

Cincy had a ton of fans at the game last year. It was embarrassing
Agree. You can thank going digital for that. All the subway alumni finally got their wish to easily offload their tickets without a care for who purchases them.

Reactions: Kelso86
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT