ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame - miami (fl) game thread ...

I can losing to a good team but for this bunch not to even show up is amazing. Beyond belief. Oh and so much more an improved defense as that is two awful performances in a row. We are done.

If you said ND goes 9-2 and to a New Years bowl after last year you would have said your crazy. We are still very young at QB, coaching, strength and defense. Kids are not switching for one game ore they would not come here

Brian’s really got to figure out why our team fades so badly each November. It’s not Strength/Conditioning. It’s 100% focus level.

You better worry about Navy and Stanford. Especially Stanford. This season is not over by a long shot and another loss doesn't seem quite so impossible now.

Reactions: rgc7
If you said ND goes 9-2 and to a New Years bowl after last year you would have said your crazy. We are still very young at QB, coaching, strength and defense. Kids are not switching for one game ore they would not come here
But we also lose the left side of the OL, Adams, ESB, etc. This was going to be our best shot for quite a while and this beatdown is depressing because it shows how far away we are.

The worst part is Richt isn't even trying to rub it in our face. I don't remember the last time they even passed the ball. Running the clock out too.

ND needed to survive the first quarter and didn't. It's not a matter of being overmatched or lack of speed. If you don't think ND has the horses, you're wrong. It's hard to corral the energy of a bunch of 20 years olds on the road, the stage got to them. No excuse, coaching was bad, play was bad, ND got embarassed.

I was shocked by the outcome but it's college football - Oh St- Iowa, Auburn-UGA. Once we had to throw the ball to win.. gameover

I thought your play calling was very strange. Many of us were talking about it in the stands. It was essentially slower developing versions of everything we've faced all season.

The first series looked dangerous. I have no idea why you got away from run looks with multiple downfield options available. Our cornerbacks are much better defending the short feisty stuff.

After the game turned in the Canes' favor the only time I was briefly worried was when you called time out on 4th and a foot and went to I formation. That type of traditional power look with creative wrinkles out of it really could have really baffled us. But it was a brief concern. These days virtually every team is stubbornly married to one offensive style only. Canes included. Alabama is virtually the only team that sensibly mixes things up based on field position, situation and opponent.

roll.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT