ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame is better than Bama !

Bodizephax

I've posted how many times?
Feb 24, 2012
Rikers Island (Lifer)
www.gstatic.com
Bama has played all crappy teams !! Notre Dame has beaten two highly ranked teams that have not lost outside of ND.
Now that Book is running (And Dexter) the show--ND is EPIC !!
I would list all the Great players the Irish have but I don't have the time or inclination ! Jerry Tillery is better than Tuitt ! Will break Tucks sack record !
Go Irish !!
One game at a time ! Beat Tech !

Bama has played all crappy teams !! Notre Dame has beaten two highly ranked teams that have not lost outside of ND.
I would list all the Great players the Irish have but I don't have the time or inclination ! Jerry Tillery is better than Tuitt ! Will break Tucks sack record !
Go Irish !!

Correct if Books reading is the game

Go Irish !!

Bodi -- love the enthusiasm -- but, I am not sure what Alabama team you have seen this year -- the one that I (and probably the rest of the country) have seen is playing on a level that no one is at.

But -- I do agree with your point -- One Game at a Time! Go Irish!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Go Irish !!
LOVE IT Bodi!!!! Playoffs!!!

ND is not better than Bama but, that doesn't mean ND couldn't beat them on any given game day. Right now, the Irish appear to be really good. Bama appears to be really really good. The season isn't even half over so things can and will change week to week. Looking at LSU, Clemson, and OSU, I think ND can compete with any of them right now, but, the injury situation cannot get out of hand.

ND is not better than Bama but, that doesn't mean ND couldn't beat them on any given game day. Right now, the Irish appear to be really good. Bama appears to be really really good. The season isn't even half over so things can and will change week to week. Looking at LSU, Clemson, and OSU, I think ND can compete with any of them right now, but, the injury situation cannot get out of hand.
Agreed, I think ND can compete and win against any team as we now have a balanced offense coupled with a very good defense.

Agreed, I think ND can compete and win against any team as we now have a balanced offense coupled with a very good defense.[/QUOTE

You are correct sir !! Notre Dame has a better starting Dline than Bama. Tillery, Kareem, and Okwara and Hayes give the Irish the edge and Coney, Tranquill and Bilal are even or better than the Bama linebackers. And ND has an even or better safety--Aloha Gilliam. And Julian Love is better than any of Bamas cornerbacks.
The Irish also have a better Oline and runningback in Dexter Williams. Bama may have a slightly better offense but Defense wins Championships and that goes to the Irish !!

You are correct sir !! Notre Dame has a better starting Dline than Bama. Tillery, Kareem, and Okwara and Hayes give the Irish the edge and Coney, Tranquill and Bilal are even or better than the Bama linebackers. And ND has an even or better safety--Aloha Gilliam. And Julian Love is better than any of Bamas cornerbacks.
The Irish also have a better Oline and runningback in Dexter Williams. Bama may have a slightly better offense but Defense wins Championships and that goes to the Irish !!

Go Irish !!
I love ND... but u r dreaming. They are the closest college can get to a pro team

Reactions: OnlyIrish
I love ND... but u r dreaming. They are the closest college can get to a pro team

We are full of NFL talent also. This is like 88 with the Irish and Miami. Ian Book is our Johnny Football. I really believe that. And we have proven that we can hang with top SEC teams with last years close loss to Georgia and our close win over LSU. If we played Dexter against Georgia we win that game. And I think that Alabama is way overhyped. Just my opinion.

tenor.gif

The tide was suppose to win in '73 and '74. I think ND won both those games. I don't see why ND shouldn't get some payback for 2012. GO IRISH!

While I want to make the playoff I doubt we'd fare well vs 'Bama.

One never knows ? Bama has been outstanding for years, but that does not mean that on any given day
They can not be beaten ! ND may have the defense that can beat any team, I will have to see more of our o line to too be convinced that we can beat teams like Bama ?
In short if we can win in the trenches , we can beat any team we face ?
Right now my biggest concert is VT !

Typically, any team, no matter how great, cannot play at their peak every single week. Teams like Alabama get tripped up once every year or two in such situations. But the only way Alabama will play ND will be in a playoff game or bowl game if Alabama happens to lose two games, which I doubt. So which Alabama team do you expect to show up? I know which one I'd expect to see, and it would not be pretty.

The tide was suppose to win in '73 and '74. I think ND won both those games. I don't see why ND shouldn't get some payback for 2012. GO IRISH!

Alabama was probably deeper both seasons, but we had great teams back then -- and an incredible coach, as you know.

I will be proud of ND if this team makes the playoffs but it brings up nightmares from 2012. I knew Bama was tough but thought we had a chance. I didn’t expect that outcome.

I did expect that outcome, but I expected ND to play well for a half, not have its back broken by the end of the first quarter. That was like watching the varsity scrimmage the JV. It could have been much worse and would have been if Jimmy Johnson were coaching Alabama that night.

ND will probably get a chance to prove the OP’s statement. After the last ND vs Ala. game and the 35-0 halftime score, I prefer to remain a humble fan when discussing ND vs Ala. Saban might be inspired to try for 42.

ND will probably get a chance to prove the OP’s statement. After the last ND vs Ala. game and the 35-0 halftime score, I prefer to remain a humble fan when discussing ND vs Ala. Saban might be inspired to try for 42.
Good thing Saban was a gentleman and called the dogs off after the first quarter.

There is no one on this current Irish roster that was even on the team when ND played Bama. Some act like ND was the only team in BCS and play-off history to get crushed and the media happily loves to play along. What do these teams all have in common? LSU, OSU, Oklahoma, FSU, Oklahoma again, OSU again, and MSU. All were crushed in BCS and/or play-off games. Some were crushed and shut out. This is college football. Anything can happen on one given game day. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had App St over Mich, Old Dom over V Tech, James Madison over V Tech, 35 point dog Temple over V Tech, Liberty over Baylor, 2006 Stanford over USC. 2012 was a long time ago. New team. New attitude. New staff. New BK. Really good offense AND defense and ST have improved dramatically.

Reactions: francade
There is no one on this current Irish roster that was even on the team when ND played Bama. Some act like ND was the only team in BCS and play-off history to get crushed and the media happily loves to play along. What do these teams all have in common? LSU, OSU, Oklahoma, FSU, Oklahoma again, OSU again, and MSU. All were crushed in BCS and/or play-off games. Some were crushed and shut out. This is college football. Anything can happen on one given game day. Otherwise, we wouldn't have had App St over Mich, Old Dom over V Tech, James Madison over V Tech, 35 point dog Temple over V Tech, Liberty over Baylor, 2006 Stanford over USC. 2012 was a long time ago. New team. New attitude. New staff. New BK. Really good offense AND defense and ST have improved dramatically.
True ... I would love another shot this year! Go Irish!

Go Irish !!
I'm just glad to be in the same conversation this season with them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT