ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Notre Dame 2025 DT target Christopher Isaiah Campbell rose from adversity

Charleston Bowles

Posts Like A Champion
Staff
Mar 16, 2023

I chatted with Notre Dame 2025 defensive tackle target Christopher Isaiah Campbell last evening. He reported an offer from the Irish Tuesday.

Campbell said he was blown away by the Irish in-person last season while on a game day visit to North Carolina.

“Notre Dame is a very prestigious school and I'm just amazed by getting offered from them,” Campbell told Inside ND Sports. “I’ve been hearing very good things. I went to their North Carolina game last year and I saw that tight end for Notre Dame … he was real good. I saw some of their defensive line, they were putting in work. I felt like, ‘’Man, Notre Dame is a great team.’”

The 6-foot-5, 265-pound defender attends Snow Hill (N.C.) Greene Central. He had 61 tackles including 17 for loss and five sacks last season.

Prior to high school, Campbell played outside linebacker. As a freshman, he only weighed 200-pounds and played defensive end. Now, Campbell pencils in as a defensive tackle.

Growing up, Campbell also played basketball. However, he said the physicality and defensive opportunities football offered meant something more for him.

“I liked how physical it was … in basketball, I never really got that,” Campbell said. “That’s really where my love for the game came from. I’m able to hit somebody and put my hands on somebody and I can just be physically violent with somebody, which I couldn't do in basketball.”

Campbell told me he’s willing to leave North Carolina for college and said academics and how transparent coaches are will be major factors in his recruitment.

Rivals rates him as a four-star prospect in the 2025 recruiting class. He is ranked as the No. 11 defensive tackle in the 2025 class.

Campbell reports 16 offers including Notre Dame, Colorado, Duke, Georgia, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Penn State and South Carolina.

After his recent offers from the Bulldogs and Irish, Campbell’s had to adjust his summer schedule and doesn’t have anything finalized but visiting Notre Dame is on the table.

“About 95% of it is done,” Campbell said. “I'm trying to go to Indiana. I'm trying to see what’s up there. I've been there a few times when I was in AAU basketball, but I'm trying to see Notre Dame. One of my close friends, [2025 defensive end target] Gus Richey, went there for a visit he's been telling me how nice it is and how wonderful it is to be at Notre Dame.”

Link to full story:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News