ADVERTISEMENT

New Defensive Line Coach

The thing is I dont really care and I am not sure why you should either. If poster want to be hyper optimistic about BK and the team that's cool. It has a bit of a cubs feel at times for sure but let them be fans in the way they want to be fans. The get shitty with you because they perceive you as trying to prove them wrong about everything in everythread. Some of these guys admittedly are going to always base posts on thier heart and make some wild logical jumps, but they arent going to change or engage you civilly in a discussion, they will ignore you and start a new thread. The status of the board is what it is, but constantly getting in fights with the other side whether justified or not isn't helping the situation. I am as big of a critic as any when it comes to continually. I think he is given a pass where you arent because his posts or positive rather then negative. Ultimately that dude and those like him won't change they come here to talk about how awesome ND should be and get recruiting info from 35. Its not wrong for them to do that, it may be short sighted or an inefficient use of the board information but it's their prerogative. BGI has really let people down with this board but its free so what do they care. Life will be easier Perse if you dont try to get bloody every day.

This is not a very high bar....

"I like Kelly a ton and think he is the best thing to happen to ND football since Holtz."

Agree for the most part SAL but if Continually ever gets to 22K, there will be some push back..Another reason why he gets a pass is he is fairly new, if this goes on 'continually' for 6 more years there will be the same responses from people.

I'm fairly certain that continually (and the other names he posts under) in not an ND fan but a BK fan. He has no problems ripping players and other coaches but BK is perfect.

I think continually may very well be either Mrs. Kelly or BK's agent. Again he's a BK fan and not necessarily an ND fan.

That's probably true to a degree but I think the issues with that are (1) Continually has more then 500 or so posts under other screen names that got booted he is only new in the sense that this handle is new, and (2) if more people agreed with Perse I believe you would see less commentary on post numbers and more "good point perse" but because people disagree they attack the speaker and not the position.

I don't have any problem with his stance or opinion; just like Java stated Continual is a BK Lover, Pers is a BK hater. It's the constant/non-stop/nauseating/hi-jacking of every thread repeating the same damn thing on every thread no matter the topic that blows my mind. We all understand his position, it comes off as he is vigorously pushing an agenda and when the majority of the time it is negative.. well ya people get sick of it. When somebody continues to attack or spew negativity on a program/coach/players that most people on this board love and support, you don't have any other choice but to defend them and take offense, even if some of his points are valid.
This post was edited on 2/19 12:54 PM by bizzybecknd

Bizz, I can completely understand what you are saying and to a certain extent I agree. I would like to point out that everything could be reversed in regards to continually.

How many threads has he started and hijacked claiming that BK is the best coach in CFB, nothing bad that has happened is his fault. Blame the players, blame injuries, blame the refs, blame the other coaches, blame bad luck.. on and on. There are many of us who feel the need to counter the propaganda by pointing out the mistakes and weakness in BK's program.

I am not a BK hater, I have said many, many times I think BK the HC is an excellent HC but that BK the OC/QB coach is terrible and has cost this program games over the last 4 years.

java

excellent reply. Fact is the KK's bring more critique upon Kelly just because of the need to balance out discussion. Are we to let them hi-jack the board for obvious agenda! It is not a firum if there is 1 thought or a single premise.
I tell you guys, these ID's are not ND fans. They have motivation.

And Java you are correct, most of us are not anti kelly; but we do not think he is perfect, nor even great; but he has done a pretty decent job at ND. In some areas very good and some less so. But the contention he has achieved anything great - huh? How about he win something before he gets consideration for such adjectives.

I am a fan of the players and the ND image.

This post was edited on 2/20 1:57 AM by perseverare

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT