ADVERTISEMENT

New Defensive Line Coach

Ara:

Thanks very much for that information; looks like the new hires are good ones, and maybe even upgrades.

Originally posted by Ara64:
If all hires are approved then the coaching staffs looks like this according to speculation:
Coach VanGorder -- Defensive Coordinator/ILB
Coach Sanford -- Offensive Coordinator/QB
Coach Elston -- Recruiting Coordinator/OLB
Coach Gilmore -- Defensive Line
Coach Lyght -- Defensive Backs
Coach Hiestand -- Offensive Line
Coach Denson -- Running Backs
Coach Denbrock -- Wide Receivers
Coach Booker -- Tight Ends/ST Coordinator(?)

It will not truly be known until Coach Kelly introduces them at a news conference. It will take place after ND announces their hire.
Gilmore has coached guys to NFL
Denson was an extremely patient and deliberate running back - his game should help Bryant

Gilmore and Denson both are connected in the SE specifically FL

Seems to me the staff is at least as good and probably an upgrade over what we had

Sound transition for a program clearly on the rise - kudos Coach Kelly

Ara:
got to like the national approach taken to fill the vacancies; looks like all resumes were considered.
Kudos to Jack for thinking long term.

ND needs to forge solid coaching relationships for the future.

Last time ND had a similar shake-up ---right after the 2011 season

the IRISH had an undeafed 3012 season-----maybe lightning can strike twice.

I would not be surprised if BOOKER becomes Safety Coach and LYGHT Corner Back coach

Elston taking over Specials and the recruiting job.

GILMORE has a reputation of being a demanding coach who was with KELLY at Cincinnati.

MARTIN had a super year for North Carolina --- maybe DAY will profit in the same way.

DENSON is still a little raw, but he is on his way to big things.

ONWARD and UPWARD---EXCELSIOR !!!!

Originally posted by perseverare:
Ara:
got to like the national approach taken to fill the vacancies; looks like all resumes were considered.
Kudos to Jack for thinking long term.

ND needs to forge solid coaching relationships for the future.
Yeah Jack has been beating the bushes looking to hire RB and DL coaches. Nitwit strikes again.

I haven't read it but generally he has nothing to say if not disparaging a poster; very infrequently does he post on topic.
How does posting like that edify the ND family in general and how does it reflect favorably on the author?
Sad approach.

^^^^You've made that clear earlier in the thread. It is still one of the most asinine thoughts you've expressed.^^^^^^

so you think the guy in charge was not THE decision maker; have you ever seen those frequent polls about ND fans being delussional? Read your post if you don't know why?

Jack definately was the driver behind these decisions. That's why No Quinn. Nepotism is no more. JMO but the post season evaluation between Jack and Kelly probably discussed the coaching staff needs and certain changes that had to happen. 7-5 is not good enough to get a satisfactory evaluation review.

If ND goes 10 W's; Kelly's agent will be shopping him around frantically; if he goes 7-5 then Jack will have to act or he is just throwing in the towel!
8-4 and Fifty shades of grey; not good enough to be wanted and not poor enough to show the door. 8-4 is the worst case scenario.

There is a thread on TOS that discusses these ideas (the other sites seem to allow posters to express things and then there is actual discussion: who knew!)
It seems the notion is that a successful '15,campaign would be the jumping off point for Kelly; that that idea has (1) not occurred to Jack (2) that having occurred to Jack, that Jack has not been at the forefront of the new hires as part of the preparation for ND's future, is just thinking Jack is Tyesque!

This post was edited on 2/17 9:02 PM by perseverare

Hiring Quinn is nepotism, but hiring Gilmore isn't? No credible head coach would accept the AD making their personnel decisions for them. Kelly deserves the credit for good hires, just as he deserves the blame when they don't pan out.

Tex-

He believes the AD is hiring ND Asst Coaches -- why would you have dialogue with him -- read his posts -- the guy is consumed w hatred for a successful HC who he has never met -- he is a sick person

You know the game tex -- can't fathom why you would attempt a rational discussion w this fool
This post was edited on 2/17 9:23 PM by continuallyirish

Originally posted by perseverare:
so you think the guy in charge was not THE decision maker; have you ever seen those frequent polls about ND fans being delussional? Read your post if you don't know why?

Jack definately was the driver behind these decisions. That's why No Quinn. Nepotism is no more. JMO but the post season evaluation between Jack and Kelly probably discussed the coaching staff needs and certain changes that had to happen. 7-5 is not good enough to get a satisfactory evaluation review.

If ND goes 10 W's; Kelly's agent will be shopping him around frantically; if he goes 7-5 then Jack will have to act or he is just throwing in the towel!
8-4 and Fifty shades of grey; not good enough to be wanted and not poor enough to show the door. 8-4 is the worst case scenario.
There is a thread on TOS that discusses these ideas (the other sites seem to allow posters to express things and then there is actual discussion: who knew!) It seems the notion is that a successful '15,campaign would be the jumping off point for Kelly; that that idea has (1) not occurred to Jack (2) that having occurred to Jack, that Jack has not been at the forefront of the new hires as part of the preparation for ND's future, is just thinking Jack is Tyesque!

This post was edited on 2/17 9:02 PM by perseverare

piece of shit

ah: the idea that Jack was not the decision maker is just ludicrous. Sal: it is only too far because of the limitations a small group places on discussion.

It is ok to say Kudos to Kelly; but doing so for Jack is forbidden? contemplate that.

As is I get my info and enjoyment of both other sites;where there is informative content. This board has decended into the KK site and seems the long time posters just surrendered it.

Sal: believe me, no worry, i will be correct when all is said and done. You probsbly know that. And these guys will leave and/or change their ID's again to recoup credibility.

hey Bodi been Bu-/: slapped lately?

ah,..so you start something and your classless pist are to go without response? poor baby. maybe ohsensitive can help you out - since you sold your "self" to him to avoid his critique!

I learned how to deal with you- from ohsensless

Sal

what is the board to become a tool for the KK's?
A single minded firum?

Notice the attrition here since they showed up? Notice the movement to the other boards?
there is football to be discussed there; here I can drop by and just voice that there is another side to the coin. More than capable to go at with these guys.

But honestly Sal, no need to get in the fray. I really pay them nonmind and will be capable to present opinion that gives the forum diversity and candor.

And it keeps these lunatics here and away from TOS's so football can be discussed.

Bodi

i challenged you and others to cite 1 example of a poster who I made an initiating personal remark at that was an initial atrack- no replies yet!

But you only object to being responded to in the manner you think and post! you are dumb as a rock! they used and abused you you moron!

It is sad you sided with the group whose intent is only to destroy the board and you failed to see through it. Can you think at all?

Continually, just commenting on the absurdity of the post, and not trying to have any rational diologue with Perse. Remember, he put me on ignore and went on his high horse rant when I simply asked him to support his assertions that you are somehow connected to Kelly and the coaching staff and participating in these threads under guise of one of us, for the sole purpose of stifling any criticism of Kelly. So, I assume he doesn't see my posts, and thus I am providing limited comments to the board to express my thoughts.

Sal, nice calm effort to walk him back, but he simply doubled down.

Its a never ending cycle and the reactionary posts undermine the value of the good posts he has. A lot of posters have this problem, don't think Perse deserves to be called a piece of shit just wish at some point someone will rise above it. We know continually wont and it seems Perse wont either so inevitably every thread feels like groundhog day.

Agree Sal. If Continually would stick to nit wit and drop the shit head like references, and Perse stick to dumb as a rock and drop the your his bitch like references, it would make the board a better place to visit. I don't mind each taking the other to task at every opportunity of disagreement, but would personally like to see them clean it up a bit.

AD hired Sanford to take Kelly's job

Stanford reloads ND rebuilds

T Rees will over throw passes all yr because he has a weak arm

Kelly will win 7 games in 2015 and be a goner

Tex if you can take that I suspect that a few choice words for the buffoon won't wreck your day

Originally posted by Telx1:
Agree Sal. If Continually would stick to nit wit and drop the shit head like references, and Perse stick to dumb as a rock and drop the your his bitch like references, it would make the board a better place to visit. I don't mind each taking the other to task at every opportunity of disagreement, but would personally like to see them clean it up a bit.
Well said.

As the saying goes... It is better to shut your mouth and look like a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Continually, I like Kelly a ton and think he is the best thing to happen to ND football since Holtz. I believe he has improved the program tremendously. I want to see consecutive ten plus game winning seasons, and I think we are primed for this. I acknowledge that Perse mostly posts negative views, and his dislike of Kelly is probably as strong as your support of Kelly. Not sure he really believes some of the nonsense he posts, such as the ones you noted. Like most here, his negative views of Kelly and the teams ability to perform at an elite level based entirely on his empirical historical analysis of past top teams gets tiresome; but so do the over the top optimistic assessments of the team going forward. Contrary to your view, I don't think Perse is a serial ND hater. He has posted comments about his belief the offense is loaded with talent and should be very good next year. He has questioned the defense talent level, and that is legitimate. So, he does raise good points and he does show affinity for ND, but these are few and far between and totally overshadowed by his rants about the mods and the takeover of the board and his lashing out at anyone who disagrees, and of course his anti Kelly bias at every opportunity, etc... And yes, the absurd negative comments irritate me a hell of a lot more than the vulgarity you and Perse and a few others choose to use; but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer that you and others entertain a bit more civility when calling each other dumb asses, just in a less vulgar way.

Pers...use the Ignore button. Bod, if Pers is bugging you so much, you can ignore him. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could somehow just delete all of the personal attacks and just get back to discussing football. Reasonable minds can disagree as to whether the new coaches are an upgrade or not or who was responsible for finding and hiring them. I enjoy healthy debate on football issues but see now value (and do see a complete waste of time) in attacking and responding to personal attacks.

I will pay for your subscription to this site. Will you relegate yourself just to the "Roundtable" board? You will fit in nicely with Uncle Mike and the gang.

Originally posted by Bodizephax:

This board would be civil if Perse took some time off. He is a vile, foul mouthed, moron.
And what do you call this type of comment?

Somebody start a poll, 1) Keep Pers 2) Dump Pers. If majority votes dump, he takes a month off (3-5K posts). Believe he did/can add value but it has been a paranoid tyrant as of late, dominating every posts with the regurgitated info that's he's been spewing for years.

Sal

this attack by Bodi was unprovoked; prior to his tirades, the last exchange ir involvement with him was when I jumped into the frey to fend off an assault on HIM by ohsens-continually; the next post by him was a rant about me!
And remember Bodi's great meltdown? I was one saying the guy was just caught up in the game! But apparently Bodi wants forgiveness and understanding, but that same is not extented from him towards others. I think I understand this guy quite well now.
what a Guy!

Strange the board has been so incredibly naive to the events on the forum. Think about it; i give credit to Jack; same as a post doing so to Kelly; and this is where we are!

It is the intent; discussions will not be tolerated that are not approved by the KK's. (the apples....)

There is no content left on the board. There are interesting goings on at this time and nothing to read here! why?

This board used to have many contributors here; most are posting on the other boards. it was not reliant on 1 poster to feed news.

In the short run it is bad but in the end these disruptors will hit the road and hopfully posters will return and contribute to actual topical discussion.

JMO: a 10 W season ends this era. That is reason enough to root for the Irish in '15.

This post was edited on 2/19 8:44 AM by perseverare

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT