ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs UVA Game Thread

I really don't care what they do the rest of the year. We beat them soundly and we move on to Georgia Tech.
Well dont act like we beat the 6 and 3 Virginia team. We beat a Virginia team without its qb whod be 3 and 6 with that qb out there, maybe 3 wins

Lot of posters happy with being really good. Or solid. Or consistent.

Some want to be elite. I'm in that category.

We have a lot of potential. We should have won that game by 40
We are what we are. Whether you are happy or not is both irrelevant and totally up to your discretion

“We played 1 decent team and lost. Other than that, there's not a team on there that's any good”

Lol. If only we had 3 loss A&M on our schedule, we’d be set. Over the top uninformed drivel is your expertise.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
The schedule has helped, but come on. This was a team with almost zero identity early on. Kelly righted the ship. It’s still not a great team, but to have only lost one game after watching the first two weeks…. That’s phenomenal IMO.
We were down too far in the beginning of the season for me to say greatest job ever. The performance against Cincy was also not spectacular. Michigan should really be below us in the CFP rankings and I think our SOS has something to do with that. If Virginia has their starting QB, I think we win but not a blowout.

“We played 1 decent team and lost. Other than that, there's not a team on there that's any good”

Lol. If only we had 3 loss A&M on our schedule, we’d be set. Over the top uninformed drivel is your expertise.
Outside of Wisconsin (who is average) we don't have another top 25 win.

What's so hard for you to comprehend about that.

Add in we almost lost to Fsu, tulsa, and VT. 3 bad teams.

I'm not surprised you think that is impressive. Everyone gets a medal. Winning is hard. Style points don't matter

Well dont act like we beat the 6 and 3 Virginia team. We beat a Virginia team without its qb whod be 3 and 6 with that qb out there, maybe 3 wins
ND can only play the team that the opponent fields !

That was a bad offensive performance in the 2nd half and it happens a lot. No killer will
Overall, we had a legitimate chance to win that game 38-3; that's plenty good for me. I do agree, though, that because we tend to put it on cruise control that we don't give our substitutes important playing time, which becomes handy as the season goes on and the injuries pile up.

I'm less concerned about our tepid second half performances in games like this one than I am with the ass kickings we have endured far too many times in big games, whether those opponents are Alabama or Michigan.

I'm not surprised you think that is impressive. Everyone gets a medal. Winning is hard. Style points don't matter
Yeah, and once the rankings come out, UGA and AL, will also have one top 25 win as well.

Wisconsin will probably be ranked in the top 15 this week, that’s hardly “average”

we didn’t play Tulsa.

Early season performance is outweighed by how a team is trending and performing as the season comes to an end, as the playoffs are about to start.

“Outside of Wisconsin (who is average) we don't have another top 25 win.

I'm not surprised you think that is impressive. Everyone gets a medal. Winning is hard. Style points don't matter”

That’s not what you said. You said we played one decent team and lost. That was flat out wrong. And this is the 2nd time you’ve inferred that I’m on board w/ the “everyone gets a medal” horseshit. Nothing can be further from the truth, so once again, you’re wrong about something. Not surprising in the least. Btw, that “average” wisco team has the #1 defense in the country, so once again, you’re wrong. Par for your dumbass course. And just to illustrate how uneven you are when evaluating, well anything, why don’t you rip into bama for losing to one of only two decent teams they’ve played (“average” 3 loss A&M) and almost losing to a bad lsu & Florida team? That’d be at least consistent, but I don’t expect too much rational thought from you.

Overall, we had a legitimate chance to win that game 38-3; that's plenty good for me. I do agree, though, that because we tend to put it on cruise control that we don't give our substitutes important playing time, which becomes handy as the season goes on and the injuries pile up.

👍
I'm less concerned about our tepid second half performances in games like this one than I am with the ass kickings we have endured far too many times in big games, whether those opponents are Alabama or Michigan.
agree, poor game planning

I'm not surprised you think that is impressive. Everyone gets a medal. Winning is hard. Style points don't matter”

That’s not what you said. You said we played one decent team and lost. That was flat out wrong. And this is the 2nd time you’ve inferred that I’m on board w/ the “everyone gets a medal” horseshit. Nothing can be further from the truth, so once again, you’re wrong about something. Not surprising in the least. Btw, that “average” wisco team has the #1 defense in the country, so once again, you’re wrong. Par for your dumbass course. And just to illustrate how uneven you are when evaluating, well anything, why don’t you rip into bama for losing to one of only two decent teams they’ve played (“average” 3 loss A&M) and almost losing to a bad lsu & Florida team? That’d be at least consistent, but I don’t expect too much rational thought from you.
👍

Because Alabama is beating teams by an average of more than 28ppg. We are beating teams by an average of 12ppg. It's called dominance. And Bama will probably have 2 ranked wins this week. And Ole Miss is better than Wisconsin

Wisconsin is an average team. And they don't have the 1 defense in the country, Georgia does, by far. You must not watch. Wisconsin has a very poor offense

Ask Iowa and Michigan State if Purdue is any good !

Ask Iowa and Michigan State if Purdue is any good !
Or I could ask the 4 teams they lost to (Ohio beat them by 28) or I'll ask Illinois who almost beat them as well

Hopefully they win out and get to 8 and 4 and be ranked. That would be nice for us

Or I could ask the 4 teams they lost to (Ohio beat them by 28) or I'll ask Illinois who almost beat them as well

Hopefully they win out and get to 8 and 4 and be ranked. That would be nice for us
“Almost Beat” doesn’t count, it’s a win for Purdue, not an “Almost Lost”

“Because Alabama is beating teams by an average of more than 28ppg. We are beating teams by an average of 12ppg. It's called dominance. And Bama will probably have 2 ranked wins this week. And Ole Miss is better than Wisconsin

Wisconsin is an average team. And they don't have the 1 defense in the country, Georgia does, by far. You must not watch. Wisconsin has a very poor offense”

More drivel from the geek that thinks teams should be ranked and slotted into the playoffs based on recruiting rankings & nfl draftees. Lol.

Btw, Wisco has the #1 defense in the country, so your arrogant “Georgia does, by far” is more par for your dumbass course. Do you even watch the sport. Lol

“Because Alabama is beating teams by an average of more than 28ppg. We are beating teams by an average of 12ppg. It's called dominance. And Bama will probably have 2 ranked wins this week. And Ole Miss is better than Wisconsin

Wisconsin is an average team. And they don't have the 1 defense in the country, Georgia does, by far. You must not watch. Wisconsin has a very poor offense”

More drivel from the geek that thinks teams should be ranked and slotted into the playoffs based on recruiting rankings & nfl draftees. Lol.

Btw, Wisco has the #1 defense in the country, so your arrogant “Georgia does, by far” is more par for your dumbass course. Do you even watch the sport. Lol
Georgia defense giving up 7.6 ppg

Wisconsin defense giving up 14.6 ppg

So like I said, you have no credibility. And no clue.

And even if you don't go by the stats, you can easily see what defense is better by watching the games.

You made me laugh on this one. Try watching the sport

“Georgia defense giving up 7.6 ppg

And even if you don't go by the stats, you can easily see what defense is better by watching the games.

You made me laugh on this one. Try watching the sport”

You must be a glutton for punishment. Wisco is #1 in total defense. Watch more, post your stupid drivel less.

“Georgia defense giving up 7.6 ppg

You made me laugh on this one. Try watching the sport”

You must be a glutton for punishment. Wisco is #1 in total defense. Watch more, post your stupid drivel less.
I care about points. Like every coach in America would.

14.6 ppg to 7.6 ppg. That's 146 points given up by Wisconsin to 76 for Georgia

You're making yourself look more foolish by the post. Trying to say Wisconsin D is better than Georgia's.

You always supply a good laugh

Wisco is #1 in total defense. You were arrogant about it and were proven wrong. Happens all the time w/ you, you’d think you would make sure about things before you hit send, but you don’t. You just continue to arrogantly bloviate incorrect info. Watch more of the sport & maybe it won’t happen so often.

We were down too far in the beginning of the season for me to say greatest job ever. The performance against Cincy was also not spectacular. Michigan should really be below us in the CFP rankings and I think our SOS has something to do with that. If Virginia has their starting QB, I think we win but not a blowout.
we were down our starting safety, MLB, D-end, WR and had over 10 guys with the flu this week. I’d say pretty impressive performance/coaching all things considered. btw, i was at the game and nothing sweeter than seeing the entire student section cleared out by the 3rd qtr. Really got awkward there when they had a video pump up video highlighting how important their fans “4th side” were to their home field advantage.

Reactions: graceh90
Wisco is #1 in total defense. You were arrogant about it and were proven wrong. Happens all the time w/ you, you’d think you would make sure about things before you hit send, but you don’t. You just continue to arrogantly bloviate incorrect info. Watch more of the sport & maybe it won’t happen so often.
Everyone knows Georgia has the best defense, by far.

Reactions: Golson5
You are so wrong on this one and you continue to go with it. Come on, double down

14.6 ppg 146 points

7.6 ppg 76 points

Keep going though. Keep trying

Reactions: NIN Irish
Except this tool. What a dope. It's not even close.

This Georgia defense is historic
I watched the Tennessee game last night and I wouldn’t classify their defense as “historic”

we were down our starting safety, MLB, D-end, WR and had over 10 guys with the flu this week. I’d say pretty impressive performance/coaching all things considered. btw, i was at the game and nothing sweeter than seeing the entire student section cleared out by the 3rd qtr. Really got awkward there when they had a video pump up video highlighting how important their fans “4th side” were to their home field advantage.
👍

I watched the Tennessee game last night and I wouldn’t classify their defense as “historic”
7.6 ppg on the year is historic.

And Tennessee averages 38 ppg and Ga held them 21 points before their avg with 17 points.

And thats the most any team has scored on them all year.

So yeah.... historic

7.6 ppg on the year is historic.

And Tennessee averages 38 ppg and Ga held them 21 points before their avg with 17 points.

And thats the most any team has scored on them all year.

So yeah.... historic
Did you watch the Tennessee game ?

Did you watch the Tennessee game ?
Yeah. They dominated a good offense after the first quarter.

Held them to 10 points for the relevant part of the game.

Tenn finished with 17 which was 21 below their average.

Very impressive D

Every part of a game is relevant !

Not just the cherry picking part that you selectively choose to cite.

Tennessee had 5 loses prior to playing Georgia, so by your standards they’re terrible

as to their PPG, look closer at who they ran up the score against and then look at how many points they scored when they played decent teams.

“You are so wrong on this one and you continue to go with it. Come on, double down

14.6 ppg 146 points

7.6 ppg 76 points

Keep going though. Keep trying”

I’m wrong about Wisconsin having the #1 ranked defense in the country in total defense? Lol, you really are dumb. I really don’t care if you and NIN think Georgia’s defense is historic, it very well may be, but it’s not #1 in total defense right now, Wisconsin’s is.

I was simply illustrating that Wisconsin had to be at least “decent” if they had the #1 defense in the country & you had to arrogantly run in and declare that Wisconsin didn’t have the #1 defense in the country. You were wrong, they do.

So really no need to double down, as if there’s a debate, there isn’t. I said wisco had the #1 defense in the country, which they do.

“You are so wrong on this one and you continue to go with it. Come on, double down

14.6 ppg 146 points

7.6 ppg 76 points

Keep going though. Keep trying”

I’m wrong about Wisconsin having the #1 ranked defense in the country in total defense? Lol, you really are dumb. I really don’t care if you and NIN think Georgia’s defense is historic, it very well may be, but it’s not #1 in total defense right now, Wisconsin’s is.

I was simply illustrating that Wisconsin had to be at least “decent” if they had the #1 defense in the country & you had to arrogantly run in and declare that Wisconsin didn’t have the #1 defense in the country. You were wrong, they do.

So really no need to double down, as if there’s a debate, there isn’t. I said wisco had the #1 defense in the country, which they do.
Georgia has the best defense in the country and its not close.

They could give up 69 points in their next game and still be ahead of Wisconsin in ppg.

And they are absolutely historic. 7.6 ppg is insane and not allowing a team to score more than 17 all year.

You are clueless. Everyone talks every week about is this one of the great defenses they have ever seen. Where have you been

Stop acting this dumb

Every part of a game is relevant !

Not just the cherry picking part that you selectively choose to cite.

Tennessee had 5 loses prior to playing Georgia, so by your standards they’re terrible

as to their PPG, look closer at who they ran up the score against and then look at how many points they scored when they played decent teams.
No it's not. When its 40 plus to 10 and the other team scores, that is not relevant.

17 points is still awesome regardless. Thats the best anyone scored on them

Wisconsin gave up 37 to Michigan. 37

Tenn had 4 losses entering yesterday, not 5

Tenn scored 34 on Pitt. 24 on Bama. 45 on Kentucky. They can score the football

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT