ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Nothern Illinois game thread

Hopefully we see Leonard stretch the field. Rewatching lat weeks game I was impressed with Bowen taking on the lead blocker. No fear in that kid.

Reactions: NDinNJ
Such amazing instincts from Leonard. Similar to Caleb Williams not that I’m sayin he’s as good. He just has excellent innate instincts/skills.

Ok… now let’s keep things fundamentally sound on defense. No blown assignments and no missed tackles. Just stay in your lane, no peaking in the backfield and wrap up on tackles. Don’t make them better than they are.

Reactions: NDinNJ
For me, Golson was the most frustrating QB of the Kelly era. Incredible arm, threw a beautiful pass, had athleticism to extend plays and represent a true dual threat, started off like an All American talent. But turnovers, an inability to throw the ball away when no one was open, failure to accept coaching, etc… ruined what looked like a promising career in Kelly’s offense. Him walking past Kelly and just ignoring Kelly’s outbursts was incredibly disrespectful of his obligation as the team’s starting QB…much more an indictment of Golson than Kelly. But as I said, the image of him just ignoring a red faced Kelly screaming over yet another mistake filled series is one hell of a lasting image.

Hopefully we see Leonard stretch the field. Rewatching lat weeks game I was impressed with Bowen taking on the lead blocker. No fear in that kid.

Love the play calling.
IT seems to me that Denbrock is back to scheming the perfect pass attempt for 5 yards.

Goodness gracious. This is another "Freeman lays an egg after a big win" situation.

I'm not in panic mode yet but if we lose to another G5 team at home I'm going to be furious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT