ADVERTISEMENT

ND Speed

ftnfan62

I've posted how many times?
Aug 1, 2010
Some of the comments on the board about Tobias made me spend some time looking up our WR's speed.

Outside of Tyree that is just a blazer, clocked between 4.29 and 4.37 is the fastest I could find. Next up would be Braylon James at 4.47 followed by Kolzie at 4.5.

Rico, Greathouse and Thomas are all in the mid 4.5 to 4.7 ranges. Interestingly, there are some real burners on defense that could switch positions.

Gray is in the 4.4 territory, Bell is a 4.34 guy. Bowen ran a 4.38, thats flying. Not sure we would want to move any over, but those speeds are elite on D.

Feels like we need a portal for some incoming speed. Our 2024 recruits are all in the same realm (4.5 guys). No real deep threats on this team after Tyree leaves next year.

Some of the comments on the board about Tobias made me spend some time looking up our WR's speed.

Outside of Tyree that is just a blazer, clocked between 4.29 and 4.37 is the fastest I could find. Next up would be Braylon James at 4.47 followed by Kolzie at 4.5.

Rico, Greathouse and Thomas are all in the mid 4.5 to 4.7 ranges. Interestingly, there are some real burners on defense that could switch positions.

Gray is in the 4.4 territory, Bell is a 4.34 guy. Bowen ran a 4.38, thats flying. Not sure we would want to move any over, but those speeds are elite on D.

Feels like we need a portal for some incoming speed. Our 2024 recruits are all in the same realm (4.5 guys). No real deep threats on this team after Tyree leaves next year.
No way Bowen is 4.38

None of those wrs are 4.7 guys

Tyree is not in the 4.2s

Cam Williams is a blazer… and what about the kid that came in over the summer… bot are 4.4 guys

Your times are so mis-represented it's not worth commenting on.

It's why I love the NFL Combine, true 40's, heights, and weights.

Last edited:

Tyree is quicker than fast. He's not a burner, a burner scores a TD vs nc state. Wilson the LB was catching up to him as well.

We don't have elite speed on WR. Cam williams next year has both quickness and speed. He will be the first we've had with that talent in a long time.

Greathouse and Rico are physically and mentally ready to play as true frosh, but James and kaleb smith are more athletic.

Saldate next year has solid speed, and gilbert is sneaky fast.

Tyree is quicker than fast. He's not a burner, a burner scores a TD vs nc state. Wilson the LB was catching up to him as well.

We don't have elite speed on WR. Cam williams next year has both quickness and speed. He will be the first we've had with that talent in a long time.

Greathouse and Rico are physically and mentally ready to play as true frosh, but James and kaleb smith are more athletic.

Tyree is faster than quick. Probably runs the 40 in 4.35 area. He ran a 4.38 laser time at The opening in high school. Beat everyone who was there. He just can't cut

Reactions: futuredomer
Tyree is faster than quick. Probably runs the 40 in 4.35 area. He ran a 4.38 laser time at The opening in high school. Beat everyone who was there. He just can't cut
4.35 means Chris Tyree would have been the #2 RB at the 2023 NFL Combine. 4.32 was the fastest.

I do not believe Chris Tyree is a 4.35 guy.

Can you find Fred Belitnikoff’s times? he was no blazer. There is more to being a top WR than running fast.

Reactions: PHJIndy
4.35 means Chris Tyree would have been the #2 RB at the 2023 NFL Combine. 4.32 was the fastest.

I do not believe Chris Tyree is a 4.35 guy.
He ran at electronic 40 of 4.38 at Nikes opening combine and won the competition against the best players in his high school class.

He had the fastest 60m time in high school as a junior in high school. He ran a 10.66 100m as a sophomore.

He is widely considered and recognized as the fastest player on the team into Mical Bell showed up

Bell and Tyree are by far the 2 fastest players in the team

Tyree is a track kid he's going to run really fast at the combine

Reactions: ftnfan62
No way Bowen is 4.38

None of those wrs are 4.7 guys

Tyree is not in the 4.2s
Tyree did run a 4.23, but for the most part he is 4.37 40 guy that is fast.
Bowen ran a 4.45, but for the most part he is 4.50 40 guy weighing in at 230 lbs

Reactions: ftnfan62

You guys are lazy. Go look. Tyree was clocked electronically at the open at 4.37. He was listed as "the fastest man" at the open. He was clocked on track in the 4.23.....its just what they say, i didnt make it up...

Your times are so mis-represented it's not worth commenting on.

It's why I love the NFL Combine, true 40's, heights, and weights

Lazy and nasty. Not good traits SB!!

There is this thing. Its called the Word, Wide, Web. It was invented by Al Gore in the 90's. You can go up to that line that starts with https://www.google.com and look them up!

Some only have 100m times, but there is a nice calculator you can plug in the 100m time and it gives you the 40 time. Math is pretty cool.

I doubt the Bowen thing as well, that was one site and not much on it. Looks like others here found some 4.45 stuff so he is fast. But Bell, Gray and Tyree are elite. They were all timed and you can find it.

Tyree: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Chris-Tyree-RB-NotreDame

Kolzie: https://247sports.com/college/notre...-To-Notre-Dame-Football-Recruiting-152114767/

James: https://www.bing.com/search?q=brayl...FB264FD8B0A4A480F20569B2&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

I can do the rest for ya if you need but I'm confident you can take it from here dude.

Lazy and nasty. Not good traits SB!!

There is this thing. Its called the Word, Wide, Web. It was invented by Al Gore in the 90's. You can go up to that line that starts with https://www.google.com and look them up!

Some only have 100m times, but there is a nice calculator you can plug in the 100m time and it gives you the 40 time. Math is pretty cool.

I doubt the Bowen thing as well, that was one site and not much on it. Looks like others here found some 4.45 stuff so he is fast. But Bell, Gray and Tyree are elite. They were all timed and you can find it.

Tyree: https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Chris-Tyree-RB-NotreDame

Kolzie: https://247sports.com/college/notre...-To-Notre-Dame-Football-Recruiting-152114767/

James: https://www.bing.com/search?q=brayl...FB264FD8B0A4A480F20569B2&ghsh=0&ghacc=0&ghpl=

I can do the rest for ya if you need but I'm confident you can take it from here dude.
You cant equate 40 times to 100 times and vice versa. It doesn't work like that.

The speed is adequate. With so many weapons on offense we can negate a fast defense as long as the o line is effective. On defense the secondary is fast enough. We need to get the young linebackers in the game Saturday. Depth also counters speed. But overall...this is not a slow team.

Who would believe a man weighing 230 lbs wearing full pads on a weight field could hit a top speed of 21 MPH, but Audric did.

40 time isn’t a good barometer. A lot of these kids come out not knowing how to properly run a 40. 40 time splits also better than the 40 itself.

Not all 4.5 flats are the same

Reactions: bizzybecknd
He doesn’t always run full speed then in games because he should have scored vs state

While a faster WR would be great, to be elite we need faster LBs and DLinemen. On the field on most plays a 4.35, a 4.4 and a 4.45 won’t make a difference. Also Tyree has to slow and cut to avoid the man in front of him, the cut and the block could have been better but for goodness sake it was an awesome play.

Yep, because he doesn’t have elite speed.. like styles vs osu last year, speed scores in both situations. They aren’t slow, but neither play that fast
Do you want to bet he runs sub 4.4 at the combine?

Hes probably one of the faster players in the country

Speed is over rated. You can’t teach anticipation and instincts. That said, never turn down the quick or you will be dead

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT