ADVERTISEMENT

ND - bc game thread

What does Bo Bauer have to do to get some legit playing time. I realize he reportedly plays too aggressive and will overrun plays but I'm not saying he should start over anyone. But he's physical presence who is destroying people every week on special teams and looks to run better than he was supposed to coming out of high school. A game like BC who has two 240 plus running backs why not give him some plays and see what he can do?

Maybe, but they're playing a lot of Tampa 2, with safeties over the top of both outside receivers and the MLB dropping deep into the middle of the field. They're terrified of having the ball thrown over their head. They'd much rather come up and make a tackle after the catch.

I was right about one thing, though. The double coverage on Claypool. has Kmet open at least.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
The Fighting Cousin Olivers cannot execute but I love Addazio's strategy.

Maybe, but they're playing a lot of Tampa 2, with safeties over the top of both outside receivers and the MLB dropping deep into the middle of the field. They're terrified of having the ball thrown over their head. They'd much rather come up and make a tackle after the catch.[/QUOTE

]I was also right about Lenzy scoring a long TD !

What does Bo Bauer have to do to get some legit playing time. I realize he reportedly plays too aggressive and will overrun plays but I'm not saying he should start over anyone. But he's physical presence who is destroying people every week on special teams and looks to run better than he was supposed to coming out of high school. A game like BC who has two 240 plus running backs why not give him some plays and see what he can do?

All ND's backers are playing at an All conference level right now (if ND was in a conference). Literally playing as well and Tranquil, Coney and Bilal were at this time last year, maybe even better because Bilal was the weak link at rover.

Bauer brings a ton of energy and plays his ass off, but it's hard to take guys off the field when they don't deserve to be taken off the field...

He'll play a couple possessions in the 4th quarter here.

Wow, just caught a view of the south end zone. Place is half empty. What was the official attendance today?

Clark Lea is Kelly's best hire. (Ballis is right there.)

Completely shutting down a good offense. Still not sure what happened vs. M. But damn I really hope Lea stays for a few years.

Completely shutting down a good offense. Still not sure what happened vs. M. But damn I really hope Lea stays for a few years.

What happened against Michigan is the offense did nothing and the defense got worn down early.

I hope he warms up to the recruiting end of things.

IIO -- you really think Wu moves inside next year?

Yep... He'll be a world class Buck. I think Moala and Liufau will be excellent at Rover.

JMO... No problem if someone steps up huge and let's him stay at Rover, but you want your three best out there.

Stu,
If I had my stats right , Mich won the Time of Possession by a large number. Our O did nothing
and our defense was on the field far too long ,

So we're using garbage time to give Book reps with the young WRs?

Ian Book gets no bloking his receivers drop passes yet he still has the Iish offense running at a high level !! He will be on the Heisman watch list next year !

Jahmir Smith has averaged 5.2 yards per carry when he plays, but has been hurt all year. One injury after another. Dude can play when he's healthy. It's a shame he hasn't been.
I'm sorry man. I was frustrated us not kicking their ass early. I despise BC. I was 12 years old in 93. Hated them ever sense. Jahmir is good. Kind of forgot about him and Tony Jones is a really solid back too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT