ADVERTISEMENT

ND #12 in the final AP Poll

Can you find it in yourself to stop lecturing me like this? I don't see why it bothers you so much that I have a different viewpoint, or why you have to condensed like you do.

You were doing really well today until now. I thought for a second that the absolutely brutal smack down you got on the Rock n Toll thread did some good, and trust me it was one of the best beat downs I've ever seen on here, you were rendered to a pink mist courtesy of the Koolaid man. I mean he buried you, embarrassed you and completely exposed you, and yet you still behave like this. Just sad really

Oh dear, I was hoping that I were sufficiently presenting the matter at hand in a suitable enough matter so as not to trigger yet another emotional outburst. I apologize.

Again, I do not wish my observations on the program to offend another. I am merely applying my logic to present an accurate picture of the program in hopes of sparing others that may lack the abilities from further disappointment and internal strife.

I do admit some weaknesses in restraining myself from pointing out the inaccuracies of others. My colleagues can attest to the nasty habit although they must humorously admit that it does in the end ultimately benefit them in their endeavors.

I find that perhaps our issue lay in the phenomenon that I present analysis to the masses at which point you at times respond to the analysis and at that point in time I must mistake that to mean you wish further discourse on the matter. If this is not your intention when replying to my posts please grant me that insight so I can better attempt to improve our interactions.

Oh dear, I was hoping that I were sufficiently presenting the matter at hand in a suitable enough matter so as not to trigger yet another emotional outburst. I apologize.

Again, I do not wish my observations on the program to offend another. I am merely applying my logic to present an accurate picture of the program in hopes of sparing others that may lack the abilities from further disappointment and internal strife.

I do admit some weaknesses in restraining myself from pointing out the inaccuracies of others. My colleagues can attest to the nasty habit although they must humorously admit that it does in the end ultimately benefit them in their endeavors.

I find that perhaps our issue lay in the phenomenon that I present analysis to the masses at which point you at times respond to the analysis and at that point in time I must mistake that to mean you wish further discourse on the matter. If this is not your intention when replying to my posts please grant me that insight so I can better attempt to improve our interactions.

I wish you to cut the crap and talk football, not lecture me on my thought process with 5 paragraphs about my life.

Do they call you Sheldon?

I think we should've been 10th - ahead of Oklahoma and Wisconsin. But 11-2 was a very good season. Hopefully we can build on it and have a great season in 2020.

I wish you to cut the crap and talk football, not lecture me on my thought process with 5 paragraphs about my life.

I will proceed thusly.

Again, I apologize for providing you with awareness as to your own brain mechanisms. I thought it might elevate your state but I fear it only deintegrated it.

This was not my intent even though it were to clearly become your intent towards me during our line of discourse. A phenomenon that now yet more leaves you in a futher state of disintegration.

As your self esteem and general state of well being continues to erode from each interaction with me I find myself to be much regrettable. I can observe why you continue to launch ad hominem attacks towards me, they serve both as an outward manifestation of your internal frustrations of not being able to demerit me through intellectual means and also as an attempt to repair the damage I have wrought to your psyche.

Again, these are regrettable transpirings and I wish they had not occurred.

Were I you, and you me--I might at this point in time place me (or is it you?, I've lost track lol) on "ignore" in order to avoid more internal strife or at a minimum avoid continued failed attempts of intellectual discourse on all matters.

Do they call you Sheldon?

Haha, good form!!

I do enjoy a good ribbing from time to time!

I find it helps one better maintain one's humility. An endeavor I must admit I find difficult when objectively taking account of the state.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I will proceed thusly.

Again, I apologize for providing you with awareness as to your own brain mechanisms. I thought it might elevate your state but I fear it only deintegrated it.

This was not my intent even though it were to clearly become your intent towards me during our line of discourse. A phenomenon that now yet more leaves you in a futher state of disintegration.

As your self esteem and general state of well being continues to erode from each interaction with me I find myself to be much regrettable. I can observe why you continue to launch ad hominem attacks towards me, they serve both as an outward manifestation of your internal frustrations of not being able to demerit me through intellectual means and also as an attempt to repair the damage I have wrought to your psyche.

Again, these are regrettable transpirings and I wish they had not occurred.

Were I you, and you me--I might at this point in time place me (or is it you?, I've lost track lol) on "ignore" in order to avoid more internal strife or at a minimum avoid continued failed attempts of intellectual discourse on all matters.

I don't want to take advice from some average guy on a free board lol. Thanks for offering though.

LOL, @Catholicfan95.

I gave it a shot and tried to engage @deadprez3 in a serious manner, and invited him to join the party with the rest of us, but it seems he just can't help himself. He apparently enjoys his status as the crazy uncle who sits in the corner at family gatherings that the rest of the family ignores. Oh well, to each his own.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
LOL, @Catholicfan95.

I gave it a shot and tried to engage @deadprez3 in a serious manner, and invited him to join the party with the rest of us, but it seems he just can't help himself. He apparently enjoys his status as the crazy uncle who sits in the corner at family gatherings that the rest of the family ignores. Oh well, to each his own.

Yeah I think last night when he admitted he keeps track of his stats on this board said it all for me.

LOL, @Catholicfan95.

I apologize.

Thank you for bringing to my attention that I had missed responding to your post last night. I am also flattered as to your wishing of a response from I that you present the matter in a totally separate topic post.

I also take the above slight towards me to be that similarly in nature to a young post-adolescent's scorn when they find themselves to be jilted by an objective of their affection. Therefore, I do not take affront to the matter, not that it be particularly cutting to compel me to do so otherwise.

Not to present as an excuse, but merely as to speak of how the situation unfolds, I find myself to be otherwise commonly occupied around that time of the day and did not see the alert for your particular message. A co-conspirator on the matter is the many volumes of "likes" I garner which appear to have moved the alert regarding your response off the first page of my most recently listed alerts at the time. Hopefully you can see the innocence regarding the transgression and accept my apology.

As to the contents of that message, I do appreciate your sage parenting advice, however, fortunately (or unfortunately as I'm sure all parents of a large brood sometimes find themselves jokingly observing to themselves) I am well indoctrinated into the nuanced details of parenting.

You seem like a good natured fellow and of a reasonable mind and I remain flattered by your apparent and overt adulations and ernest desire for my attentions. I will try to keep these matters in the forefront of my mind when prioritizing my responses and activities on this board in order to keep you from the uncomfortable state you were experiencing prior to receiving this response from me. I look forward to our future discourses!

he's quite the kook. put him on ignore a while ago.

Do you remember eftzoons the Trojan poster? He was quite pithy with the prose like this Irish poster. Unfortunately for eftzoons his vicious prose of Notre Dame and the Catholic religion on the old Rivals SC board was read by WAX and he became the only cornfield lifer due to his posts on his home board.

Reactions: sluggo69
I apologize.

Thank you for bringing to my attention that I had missed responding to your post last night. I am also flattered as to your wishing of a response from I that you present the matter in a totally separate topic post.

I also take the above slight towards me to be that similarly in nature to a young post-adolescent's scorn when they find themselves to be jilted by an objective of their affection. Therefore, I do not take affront to the matter, not that it be particularly cutting to compel me to do so otherwise.

Not to present as an excuse, but merely as to speak of how the situation unfolds, I find myself to be otherwise commonly occupied around that time of the day and did not see the alert for your particular message. A co-conspirator on the matter is the many volumes of "likes" I garner which appear to have moved the alert regarding your response off the first page of my most recently listed alerts at the time. Hopefully you can see the innocence regarding the transgression and accept my apology.

As to the contents of that message, I do appreciate your sage parenting advice, however, fortunately (or unfortunately as I'm sure all parents of a large brood sometimes find themselves jokingly observing to themselves) I am well indoctrinated into the nuanced details of parenting.

You seem like a good natured fellow and of a reasonable mind and I remain flattered by your apparent and overt adulations and ernest desire for my attentions. I will try to keep these matters in the forefront of my mind when prioritizing my responses and activities on this board in order to keep you from the uncomfortable state you were experiencing prior to receiving this response from me. I look forward to our future discourses!

My, my, my. Aside from self delusion, you suffer from self flattery. The last time the Rorshach test was administered to you, how many images of yourself did you see? And were they laughing at you, as do the rest of us here?

I had hoped--vainly, it is now clear--that you might tire of holding the title of board d-bag, but your capacity for self flagellation apparently has no bounds. You are a sad and pathetic man. God save you.

I think ND was better at the end of the year than everyone other than LSU, OSU, and Clemson. But a marquis game in the regular season ND flat out didn't even show up and quit. Wish it wasn't true. ND should be ranked higher but who did ND beat this year? Wisconsin crushed the same UM team we didn't show up vs.

ND Beat one team in the final AP top 25, and that was Navy. It is what it is.

Without a late season surge by the middies we wouldn't have beaten anything except round the bush. Should Navy be ranked above Michigan?

Our last out was whether UVA could've upset UF in the Orange. They didn't. So while I suspect we will be ranked higher in the final computers, everyone above us has a glamour win so we cannot really complain.

33**-6

Five non historical opponents over three years roughly translates to 2 additional wins per year which one can obviously see as the genesis for his movement away from the traditional 8-4 record he typically had attained prior to the watering down of the schedule.

Remember, all figures need to be put into context. That's why we shall be including the asterisk and accompanying notation next to all displays of his W/L record since the advent of the watered down schedules that were demanded by KeLLLLy.

** these wins include non traditional opponents 2017 Temple, 2017 Miami OH, 2018 Ball St, 2019 New Mexico, 2019 Bowling Green and must be noted for historical comparability

Do you do the same when taking in SEC and ACC schedules? They both schedule FCS teams, some schedule two. I’d say that’s a few built in wins, can’t you say that about every major program?

Well, the coaches poll has ND over Wisconsin at 11th, and the Badgers at 14..

I treat it as though Wiscy played an 8 qtr game against anOSU. Add the Badgers' tough schedule and I have no complaints. ND would probably be in a close game with the top BUGw teams.

Of the 33 which were big wins against excellent opponents?
Can we define excellent? It is very subjective! Top 5 team?? Clemson/Ohio State/Alabama/Georgia/Oklahoma/LSU? They beat LSU in their bowl game two years ago. Lost to Georgia by less than a touchdown twice, and Clemson in the playoffs last year, who went on to smoke Saban and Alabama in the championship game! That would make us 1-3, I'm sure we will say that LSU wasn't excellent then. So that makes us 0-3, again with two of the games being very competitive. What would the rest of college football against excellent teams? For the record I don't consider Oklahoma an excellent team! They have zero wins against excellent teams! The Ohio State zero wins against excellent teams. Georgia zero wins against excellent teams! The only ones that do have wins against excellent teams would be Clemson/Alabama 3 seasons ago/LSU just this year Georgia and Clemson. Although we could probably debate whether or not Georgia was even "excellent" this year, Alabama wasn't this year!

Last edited:
Reactions: DublinND
Can we define excellent? It is very subjective! Top 5 team?? Clemson/Ohio State/Alabama/Georgia/Oklahoma/LSU? They beat LSU in their bowl game two years ago. Lost to Georgia by less than a touchdown twice, and Clemson in the playoffs last year, who went on to smoke Saban and Alabama in the championship game! That would make us 1-3, I'm sure we will say that LSU wasn't excellent then. So that makes us 0-3, again with two of the games being very competitive. What would the rest of college football against excellent teams? For the record I don't consider Oklahoma an excellent team! They have zero wins against excellent teams! The Ohio State zero wins against excellent teams. Georgia zero wins against excellent teams! The only ones that do have wins against excellent teams would be Clemson/Alabama 3 seasons ago/LSU just this year Georgia and Clemson. Although we could probably debate whether or not Georgia was even "excellent" this year, Alabama wasn't this year!
Alabama with Tua in tuscaloosa was excellent this year. That was an excellent win

Well done.
The default is any team that ND beats is by definition not only not excellent but average at best

Reactions: Irishlutheran

"For the second time in five years, Notre Dame’s lone victory against a final Top 25 team came against Navy."

Yep, facts only. This was quoted by (Irish Illustrated ND editor) Lou Somogyi
Stupid post. Follows a pattern. Here's some facts 11-2 34-9 bowl win & 33-6 past 3 years. ND cant control that USC and Stanford are in a tailspin. Wins still count

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT