ADVERTISEMENT

Most Difficult Sport

I have done pretty much every sport, the most difficult one would be snowboarding. I still have problems landing a simple hop jump. Watching the guys do big air is very impressive. Moguls would probably be number 2 as it incorporates two events, skiing and acrobatics with bumps to make your skiing downhill more difficult.

I have always thought that the hardest sport was gymnastics. Watching those guys go through the various events in the olympics has always stunned me.

College wrestling is actually 7 minutes, not 6. And last I checked, they wrestled many 7 minute matches throughout the tournaments.

Besides, they’re cutting weight, battling injuries that most athletes think are season ending, and competition is at its height as every nation has the sport. The toughness of wrestling is more as a result of the culture surrounding it as most elite athletes pride themselves on doing things that no other athletes can/will do. Therefore, to be elite, you have to live what many would consider a miserable life. I.e., limiting calories for years, ruining your body through preposterous workouts, and training year round for 8-10 hours per day. The high level ones get what I mean.

College wrestling is actually 7 minutes, not 6. And last I checked, they wrestled many 7 minute matches throughout the tournaments.

Besides, they’re cutting weight, battling injuries that most athletes think are season ending, and competition is at its height as every nation has the sport. The toughness of wrestling is more as a result of the culture surrounding it as most elite athletes pride themselves on doing things that no other athletes can/will do. Therefore, to be elite, you have to live what many would consider a miserable life. I.e., limiting calories for years, ruining your body through preposterous workouts, and training year round for 8-10 hours per day. The high level ones get what I mean.

This intense training is what has led many good wrestlers, who couldn’t make it in the Olympic circuit to opt for mma. Ask any mma expert like Joe Rogan, and he will say that wrestling is hands down the most dominant and important aspect of mma. Hence the domination by former wrestlers in mma. Nearly all of the great fighters were at least at some point wrestlers before mma fighters with a few exceptions.

Football....we be mates; even with the bad knee.

Baseball.....we be enemies for life. I never could get use to somebody throwing that little ball at me.

Winter sports....never mind. Way to cold for this country boy.

As a kid, during recess, we played a violent form of Red Rover called British Bulldog. On asphalt mind you. We also played a game called "Kill the guy with the ball" which also went by another name. No rules. No score. No teams. Whoever was in the possession of the red playground ball was toast. On asphalt mind you. And finally, we played dodgeball with golf balls. No rules. No teams. No score. Just whipping golf balls at each other until one guy was left. Nuns put a stop to that one when an eye injury resulted in a stoppage of play. Gotta love Catholic schools in the 1960s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT