ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Mickens hired CB coach

Why no mention here yet? Wasn't he #1 target?

Deronte Jones was, but he took another NFL job.

It came down to Mickens and Steeples at the end of the day and I think they did well with Mickens. He's an Ohio guy. He has recruited Ohio while while at Cincinnati. Only helps in the battle with Ohio State in the Ohio Catholic league.

I don't know anything about him, but I hope he is an accomplished recruiter. If BK has any intentions of keeping up with the the elite, every staff member has to be all in on recruiting, and be good at it. None of this half ass stuff from this coach or that coach. Eric Hansen tells the story on how Quenton Nelson almost slipped by this staff if it wasn't for a chance meeting with HH and Quenton and his dad. It seems like they were getting the cold shoulder run around from the recruiting office. By chance they met up with HH on their way back from a Northwestern visit and the rest is history. This story comes from Eric via Quenton's Dad. Can't have this.

Reactions: tbonesays
I don't know anything about him, but I hope he is an accomplished recruiter. If BK has any intentions of keeping up with the the elite, every staff member has to be all in on recruiting, and be good at it. None of this half ass stuff from this coach or that coach. Eric Hansen tells the story on how Quenton Nelson almost slipped by this staff if it wasn't for a chance meeting with HH and Quenton and his dad. It seems like they were getting the cold shoulder run around from the recruiting office. By chance they met up with HH on their way back from a Northwestern visit and the rest is history. This story comes from Eric via Quenton's Dad. Can't have this.
Ol recruiting is and has been very good .. cb recruiting has no where to go but up.

ND almost overlooked a very high 4* in the backyard?!

What?
When Q graduated his father & him both went in-depth about ND & they tell a completely different story than that...

Very, very good hire in my opinion!

I read (I don’t remember who published) that in 17 Cincy had something like the 115th best passing defense, last 2 years with mickens they were 13th and 15th. Also heard he is a very good recruiter

fabulous hire. Know him from his time at Cinci. Easy to see why Lea wanted him badly. Very similar mindset.

Very, very good hire in my opinion!

I read (I don’t remember who published) that in 17 Cincy had something like the 115th best passing defense, last 2 years with mickens they were 13th and 15th. Also heard he is a very good recruiter
hard not to like. his energy is contagious. his players will love him. can't imagine a better fit for a really young secondary group.

The story on how Q and his dad were left virtually to fend for themselves at ND on a stop over from Northwestern was told by Q's dad to Eric. Eric just relayed the story on his radio show the other day. Q's dad apparently felt Diaco and the recruiting office were indifferent on this particular visit and HH, just by circumstance, happened to run into the Nelson's and took over from there. Don't know when in the process this happened. Unless someone can show that this never happened, I'm going with Eric's story on this one.

The story on how Q and his dad were left virtually to fend for themselves at ND on a stop over from Northwestern was told by Q's dad to Eric. Eric just relayed the story on his radio show the other day. Q's dad apparently felt Diaco and the recruiting office were indifferent on this particular visit and HH, just by circumstance, happened to run into the Nelson's and took over from there. Don't know when in the process this happened. Unless someone can show that this never happened, I'm going with Eric's story on this one.
If you look at his recruiting history on 247, he visited Northwestern on 4/4/13, then ND on 4/6 and got an offer from ND the same day. He then committed a couple weeks later.

Why are these dates so out of line with Eric's story? I happen to believe what Eric said and I happen to believe it because he used Q's dad as the source.

More negative, condescending crap from Toby. Never misses a chance to take a shot at BK.

Give it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT